CONFIRMED Oliver McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

and 2 of those are Boxing Day and New Years Day.

Only genuine midweek fixtures are Newcastle (h) and Man city (h)
We’re going to have so much more time to prepare for games. So much more time on the training ground.

Understand the desire to get McBurnie in and as it stands, the fit, in terms of giving the attack a further dimension,makes sense.

£20m (or up to) is hugely over the odds but if this is Wilders man, than so be it.

I’m not so sure 😉.

And for the usual suspects writing Bill and Dids off ..........

I wouldn’t. Unless you love a custard pie that is 😀.

UTB

I think Duffy fucking it up for himself actually helps us in terms of options on the bench. Because McGoldrick and Robinson can both play the 10 position we could see which ever one of them isn’t playing plus two of Sharp/Mousset/McBurnie on the bench.

For example
Henderson, Basham, Egan, O’Connell, Baldock, Stevens, Norwood, Fleck, Freeman, Robinson, McBurnie

Subs: Moore, Jagielka, Osborn, Lundstram/Morrison, McGoldrick, Mousset, Sharp

Gives cover to every position on the pitch, the only question is on a game by game basis would you rather have Lundstrams solidity or Morrison’s flair as the bench option.

Osborn for Fleck and that won’t be far from the starting line up I reckon

Understand the desire to get McBurnie in and as it stands, the fit, in terms of giving the attack a further dimension,makes sense.

£20m (or up to) is hugely over the odds but if this is Wilders man, than so be it.

I’m not so sure 😉.

And for the usual suspects writing Bill and Dids off ..........

I wouldn’t. Unless you love a custard pie that is 😀.

UTB

Personally don't feel it's really hugely over the odds - it's probably his peak value, but compared to say Danny Ings (£16m, 27yo, terrible injury history, 38 games played in 4 seasons) I think it's a worthwhile spend.

Che Adams is a good comparison, he was £16m or so to Southampton, is the same age as McBurnie and scored the same amount of league goals last season. Probably the only difference is that Birmingham were under much more pressure to sell than Swansea so have less room to negotiate (Assuming, indeed, the final McBurnie cost would be £20m).

Fleck is the first name on the team sheet for me.

Nah, anyone who knows anything about football knows that our midfield was just Norwood last season.... he single handedly carried us to promotion. Anybody could have done Fleck's job. All he had to do was stand in the middle and kick it to Norwood. He scored that goal v Wednesday but other than that he's not really done anything. I also absolutely detest and cannot get over the fact he came from Rangers

Osborn is cover for Fleck and won’t play ahead of him unless he’s suspended, injured or seriously lacking in form for a consistent run of games which ultimately won’t be happening.
Not disagreeing with you here but how do you know what Wilder's starting 11 will be? Personally I think Flecks earned the right to be a starter but anything is possible. Who'd have thought Duffy would be an outcast 2 weeks ago?

Back
Top Bottom