Oli McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Akinbiyi

Banned
Reaction score
People can agree or disagree with me about Bash - I don’t mind footballs football and we’ll all have our opinions.

But when it comes to this guy, surely can’t be disputed he’s got to start every game. He was magnificent when he came on, has everything McGoldrick has technically and a set of finishing boots (and head) on him. And he’s 6’3 which helps.

I can’t see any glaring weaknesses to his game, he has a bit of everything. Even pace which at 6’3 is not a given.

Take that header for example, it was fucking unbelievable. I can’t stress enough how hard that was to score and he made it look so easy.

He’ll start at Chelsea and rightly so but for me has to start every week when fit. He’s that good. Sounds a bit outlandish when he was circa £20m but he really was worth every penny. Kids going places.

Can't believe how good this guy is. Ball control, dribbling, heading ability, he's got it all. Think we've got a bargain. Love Basham but I think Championship is his highest level.

People can agree or disagree with me about Bash - I don’t mind footballs football and we’ll all have our opinions.

But when it comes to this guy, surely can’t be disputed he’s got to start every game. He was magnificent when he came on, has everything McGoldrick has technically and a set of finishing boots (and head) on him. And he’s 6’3 which helps.

I can’t see any glaring weaknesses to his game, he has a bit of everything. Even pace which at 6’3 is not a given.

Take that header for example, it was fucking unbelievable. I can’t stress enough how hard that was to score and he made it look so easy.

He’ll start at Chelsea and rightly so but for me has to start every week when fit. He’s that good. Sounds a bit outlandish when he was circa £20m but he really was worth every penny. Kids going places.

“a bit of everything...” is exactly why I wanted him over Maupay.

I said after the game that he’ll be a Premiership player for the rest of his career, whether that’s with us or not. He has every required attribute

• Banned
“a bit of everything...” is exactly why I wanted him over Maupay.

I said after the game that he’ll be a Premiership player for the rest of his career, whether that’s with us or not. He has every required attribute
Likewise. Maupay may well be ‘the heir to Billy Sharp’ as many have said, but Oli is like nothing I’ve seen at the Lane. He has it all and that’s no exaggeration.

Reactions: FYT

I agree, no more to add tbh

Thought he was immense when he came on, he actually has a bit of pace (as has been said) for a tall lad, and skillful. A handful for defenders. At one point, he steamed back to tackle, and win the ball in front of the dug out and set off on a charge on goal. He will get the crowd on their feet and cheering.

Not seen enough of Mousset to comment on him, but I would imagine the two of them up front would cause carnage.

Oli has all the attributes to become a Lane legend in the same mould has Deano (Brian, of course). Let's hope we can hang on to this one!

He's won his place in the team now. Wilder always says that - your place is there to keep. He's come on and taken McG or Robinsons place now and it's down to them to win it back

I've been very impressed with McBurnie so far. He looks like a proper centre forward, with his strength in the air, excellent hold up play and link up play, and the header for the goal was magnificent. I think he also owes Baldock a pint for that cross as it was meat and drink to a proper centre forward like McBurnie. Personally I wouldn't have been against using signing Gary Madine during the summer but I think McBurnie is like an upgraded version of Madine

im pretty sure he will start against Chelsea. I Dont think robinson is a out and out striker so Wilder might havre to find A different role for him on the pitch, A number 10? i duno! We dont play with wingers so im not sure he suits our play

A really good player, I said when he came on he only needs 1 chance and bang. Dont agree with you about bash but most wont agree that I think mcgoldrick isnt prem quality and neither is robinson

A really good player, I said when he came on he only needs 1 chance and bang. Dont agree with you about bash but most wont agree that I think mcgoldrick isnt prem quality and neither is robinson
Agree regarding Mcgoldrick. Excellent hold up play, skillful play too. But.. and it's a big but. In the premier league you need to convert the chances you get (especially the sitter he missed against palace) Mcburnie is an equal player (With room to grow) with the massive difference being he can convert 99 percent of the chances he gets.

Speed of thought and movement seemed the differençe yesterday. Not sure Morrison was on message yesterday.

McBurnie looked the biz

But when it comes to this guy, surely can’t be disputed he’s got to start every game.

He’ll start at Chelsea and rightly so but for me has to start every week when fit. He’s that good.

Easy like.

McGoldrick won everything in air yesterday and thought Robinson offered little. Mcburnie should start next game but in two minds in who he should replace.

Opinions are like arseholes mate

He's tormenting teams for us like he did against us last season.

Don't let the physical attributes fool you - he's got excellent technique and happy to run with the ball too.

I agree with the early signs of that he looks a complete centre forward and has to start against Chelsea. It's a heart wrencher as to who should make way for him up top as I have been happy with Didzy and Robbo but for tactical reasons I would drop Didzy (💔) and go with Robbo / McBurnie next week.

The question is who will get the best out of him next week
Robbo or didsy ?
I'm a bit torn on this one think Robinson has looked a bit over awed so far this season but the role he's playing doesn't suit him
Think mcgoldrick has played well enough but missed chances
Both need to turn a corner and won't if they get dropped but one of them has to go
Add in to the mix that sharp didn't look out of place with some lovely touches and intelligent movement and I think.wilder has a bit of a headache

The question is who will get the best out of him next week
Robbo or didsy ?
I'm a bit torn on this one think Robinson has looked a bit over awed so far this season but the role he's playing doesn't suit him
Think mcgoldrick has played well enough but missed chances
Both need to turn a corner and won't if they get dropped but one of them has to go
Add in to the mix that sharp didn't look out of place with some lovely touches and intelligent movement and I think.wilder has a bit of a headache

McGoldrick looks more comfortable for the supporting role to McBurnie. I think Robinson is struggling to adapt to our system and looks a little lost out there. He more needs time, McGoldrick doesn't so starts for me.

Back
Top Bottom