Oli v Maupay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Championship goals:-

Maupay - 37 in 85 - av per game .435

Oli - 31 in 59 - a p g .526

Nuff said.

I wouldn’t normally pay too much attention to that sort of stat in abstraction. But given how Brentford play, and the number of chances they create, it does bode well for Oli.

Plus I remember Hogan making endless fruitless runs which seemed like a throwback to how he succeeded at Brentford. If Maupay relies on that same type of service, I’m not sure we can provide it.

Not saying Maupay won’t succeed, but there are indications we’ve picked the more suitable player to us. 17m fingers crossed.

Intriguing how it will pan out but I’m happy with what we have done, in fact ecstatic that we giving it a go.
With our man management and treating players like humans and the added munneh spent we have a good chance.
One year at a time fingers crossed 🤞🏻 utb

Maupay wastes for too many chances. And this season we’re going to have to take all the chances we het

Not much other than scoring goals to Maupay's game, McBurnie on the other hand does much more than just score goals. I think we have the better value for money player.

I think we got the better of the two but both would have been nice. We’ll know what we should have done by the end of January

Can't understand the Maupay slagging
I still wish he was our player, as well as McBurniie, with both of them I think staying up wouldn't have been in question.

But if he can't look any further than the South East fuck him,

He said there’s a sea there apparently, and it’s like Nice. (That’s the French Nice, pronounced “niece” not “nice”).

That’s the deciding factor. I’m not ITK but I did say about location being important. We can offer him lots of charity shops and nail bars, plenty of empty office blocks and loads of student accommodation. An impressive arts and cultural scene, some of the best ale in the country and close proximity to the beautiful Peak District.

But we don’t do “sea”. We are just about the furthest place in the entire country from the sea.

We’ve got 5 rivers but no sea.

Millhouses Lido closed down years ago or that may have swung it in our favour?

Anyhow, I was going to say, GLTTL, but if it’s taken him all this time to realise we have no sea then he must be thick as merde de porc!

Having said that: I think he’s a very good player and wish we could have got him. No “jilted lover” reaction here! 😀

I just hope comments from the comrades above are correct. I am certainly having £10 on Maupay to score against us when we play the Seagulls. (We will win 2 - 1 in any event)

HH🙂

I think Brighton will be relegated. Despite Maupay.

He’s picked the wrong club there.

I wanted both McBurnie and Maupay at the beginning of the window. But after watching Robinson play, my interest in Maupay faded very quickly.

Robinson does look very good. Impressed at Chesterfield the other week. Hopefully our bargain buy.

I also think we will finish above Brighton. They have the smell of relegation on them.

HH

Seems as well as having the sea, Brighton were happy to pay the large wedge to the agent. Would have liked to see them both in Blades shirts but Robinson is looking better value than Maupay so far. As for the stats I am not sure that goals scored in one season for different clubs in the Championship counts for anything in the Premier League and if a players criteria for moving revolves around a sea view rather than desire to play and succeed then CW would probably have fucked him off if he ever got around to contract talks anyway.

I just think Mcburnie's a better fit all round for us on and off the pitch.

Can't understand the Maupay slagging
I still wish he was our player, as well as McBurniie, with both of them I think staying up wouldn't have been in question.

But if he can't look any further than the South East fuck him,

Very clever.

The saving grace for me is, without Maupay, we're gonna see more of Billy this season than we might have done otherwise.

And I for one am pretty happy knowing that.

I really wanted Maupay but I can't say I'm at all disappointed with McBurnie. Second best conversion rate in the division (and yes, number one is who you'd think) and while not as fancy a footballer as Maupay, that gives me confidence that we're still intending our same style of play of creating high quality chances for a finisher. Add to that that Oli is well rated for his ability to drop deep and link up the play and, ignoring the price tag, it's a standard Wilder signing - a player who you know exactly how they'll fit into the side and the game plan. Gives us some height up front too.

And again, not that I didn't want him, but you have to wonder if McBurnie had a French name would his transfer rumours have attracted more paper talk.

Lot's of clubs were interested in Maupay but nothing seemed to fire until Brighton came in, could this be that being there he's nearer to home and can nip off when ever is convenient. Scoring lots of goals in lower division though is not a immediate recipe for success, anyone remember Derek Hayles Charlton to Derby, couldn't stop scoring at Charlton if he'd took 10 shots at John Lennon while at Derby he'd still be alive.

Just wondering why potter didnt sign oli for Brighton but went for maupay instead hmmm.... Good one

Maupay took his goal well for Brighton on Saturday looked a good finisher .

Oli 0 - Maupay 1

THB as long as we stay up I am not bothered who scores what but its interesting to see how both players go on , pity we couldn't sign them both !

Maupay would seem to have been much more of a replacement for Billy.

Though dare I say it Billy is far more clinical in his execution and goals per game. And what's more, he's clearly not done yet.

McBurnie has parts to his game that can play alongside Sharp that Maupay does not and therefore I still stand by McBurnie being a better fit for us.

Maupay would seem to have been much more of a replacement for Billy.

Though dare I say it Billy is far more clinical in his execution and goals per game. And what's more, he's clearly not done yet.

McBurnie has parts to his game that can play alongside Sharp that Maupay does not and therefore I still stand by McBurnie being a better fit for us.

Agree Maupay is a fox in box similar Sharp.
If you regularly set up Maupay, Sharp and Ollie then Ollie is the worse of the 3.
However Maupay and Sharp need feeding with chances to be effective.

It’s unfair to compare these 3 strikers because although Ollie is the worse finisher
he brings more to the table than Maupay and Sharp, better allround play, more versatile, comes deeper and starts off attacks.

Maupay took his goal well for Brighton on Saturday looked a good finisher .

Oli 0 - Maupay 1

THB as long as we stay up I am not bothered who scores what but its interesting to see how both players go on , pity we couldn't sign them both !
So why have you just put their respective goals after GW1 on the board?

Back
Top Bottom