Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

XM657- do you remember the Albert Modley -Tram Driver Sketch?
Do I, not 'arf.
Seen it at the Empire, as well as several times on tele.
Funny man, most were in those days cannot stand most of the modern ones I hear on radio these days. Being a comedian is a vocation not a job.
I was nine when I saw 'Up for the Cup', thought I was in heaven. A funny film with a plot about supporting your team to Wembley in the cup, a big ambition at that time.
Time does weary one. 🙁

XM657- Yes, I saw Albert Modley at the old Empire. I also, remember, 'Up For T'Cup' but remember it as George Formby. Maybe they were both in the film.

XM657- Yes, I saw Albert Modley at the old Empire. I also, remember, 'Up For T'Cup' but remember it as George Formby. Maybe they were both in the film.
No, sorry.
It's the memory, get crossed wires, so to speak, I'm the same myself. Brains like a muscle needs exercising.
Covid hasn't helped not being able to get out and mix/chat, this Forum is a God send, helps keep our brains alert, though some may not agree, so a BIG 'Thank You' to all who work to keep it running.

No, sorry.
It's the memory, get crossed wires, so to speak, I'm the same myself. Brains like a muscle needs exercising.
Covid hasn't helped not being able to get out and mix/chat, this Forum is a God send, helps keep our brains alert, though some may not agree, so a BIG 'Thank You' to all who work to keep it running.
No, you’re right. It was Albert Modley

No, you’re right. It was Albert Modley

I didn't quite make my self clear, was saying no to George Formby being in 'Up for the Cup'
Going through some junk in the shed and came across this. Did it ever make it to a second edition? Anyone recognise any of the names?View attachment 114415View attachment 114416View attachment 114417View attachment 114418View attachment 114419View attachment 114420
Mr Blobby alus made me laugh, was his movement that got me, despite his going over the top and also fell in with our kids so a family thing also.
Who was the bloke in the suit?

Not particularly clear, but great photo of the old Kop,cricket scoreboard and pavilion.
What year and who are the opponents?
Has to be Leicester the opponents either in Nov 1966 (lost 1-0) or in Nov 1967 (0-0). The clue is the badge Leicester wore in the 1960s, They wore blue shots from 1966 to 1969. We wore white shorts in both matches

Remember it well, SB. Mick Hill played for Ipswich, he used to occasionally go in the Heeley Social club on Broadfield Road, think he took plenty of good humoured stick after that, I believe Len opened the scoring too.

We wore black shorts v Chelsea both in April 1967 and May 1968 (the only time for our home games in 1967-68 season)
was a stange one that silent white shorts all season then black for that tragic last game mind ive always thought it was the fulham home game that cost us 2 up and lost 3 - 2

We wore black shorts v Chelsea both in April 1967 and May 1968 (the only time for our home games in 1967-68 season)
Has to be Leicester the opponents either in Nov 1966 (lost 1-0) or in Nov 1967 (0-0). The clue is the badge Leicester wore in the 1960s, They wore blue shots from 1966 to 1969. We wore white shorts in both matches
Not particularly clear, but great photo of the old Kop,cricket scoreboard and pavilion.
I was sent the photos by a good friend who supports Forest, he is saying, 1966, Forest winning 2-1.

was a stange one that silent white shorts all season then black for that tragic last game mind ive always thought it was the fulham home game that cost us 2 up and lost 3 - 2
We also wore white shorts for home games between Sept 1966 and Dec 1966. Spurs brought their black shorts for a midweek league game at the Lane so the ref ordered us to wear white shorts. We won the the match and carried on playing with the "lucky" white shorts but switched back to black shorts after the 3-2 defeat to Birmingham in the League Cup quarter final. The record for home League and League Cup matches during that period were played 11, won 7, drew 2 and lost 2 (both the last two games of the period)

I was sent the photos by a good friend who supports Forest, he is saying, 1966, Forest winning 2-1.
Is your friend sure it wasnt the opening game of the 1967-68 season (Forest won 3-1) because it looks like in the photo that the spectators are in the BLUT? The first time spectators were allowed in the BLUT was in our 2-0 win against Sunderland on 15/10/1966

The corner taker looks like Bernard Shaw (number 3?) although not sure about the use of the right foot.

Is your friend sure it wasnt the opening game of the 1967-68 season (Forest won 3-1) because it looks like in the photo that the spectators are in the BLUT? The first time spectators were allowed in the BLUT was in our 2-0 win against Sunderland on 15/10/1966
yes we lost to forest 3 - 1 first game 1967 remember being in the ground at 1.30 that day lol then once the pre match drinking era started it was usually 2.50 🍺🍺

yes we lost to forest 3 - 1 first game 1967 remember being in the ground at 1.30 that day lol then once the pre match drinking era started it was usually 2.50 🍺🍺
ps pretty sure that was the last game we stood lower down behind the goal the derby against wednesday everybody congregated right at the top of the kop for the first time and stayed up there till 92

I’ll check it doesn’t look like an August day though.

I’ll check it doesn’t look like an August day though.
A dull day at Goodison Park too on the same day as we lost 3-1 to Forest on 19th August 1967. The BLUT wasnt open to spectators until October 1966 so I dont think the photos were the 2-1 defeat in August 1966

A dull day at Goodison Park too on the same day as we lost 3-1 to Forest on 19th August 1967. The BLUT wasnt open to spectators until October 1966 so I dont think the photos were the 2-1 defeat in August 1966

did mick jones get our only goal that day silent with a header think we were 2 down at half time mind forest had a very good side at that time

Back
Top Bottom