Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The other two players are Harold Gough and Harry Johnson. Why didn't Gough wear the keeper's jersey for the photo ?

While seeking to educate my grandson about football in the good old days, I realised that he had never come across the concept of the communal post-match or post-training bath. A Google search quickly came up with a United photo I have never seen before. Times have certainly changed🤣
View attachment 180934
thats the scene from when Saturday comes innit 😂

Terrible for us total lush
Was only 31 when he signed for us, which today is only just past peak career, if that. Different times though. He'd played more than 500 times by that stage and done 50+ games in a season half a dozen times from memory. Then, of course, the drink...

Was only 31 when he signed for us, which today is only just past peak career, if that. Different times though. He'd played more than 500 times by that stage and done 50+ games in a season half a dozen times from memory. Then, of course, the drink...
John Mathews and JJ were regulars in the Stonehouse late 70s drinking then training next day

RIP

larrylloydgoal.jpg

This priceless story involving Lloyd was brought to our attention by "MBE" on the forum of the Red and White Kop. "Larry Lloyd came back to Anfield after leaving us for Nottingham Forest and he was coming in for some fearful abuse. 'Oh, Larry Larry, Larry Larry Larry Larry SHITHOUSE Lloyd' ringing round and everything. Anyway, Forest get a throw-in and the big feller comes over to take it and someone in the crowd screams at him, 'You traitor, you should have stayed at Anfield' and Lloyd looks at him and shouts, 'Piss off, dosser, you'll be emptying my dustbins tomorrow' which I thought was funny, but cruel, but the same feller comes back with, 'Yeah, right down your throat, you big-mouthed bastard!.'"
Also heard the story of him pulling a moonie in front of our Kop when he was greeted with the very same song while playing for Wigan, would be fined thousands for that these days!

He also had a short spell in charge of Notts County where after his first game a reporter pointed out that nine of his eleven players had been booked and asked his opinion on this startling fact. Lloyd simply looked straight at him and said, 'Well, I’ll have to question the commitment of the other two.’

🤣 🤣 🤣

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom