CONFIRMED Oliver McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If a 23 year old British striker scored 15/20 goals in the premier league he would 10000% be worth 40/50 million that’s just the crazy world we live in

Even if it turns out to be accurate. Which I can't see in all honesty. But if it does... What then? We sell him? Is that the plan?
It's all about maintaining our position in the Premiership and improving the first team when we can.
That's CW strategy. He wants to take us forward. We haven't been a selling club since he took over. The only players that left either weren't good enough or wanted to go!

Even if it turns out to be accurate. Which I can't see in all honesty. But if it does... What then? We sell him? Is that the plan?
It's all about maintaining our position in the Premiership and improving the first team when we can.
That's CW strategy. He wants to take us forward. We haven't been a selling club since he took over. The only players that left either weren't good enough or wanted to go!

Im been hypothetical mate just saying he’d be a good signing cause he’s young and would be resaleable

Another thing about McBurnie..... Potter is hardly his 'breakthrough' manager.

He was banging them in for Barnsley in the Championship 2 years ago, proving himself in a big way. Scored about 11 and won their player of the season.

The only reason he didn't score as many or more than he got this season was due to only signing in January. He was due to sign in August but the paperwork was done too late.

Tough luck for Barnsley too, because they would've undoubtedly stayed up if they had him all season.

So although this was his first big season, it was no shock. I certainly expected it. Any other season my each way bet on him for top scorer would have won....

Im been hypothetical mate just saying he’d be a good signing cause he’s young and would be resaleable

Yes I know you are mate.
I'm just trying to put across (in my own way) that the gamble isn't hinged on whether we could sell said player on. The gamble is on our Premiership survival.

Yes I know you are mate.
I'm just trying to put across (in my own way) that the gamble isn't hinged on whether we could sell said player on. The gamble is on our Premiership survival.

I get where you're coming from mate; you want signings where you can expect a certain level of performance to give us best chance of staying up. Tbh though I think players like McBurnie are what we'll be looking at. Young and hungry to prove themselves(without breaking bank). If they do prove themselves we could stay up, if we don't stay in PL we're left with a good player to get us back up or a cash injection in their sale value. That approach can seem a bit defeatist or cynical but it'll keep us competitive financially. Who knows in a few year we might even get the kop sorted out.

Yes I know you are mate.

Yes of course it’s always a risk signing young players with how they’ll perform but most of the time if you actually properly scout them you should know what your getting .

Yes of course it’s always a risk signing young players with how they’ll perform but most of the time if you actually properly scout them you should know what your getting .
Last season for Derby Waghorn was the "known quantity" and Marriott was their "potential signing" and only one has massively increased their stock.

The dream ticket for me, mate. Why not? You don’t ask, you don’t get. We’re a Premier League club. The landscape has changed. Remember Maupay can play number 10 as well. Both 22 and ideal to grow with us.

Maupay is definitely versatile, and can play in the number 10 role, but I don't think he'd be able to do quite the same job as Duffy.

When I've seen him play deeper (admittedly only a couple of times) he's looked more of a shadow striker/inside forward than a playmaker, like Duffy.

Last season for Derby Waghorn was the "known quantity" and Marriott was their "potential signing" and only one has massively increased their stock.

They’ve both done well for derby this year god knows why they don’t play them both together instead of nugent

I’d be interested in Marriott if derby lose the final he’s a quality player shame we didn’t get him last summer

Why not ask.him if he'd do it for free ,just as much chance

Or maybe he might think that this would be his best chance of having a go at the prem no teams gunna be daft enough to pay him 40/50

Is he out of contract or last year ? Good player

They’ve both done well for derby this year god knows why they don’t play them both together instead of nugent

I’d be interested in Marriott if derby lose the final he’s a quality player shame we didn’t get him last summer
Marriott was the player I wanted to be Sharps apprentice. I believe we were in for him (based on nothing really) and obviously we wanted Waghorn too (reckon that ship has sailed) but maybe Lampard just offered higher wages.

Or maybe he might think that this would be his best chance of having a go at the prem no teams gunna be daft enough to pay him 40/50

Is he out of contract or last year ? Good player
His teams already paying him more than that now
Did you vote leave by any chance ?

Austin is on a reported £70k a week, how do we get around paying him half that?

We’ll be looking at the cumulative fee/wage package. Managed carefully, that might make both Maupay and McB attainable. I think there are straws in the wind that they are our preferred options but that includes an element of wishful thinking on my part.

How do we know that McBurnie has any particular attachment to Potter or rates Potter higher than Wilder?

Many a player would gladly have left United when SemiPro was ‘in charge’ and be reluctant to sign for him once he left.

We don't Pinchy but then there's the likelihood of higher wages from Brighton and Brighton are already a PL club which might appeal more than one that's just gone up, albeit Brighton only just stated up. As Ricky says, because he's from Leeds he may well prefer to move home.

Yes that said team gave him that said contract 4 years ago , no team would now.

And no I didn’t are you a vegan by any chance

He’s got another year on his contract so unless Southampton pay him off it’s highly unlikely.

Sweet Jesus! Haha
Look at the strategy CW and his staff implemented last year. Proven championship players. Not a transfer window full of 21yr olds with potential.
It'll be the same this year. If you think we're gonna spend 10-12mil on a young player with potential then I think you will be disappointed.
I won't cos it makes no sense. Why would we change our strategy when we've just moved into the top tier of English football?
Man U and the likes buy these players to mould. We can't afford to do that... Not yet anyway.

It's widely acknowledged that we are going down the route of cherry picking the better players from the championship. Just accept it.

I think Maupay is the better option.

You seem to think McBurnnie is a better option.

Nothing more to say

Back
Top Bottom