Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I saw him play at the Lane in 1955, and live on TV in international matches and the Cup Final when live games on tv were a treat. I absolutely idolised him, and was really upset by his death (I was 10 at the time). If you search ‘Duncan Edwards’ and put in my name, you should be able to find several posts about him; if you have problems, let me know - I always enjoy repeating myself on a topic like this. Especially if someone actually wants to listen!
Found some things on the internet. Very interesting and sounds like my dad was pretty much right about him. How times have changed : getting fined two weeks pay for riding his push bike without lights😅. Thanks

Dearden, Eddy, Woody, Eddie Coquhoun, Ted?
Yes, Colquhoun had just scored a rare goal from his foot. March 1975. We were awarded an indirect free kick inside the box. All Wolves players stood on the goal line. The free kick was rolled to Woody who blasted it against the wall and Colquhoun was the first to get the rebound and he hit it to the roof of the net. Wolves players are Munro, Bailey, Parkes and McAlle (who joined us 6 years later)

Yes, Colquhoun had just scored a rare goal from his foot. March 1975. We were awarded an indirect free kick inside the box. All Wolves players stood on the goal line. The free kick was rolled to Woody who blasted it against the wall and Colquhoun was the first to get the rebound and he hit it to the roof of the net. Wolves players are Munro, Bailey, Parkes and McAlle (who joined us 6 years later)
I remember this so well. I had never seen anything like it, with all the Wolves players lining up on the goal line. I reran the goal over and over in my mind for weeks afterwards.

I remember this so well. I had never seen anything like it, with all the Wolves players lining up on the goal line. I reran the goal over and over in my mind for weeks afterwards.
It was the same against Forest (h) in December 1971 but Woody's shot went through the Forest wall after the indirect free kick was rolled to him

Found this photo which brings two questions for myself.
ONE, the white building above the railway engine, described as a train at source :rolleyes: , I read as "Swanville Inn". Am I correct and any info welcome, cannot find it in PubOEC book. Over to you 'Sean Thornton' as you've shown to have detailed knowledge of the area in the past. Thank you.
TWO, knowing there are steam engine enthusiasts on here, am I reading the engines name as "Cape Coral", correctly. Thank You also.LMS Midland Station early 60's showing  Park Hll Flats under construction with more old housin...jpg

ONE, the white building above the railway engine, described as a train at source :rolleyes: , I read as "Swanville Inn". Am I correct and any info welcome, cannot find it in PubOEC book. Over to you 'Sean Thornton' as you've shown to have detailed knowledge of the area in the past. Thank you.
TWO, knowing there are steam engine enthusiasts on here, am I reading the engines name as "Cape Coral", correctly. Thank You also.View attachment 110691
Is it Swanville or Granville?

TWO, knowing there are steam engine enthusiasts on here, am I reading the engines name as "Cape Coral", correctly. Thank You also.View attachment 110691

Granville Inn, long before my time.

The name of the locomotive is Lady Godiva.
Patriot class - they weren't often seen in Sheffield. This one was withdrawn in 1962.

Top row: Charlie Field (reserve),Fred Priest, Harry Thickett, George Hedley, Ernest Needham.
Middle row; Jack Houseley (Trainer), Jack Almond, Peter Boyle,Harry Johnson, Billy Beer.
Bottom row; George Waller (trainer), Walter Bennett, a director, Tom Morren, Willie Foulke.

The 1899 Cup winners
Where's Mr Priest?

Is it Swanville or Granville?
It's the Granville Inn on Granville Street

View attachment 110696
The name of the locomotive is Lady Godiva.
Patriot class - they weren't often seen in Sheffield. This one was withdrawn in 1962.
Thank you all.
Ref. the pub , its so easy when told, bad day at black rock for me today. Never twigged the Granville connection, dozy sod am I. The bullnose corner is visible on the station photo also.
The steam locomotive, would never have got that. She was very near the end of her time then, helps to date the photo nicely. God! she just oozes power even stood still.
Thanks again :)

A great photo Silent Blade. is that against Southampton looks like mick Channon. or is it Wolves. ?.

Thought I got it wrong Silent Blade thanks for correcting me.I was living in Sydney Australia then. so i have never seen the photo before.
What a fantastic photo of The Blades at Everton. August 1971.Colquhoun, Hockey Currie Salmons ?.Kendall - Everton.Departed on the midnight t.rain to London Sunday. then another train to Southampton docks. departed at 8 pm on a ship called The Elinis to Sydney.i found out that we beat Arsenal 1-0 at Highbury in the Atlantic ocean.on our way to Cape Town.

Back
Top Bottom