Only Sheffield United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sadly, people won't learn and we'll still get the knee-jerk reactions next season.
I guess it's an understandable need for some to get the pain out, but it dun't half make folk look daft!
Just looked at the league table and we sit just above the relegation zone without a goal yet.

Has Wilder taken us as far as he can?

Unhappy reading for some this,you really should try and calm down JJ

And there are still some that believe our normal fluent, barnstorming selves is going to suddenly reappear in the play offs.
It won't because nobody has the bottle to make things happen when it's really needed

haha, a bumped thread can make entertaining reading sometimes. Tha were reyt we didn't reappear in the plays offs did we 🤣

Correct
What some just don't get is losing or drawing a game is one thing.
Watching a bunch of spineless wankers who haven't got the bottle to go out and attack a relegation threatened team because it might backfire on them is as pathetic as it gets.
And there are still some that believe our normal fluent, barnstorming selves is going to suddenly reappear in the play offs.
It won't because nobody has the bottle to make things happen when it's really needed
I'm all for playing the post and not the poster and this was a disgrace of a post. We'd lost one game in 14 when this shit was written. Even if we'd finished 3rd or 4th the team would have still had a really good season by any measure. Appalling attack on the side right in the middle of a promotion battle.

It's easy to mock people in hindsight.

Hands up all the people who predicted Leeds to not win any of their last four matches and gift us automatic promotion.

Nobody? Thought so.

Hands up all the people who predicted Leeds to not win any of their last four matches and gift us automatic promotion.

Knowing the Leeds results isn’t something any poster had any form of power of. Controlling what you type with your own hands though should, I hope, be something that everyone on here can determine themselves.

what odds would you have taken on Wigan beating L...s away from home with 10 men?. I have now officially forgiven Wigan for dropping us into the Championship, as a result of their help last season. I have not however, forgiven Warnock for giving away our superior GD at Villa, which cost us untold misery for years to come.

Knowing the Leeds results isn’t something any poster had any form of power of. Controlling what you type with your own hands though should, I hope, be something that everyone on here can determine themselves.

Some people probably went a bit over the top but on the whole I think the anger and disappointment was justified at the time.

Some people probably went a bit over the top but on the whole I think the anger and disappointment was justified at the time.

I understand the anger and disappointment at the result. I don’t understand the response of some at the time to throw a team that was having an expectation-surpassing season to be thrown under the bus. Hopefully when the going gets tough this season (and it will) people will think back to how they can react better the next time round.

But I doubt they will tbh.

Nobody? Thought so.
People who make posts like the vitriolic one in this thread, deserve to be mocked in hindsight.
And as for the Dirties, Brentford away, and Villa at home,many of us were hoping that they wouldn't take maximum points from those 2 games, to give us a glimmer of hope.
Should we have a show of hands who thought along similar lines?

Certain people thrive on failure. They find severe criticism gives them a feeling of supriority. .Being critical is easy. Only drawing at home .... failure . Stick the boot in. Oops Leeds lost . My isn't football unpredictable . And people continue to lack faith and give support in mysterious ways.

People who make posts like the vitriolic one in this thread, deserve to be mocked in hindsight.
And as for the Dirties, Brentford away, and Villa at home,many of us were hoping that they wouldn't take maximum points from those 2 games, to give us a glimmer of hope.
Should we have a show of hands who thought along similar lines?

Shut up. Promotion was gifted to us. Manager of the year, pfft.

I was still holding out hope that Norwich were collapsing (they were never as good as us last season).

Nobody? Thought so.

We were “gifted” promotion? Really?

We worked bloody hard for it. We scored more goals than Leeds. We conceded fewer than Leeds, and we finished 6 points ahead of Leeds. On the balance of results / resilience / season-long form, we thoroughly earned and deserved it. 100%.

A “gift”?

*shakes head and sighs*

Correct
What some just don't get is losing or drawing a game is one thing.
Watching a bunch of spineless wankers who haven't got the bottle to go out and attack a relegation threatened team because it might backfire on them is as pathetic as it gets.
Great reading now, eh?

Nobody? Thought so.
It is easy to mock in hindsight, but its not really hindsight when someone (topplayersleave) is in a constant state of flounce. Constantly moaning about something, whether it be the spineless (promotion winning) team or Wilder, who has been so brilliant in the transfer market for us so far, not making any signings yet.

what odds would you have taken on Wigan beating L...s away from home with 10 men?. I have now officially forgiven Wigan for dropping us into the Championship, as a result of their help last season. I have not however, forgiven Warnock for giving away our superior GD at Villa, which cost us untold misery for years to come.
People talk about that villa game like it was a foregone conclusion . People seem to neglect the fact that villa were a much much better side than us with a front three that was as good as any that season

Hang on, hang on, hang on.
I really have heard it all, we won promotion and some of our (supposed) own fans are saying it was a gift.
I've never seen any other fans been so scathing of their own team. You know who you are have a think before posting in future it really is beyond belief.

Back
Top Bottom