Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I went to this one. England v Scotland u21, 1977. No.7 Cunningham, 8.Mariner?, 9. Woodcock?
Is that Strachan in the background?
Screenshot_20191111_200249.jpg

went to this one. England v Scotland u21, 1977. No.7 Cunningham, 8.Mariner?, 9. Woodcock?
Is that Strachan in the background?
Screenshot_20191111_200249.jpg
Might be Asa Hartford?

Craig of Newcastle United. Dont think he played in the first team for Newcastle

View attachment 64342
Didnt think it was possible that Tommy Craig would be playing for the u21s in 1977 but found a photo that he did play in that match at the Lane as one of the "overage" players. He was 26 at the time and wearing the number 10 shirt.

1573511167552.png

Didnt think it was possible that Tommy Craig would be playing for the u21s in 1977 but found a photo that he did play in that match at the Lane as one of the "overage" players. He was 26 at the time and wearing the number 10 shirt.

View attachment 64346
Is this the Tommy Craig who on Easter Monday 1971 ran up to Bob sorry John Hope, stood on the edge of his box ball in hand, going face to nipple with Hope only to be admonished with a pat on the head. Hope was never one of my favourite goalies, though initially was very good and needed for the push for promotion but that Easter Monday action put him into legend status for me.

Caption says Blades v Bolton FA Cup semi-final 1923
View attachment 64304
Tried to put this in earlier today but it wouldn't have it. Ex-players returning to watch the Blades I thought was quite a new event, not so. Look who's third from right, "Nudger", even gor'is pipe goin'. Thats Cool for yeh, linked arms wi' his mate, jostled by cops and crowd but still time for a smoke. God bet he were good wi' a ball at his feet.

Back
Top Bottom