CONFIRMED Oliver McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If Brighton are interested... maybe we should look to force the issue quickly before the appoint a manager?

I expect a semi established PL club like Brighton is going to have the edge if all things are equal!

If Brighton are interested... maybe we should look to force the issue quickly before the appoint a manager?

I expect a semi established PL club like Brighton is going to have the edge if all things are equal!

McBurnie will already know Potters got the job, I suspect he will be Brightons first summer signing.
Shame, but that's the twist of fate you need sometimes to land a player.

Although it looks likely he’ll got to Brighton, isn’t it the case there that the manager isn’t in charge of singings, pretty sure that was the case with Houghton, a lot of those signings weren’t his.

With his Yorkshire roots and knowing that Brighton were pretty much a car crash towards the end of the season, provided the financial package between us and Brighton isnt ridiculous, i would still bet that we would be favourites for him.

If he was a southern lad then probably not, but as he's a northern lad....

With his Yorkshire roots and knowing that Brighton were pretty much a car crash towards the end of the season, provided the financial package between us and Brighton isnt ridiculous, i would still bet that we would be favourites for him.

I think given they are more established as a Prem club, it’s his ex manager who he played under in his “breakout” season and the financials are likely to be stronger, I can’t see anything other than those guys being favourites. And I’m an optimist on here!

It depends what you count as ridiculous. Brighton would definitely be able to offer him a wage a few thousands higher than us. I don't think roots are anywhere near as significant as £££ realistically.

I hope we are after him but I think the latest rumours are just speculation based on nothing more than guesswork

Personally, I'd say anyone who scores 24 in a very average side is decidedly above average.
You rate him, personally, I don’t.

Remember this thread when he doesn’t get double figures next season.

Have now watched him 9 time live and he is certainly not above average.

In saying that, I would love for him to sign and shove my opinion firmly up my arse.

Wages - what do Brighton pay? Will they blow us out of the water? Will they go above 40k p/w?

They're apparently paying Jahanbakhsh,
Bissouma & Izquierdo well, probably more than £40k, so it would depend how highly they rate him.

Club - we're bigger than Brighton, we have more potential than Brighton.

Both debatable there. Historically bigger yes, currently bigger probably not and some would argue that with them being on the south coast and having stable ownership, they infact have more potential than ourselves.

Lets not go down the Wednesday/Leeds route of declaring ourselves bigger than everyone as if it's a fact.

I think given they are more established as a Prem club, it’s his ex manager who he played under in his “breakout” season and the financials are likely to be stronger, I can’t see anything other than those guys being favourites. And I’m an optimist on here!
If the Brighton 'system' allows the manager any input into new signings?
Maybe all new recruits have to match the 'algorithm' :eek:

You rate him, personally, I don’t.

Remember this thread when he doesn’t get double figures next season.

Have now watched him 9 time live and he is certainly not above average.

In saying that, I would love for him to sign and shove my opinion firmly up my arse.

Who do you think we should sign that will get us in double figures next season?

Who do you think we should sign that will get us in double figures next season?

I'd prefer Charlie Austin.
I can only see McBurnie as a development player. He's not good enough for the Prem (in my opinion) so 12m on a squad player? Doesn't seem like good business to me.

I can only see McBurnie as a development player. He's not good enough for the Prem (in my opinion) so 12m on a squad player? Doesn't seem like good business to me.

Austin would probably want around £60K a week as I believe that’s what he’s on at Southampton.

McBurnie is 22 with bags of potential. I think he’d flourish under Wilder.

I’ll put money on McBurnie getting triple the goals Charlie Austin got this season with a similar amount of games.

If we were going to go all out for one player, I'd much rather we do it for McBurnie than Maupay or Adams. I reckon he's the type of player who'd have a bigger influence in a side like ours.
Would it be greedy to want McBurnie and Maupay? I think both would be good and very complimentary.

Austin would probably want around £60K a week as I believe that’s what he’s on at Southampton.

McBurnie is 22 with bags of potential. I think he’d flourish under Wilder.

I've no idea what Austin is on. But if his wages price us out of it then that's that.
McBurnie does have plenty of potential I totally agree. My point was I wanted someone who could cut it with the elite in the here and now.
As far as potential goes I think a loan deal for James after Man U sign him is the way I'd go... He's the only Swansea player I'm excited about. Possibly Celina too.

Would it be greedy to want McBurnie and Maupay? I think both would be good and very complimentary.

We won’t pay for both. I think we’ll buy one striker for big money for us and one on loan or a cheap Madine/Hogan.

I’ll put money on McBurnie getting triple the goals Charlie Austin got this season with a similar amount of games.

Look at his career record. Wasn't the most fruitful season I agree but Southampton were struggling big time until the last 10 games of the season.

2 last year, 7 the year before and 6 before that. He had a great season with QPR scoring 18 goals but that was 5 years ago.

Yes he's had one or two injuries that have prevented him playing as many games as he would of liked. Goals to game ratio is still 1 in 2.
A fully fit Austin in our team does a better job than McBurnie would at this stage of his career. It's just my opinion. Austin is an all round better striker with experience at the level.
Finally, how many goals has McBurnie scored when he's been up against it? i.e in the Scottish national team... None is the answer to that.

How much would Austin cost
Yes he's had one or two injuries that have prevented him playing as many games as he would of liked. Goals to game ratio is still 1 in 2.
A fully fit Austin in our team does a better job than McBurnie would at this stage of his career. It's just my opinion. Austin is an all round better striker with experience at the level.
Finally, how many goals has McBurnie scored when he's been up against it? i.e in the Scottish national team... None is the answer to that.

He’s scored 16 in 66 games for Southampton it's hardly 1 in 2. How much would he cost? He’ll be on big wages as said above and what resale value does a 29 year old have?

Back
Top Bottom