Oli v Maupay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If you regularly set up Maupay, Sharp and Ollie then Ollie is the worse of the 3.

It’s unfair to compare these 3 strikers because although Ollie is the worse finisher

You're getting Maupay and McBurnie mixed up.

Agree Maupay is a fox in box similar Sharp.
If you regularly set up Maupay, Sharp and Ollie then Ollie is the worse of the 3.
However Maupay and Sharp need feeding with chances to be effective.

It’s unfair to compare these 3 strikers because although Ollie is the worse finisher
he brings more to the table than Maupay and Sharp, better allround play, more versatile, comes deeper and starts off attacks.
Is he the worst finisher? Compare his xG to Maupay’s last season

He’s the best all round player by a mile.

I'll back this thread to go over 10.5 pages because this is going to be a good long running comparison.

Championship goals:-

Maupay - 37 in 85 - av per game .435

Oli - 31 in 59 - a p g .526

Nuff said.
Goals in the prem..
Maupay 1
Oli 0

That's the figures we need to look at, and I'm still glad we got Mcburnie, there's a long way to go....

I'll say they'll both be around the 10 goal mark this season.

Maupay took his goal well for Brighton on Saturday looked a good finisher .

Oli 0 - Maupay 1

THB as long as we stay up I am not bothered who scores what but its interesting to see how both players go on , pity we couldn't sign them both !
Not as straight forward as comparing goals. Mcburnie was in the mix causing problems for Bournemouth in the box, if he's not there the chance probably doesn't fall to Billy.

I'll back this thread to go over 10.5 pages because this is going to be a good long running comparison.
I’m thinking minimum one season, could be longer if we both stay up and don’t sell them.

Oli's shot was going wide,until it hit Egan and dropped infront of Sharp,does Oli get the assist.

Shocking miss cue from McBurnie really.
It all ended up ok, but if McBurnies shot had gone wide and not hit anybody we'd have been a bit worried that the first thing he'd done for us was miss a sitter

Shocking miss cue from McBurnie really.
It all ended up ok, but if McBurnies shot had gone wide and not hit anybody we'd have been a bit worried that the first thing he'd done for us was miss a sitter
It was a wall pass 😉

Maupay for me is more your typical premiership striker, excellent positional awareness and finish at the weekend.

McBurnie is raw and I’m sure will turn to be a great player and a regular starter.

Il reserve judgement for now. Wish we had them both 😂

Thought McBurnie looked a reyt handful for bournemouth, he`ll win plenty in the air too, at both ends of the field, he usefully clears opposition corners an `all, he`ll do me. Maupay couldn`t score against 10 men at the Lane. Oli for me!

McBurnie is a player i'm not sure most understand he's more than just a handful type of target man (although he is outstanding in that role) his first touch is impeccable and is more than capable playing in any forward position as for Barnsley he was deployed on the left wing playing off of Kieffer Moore and when they beat us at oakwell he tied baldock and basham in knots and in that same campaign scored this against the pigs. 😉

And this versatility is the reason why I and i'm guessing many others preferred Oli over Neal when RC confirmed interest in both.

Back
Top Bottom