CONFIRMED Oliver McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree he’s a quality player. He’s a Leeds lad as well so SUFC would be moving back close to home.

From what I’ve seen he seems very decent.seen him beat players for pace too.

Brighton could be a big threat to our chances actually. They'll need to replace Murray.

McBurnie's the one player I see as a 'must sign'.

So who would we turn to if we can't get him? There aren't many who are comparable. Maybe pay what it takes to get Karlan Grant?

Not sure, I don't fancy Zohore now either. I did, but I don't think even Wilder could revive him.

McBurnie would be a very good player for us if he came.

I can't believe Brighton want Potter tbh. Swansea were awful last season. I couldn't believe we lost both games to them. I think it was because their tempo was that slow that it stifled the boys. Nonetheless, he had a good squad at his disposal and did nothing with it. Now Brighton want to reward him with a Premier League job. Could work indirectly in our favour that appointment.

Wages - what do Brighton pay? Will they blow us out of the water? Will they go above 40k p/w?

Location - we have the advantage there, being near his roots.

Manager - so he played for Potter last season. So what? They finished mid table. We have the LMA manager of the year who's rated McBurnie for a while, and he will know that. I'd like to think we have the advantage here too.

Club - we're bigger than Brighton, we have more potential than Brighton, we have more momentum than Brighton.

So I think most factors favour us but the wages worry me. Never underestimate how little PL clubs give a shit about overpaying players.

Wages - what do Brighton pay? Will they blow us out of the water? Will they go above 40k p/w?

Location - we have the advantage there, being near his roots.

Manager - so he played for Potter last season. So what? They finished mid table. We have the LMA manager of the year who's rated McBurnie for a while, and he will know that. I'd like to think we have the advantage here too.

Club - we're bigger than Brighton, we have more potential than Brighton, we have more momentum than Brighton.

So I think most factors favour us but the wages worry me. Never underestimate how little PL clubs give a shit about overpaying players.

Are you trying to convince us or yourself here Ricky? Haha

Brighton will outmuscle us financially, money talks for footballers. Most other factors are irrelevant.

Shows just how tough it will be for us to add any quality.

Brighton will outmuscle us financially, money talks for footballers. Most other factors are irrelevant.

Shows just how tough it will be for us to add any quality.

Agree think it will be a struggle against Brighton as they will be able to top our wages and are more established as a Prem outfit. It’s a lovely city as well and suspect being close to London will be a pull for McBurnie.

Gutted :(

We might face a bit of a financial dilemma here because there's a real lack of alternatives.

We might face a bit of a financial dilemma here because there's a real lack of alternatives.

If we were going to go all out for one player, I'd much rather we do it for McBurnie than Maupay or Adams. I reckon he's the type of player who'd have a bigger influence in a side like ours.

Can you believe Bradford didn’t put a sell on clause in to his contract. :eek:

If we were going to go all out for one player, I'd much rather we do it for McBurnie than Maupay or Adams. I reckon he's the type of player who'd have a bigger influence in a side like ours.

It's pivotal we get a centre forward we can rely on, one to lead the attack and build around. That player should be physically good, ideally tall, technically good, offer resale value and has to be attainable on the wages front. Preferably British too.

It's a very important signing, it's a must. And there's a blatant lack of comparable players to McBurnie.

There are more options when it comes to the Adams and Maupay types because they're not necessarily the 'main' striker. The likes of Callum Robinson, Ollie Watkins and F_______ F_________ could be alternatives for example.

Back
Top Bottom