CONFIRMED Oliver McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How much would Austin cost

He’s scored 16 in 66 games for Southampton it's hardly 1 in 2. How much would he cost? He’ll be on big wages as said above and what resale value does a 29 year old have?

Career ratio!!
And it's not all about resale value! What's more important... Survival in the top flight? Or making 5-10mil on a player?
What's Norwoods resale value gonna be? Who cares is the answer to that... Paid 1.2mil for him and now we're in the Premiership which is worth way more than any bloody resale value!

And just to clarify. I'm not McBurnie's biggest fan... But I do agree he has the potential to be better.

Career ratio!!
And it's not all about resale value! What's more important... Survival in the top flight? Or making 5-10mil on a player?
What's Norwoods resale value gonna be? Who cares is the answer to that... Paid 1.2mil for him and now we're in the Premiership which is worth way more than any bloody resale value!

And just to clarify. I'm not McBurnie's biggest fan... But I do agree he has the potential to be better.

For the probable total cost of Austin I’d sooner go for Gayle.

Predictable that, and sadly they'll probably get him now Potter is going there. I can't think of another alternative that could do what McBurnie can!

How do we know that McBurnie has any particular attachment to Potter or rates Potter higher than Wilder?

Many a player would gladly have left United when SemiPro was ‘in charge’ and be reluctant to sign for him once he left.

How do we know that McBurnie has any particular attachment to Potter or rates Potter higher than Wilder?

Many a player would gladly have left United when SemiPro was ‘in charge’ and be reluctant to sign for him once he left.
I suppose we will find out

For the probable total cost of Austin I’d sooner go for Gayle.

I'd rather have Gayle than McBurnie. Although I think we'd be looking at the same kind of outlay between Gayle and Austin. Both have something to prove though so that's one box ticked.

Would it be greedy to want McBurnie and Maupay? I think both would be good and very complimentary.

The dream ticket for me, mate. Why not? You don’t ask, you don’t get. We’re a Premier League club. The landscape has changed. Remember Maupay can play number 10 as well. Both 22 and ideal to grow with us.

I'd rather have Gayle than McBurnie. Although I think we'd be looking at the same kind of outlay between Gayle and Austin. Both have something to prove though so that's one box ticked.

There’s a cross in young and hungry. Another cross in resale value.

McBurnie it is, then. More ticks.

Potter comes across dull as dishwater too so I can’t see why McBurnie would be desperate to link up with him again.

He could move back to Leeds if he chose us.

I'd like to think he'd prefer to be a part of our squad than Brighton's. And given Wilder's success and reputation, he'd surely at least want to have talks with him before deciding.

I like McBurnie and if anything it will be nice to sign him just to stop him scoring against us!

In terms of partnerships, he’s a penalty box predator mainly so I would prefer to see a versatile, natural no.10 playing just off him. Someone that doesn’t mind dropping into midfield for the ball or can support the wide positions. McGoldrick ticks the box for the former and someone like a Jay Rodriguez for the latter. Billy would be McBurnie’s natural competition in this scenario.

There’s a cross in young and hungry. Another cross in resale value.

McBurnie it is, then. More ticks.

Already said I'm not particularly bothered about "resale" value. Our objective is to become a solid Premiership football club.
And how much do you think we can make on McBurnie anyway?? He's quoted at 12mil now... Do you think he's gonna turn into a 25-30mil player? More??
All values are insignificant compared to Premiership survival.

Besides... Austin isn't in your young bracket but he's in his prime at 29. And how do you know he's not hungry? Haha

Already said I'm not particularly bothered about "resale" value. Our objective is to become a solid Premiership football club.
And how much do you think we can make on McBurnie anyway?? He's quoted at 12mil now... Do you think he's gonna turn into a 25-30mil player? More??

Besides... Austin isn't in your young bracket but he's in his prime at 29. And how do you know he's not hungry? Haha

You might not be bothered about resale value but the club and Wilder will be.

I’ve got him round for Sunday dinner and he hasn’t even touched his sprouts...

Just like they was with Norwood?

At anything around £2m there was always going to be a safe resale value in Norwood.

The example to use to suggest resale value is not so important would be Waghorn, who we seemed willing to spend £5m on.

We don't really have a strict transfer policy. It's all done on a deal by deal basis, they may be very different but each one has to be justifiable. Spending on older players can be OK, but with the bigger fees now we'll always try to buy assets.

I’ve got him round for Sunday dinner and he hasn’t even touched his sprouts...

Sweet Jesus! Haha
Look at the strategy CW and his staff implemented last year. Proven championship players. Not a transfer window full of 21yr olds with potential.
It'll be the same this year. If you think we're gonna spend 10-12mil on a young player with potential then I think you will be disappointed.
I won't cos it makes no sense. Why would we change our strategy when we've just moved into the top tier of English football?
Man U and the likes buy these players to mould. We can't afford to do that... Not yet anyway.

Just like they was with Norwood?

Let’s leave resale value to one side. He’s scored 16 goals in the last four seasons. Four a season. He’ll be 30, not 29, next time he kicks a ball competitively. Not one for Tufty, I suspect.

At anything around £2m there was always going to be a safe resale value in Norwood.

The example to use to suggest resale value is not so important would be Waghorn, who we seemed willing to spend £5m on.

It's insignificant whichever player you use. Waghorn was a target cos CW thought he would help us reach the big time. That's the point. So suggesting players that have resale value isn't the issue. It's whether said player will improve our chances of survival right now

We don't really have a strict transfer policy. It's all done on a deal by deal basis, they may be very different but each one has to be justifiable.

How much would Austin cost

He’s scored 16 in 66 games for Southampton it's hardly 1 in 2. How much would he cost? He’ll be on big wages as said above and what resale value does a 29 year old have?

I’d take Austin as an option

Those stats are like that cause he doesn’t start and has been injured

Sweet Jesus! Haha
Look at the strategy CW and his staff implemented last year. Proven championship players. Not a transfer window full of 21yr olds with potential.
It'll be the same this year. If you think we're gonna spend 10-12mil on a young player with potential then I think you will be disappointed.
I won't cos it makes no sense. Why would we change our strategy when we've just moved into the top tier of English football?
Man U and the likes buy these players to mould. We can't afford to do that... Not yet anyway.

I think Tufty has hinted that we’re going for younger players who will grow with us?

I agree that we can’t buy ‘mere potential’ but Maupay and McB are already delivering at 22 and with years of improvement ahead. They seem obvious choices to me. Charlie Austin seems more like a ‘last payday’ option that many on here have fiercely opposed for years.

If McBurnie scores 15/20 for us he’d be worth 40/50 million

If he flopped and scored 5 say hed still be worth a bit cause he’s young and scored in the champ

It’s a lot of money but I don’t think it’s that big of a risk tbf

Let’s leave resale value to one side. He’s scored 16 goals in the last four seasons. Four a season. He’ll be 30, not 29, next time he kicks a ball competitively. Not one for Tufty, I suspect.

I will gladly leave resale value out of it. Yes ok he's only scored 16 goals in 60 apps in the Premiership. But the lad has had injuries, it's been stop start and Southampton have made so many managerial changes in that time also.

If McBurnie scores 15/20 for us he’d be worth 40/50 million

If he flopped and scored 5 say hed still be worth a bit cause he’s young and scored in the champ

It’s a lot of money but I don’t think it’s that big of a risk tbf

Haha fook me!... I stand corrected. He must remind you of a young Jostein Flo chucking the ol' 50mil price tag on him!

I will gladly leave resale value out of it. Yes ok he's only scored 16 goals in 60 apps in the Premiership. But the lad has had injuries, it's been stop start and Southampton have made so many managerial changes in that time also.

I think we’ve both put the respective arguments, sufficiently. I’m putting you down for an Austin. I’m not saying it’s an awful suggestion. You could have said Nick Fucking Blackman... :)

I think Tufty has hinted that we’re going for younger players who will grow with us?

I agree that we can’t buy ‘mere potential’ but Maupay and McB are already delivering at 22 and with years of improvement ahead. They seem obvious choices to me. Charlie Austin seems more like a ‘last payday’ option that many on here have fiercely opposed for years.

I trust CW to not employ any such player after a last payday.
Not that Austin at his age is anywhere near a mercenary yet.

It's going to be a long hard season if we can't add anything other than average championship players. Top EFL players like McBurnie seem unattainable.

I think we’ve both put the respective arguments, sufficiently. I’m putting you down for an Austin. I’m not saying it’s an awful suggestion. You could have said Nick Fucking Blackman... :)

Hahaha
I'll be McBurnie's biggest fan of course if we do sign him UTB

Back
Top Bottom