Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

that real madrid side including di stefano and gento were absolutely brilliant never forget as a lad watching them demolish eintracht frankfurt at hampden in european cup final 7 - 3 in front of 134k scots
Just remember seeing the last few minutes of the game as I had been to cricket practice.
Why I remember was ,when I got in my grandfather said "come and sit down and watch this match its marvellous".
He had really been enthralled by the football played by Madrid, loving his football and being a pretty shrewd judge of what was good.

Still is. Although perhaps not as much. I remember TC lived there , Ted Hemsley I think, John Hope was always around. Nice place.
TC lived on the Gosforth Valley at that time. Is that Dronfield or Dronfield Woodhouse?

roger kirkpatrick the ref ? got chucked out of boys queue by a copper on john st trying to get in kop been there half an hour anall mind was 19 lol ended up getting in top of shoreham st and ending up round by cricket pitch
Nice story young'un, I finished up on't Kop cricket side about 20 yards away from the roof. Being a terrace man wasn't best pleased but what a great afternoon it was.

TC lived on the Gosforth Valley at that time. Is that Dronfield or Dronfield Woodhouse?
I know someone who lived on that estate and they said they were in Dronny Woodhouse. That development does connect all the way down to Dronfield though, so I don't know if the lower end is Dronfield🤔

Nice story young'un, I finished up on't Kop cricket side about 20 yards away from the roof. Being a terrace man wasn't best pleased but what a great afternoon it was.
me and me mate were further round than that pitch seemed miles away bit different from the cardiff game a few days before watched from one of gangways on kop absolutely rammed

I know someone who lived on that estate and they said they were in Dronny Woodhouse. That development does connect all the way down to Dronfield though, so I don't know if the lower end is Dronfield🤔
Excellent point. TC lived nearer DW, I was working on there at the time.
Radders give us the low down on the mug in your avatar, looks interesting, maybe some age to it. Thank You.

Would the other board have any thing to do with white or even blue stripes, or even a combination of the two cos mi thinks that would fit in with what your saying. Wonder, did the word 'delusional' come to mind when reading the previous board, If so I'm sorry to tell you your "flogging a dead horse", get no sense there.

No, Viewpoints, one of ours I’m afraid 😟

me and me mate were further round than that pitch seemed miles away bit different from the cardiff game a few days before watched from one of gangways on kop absolutely rammed
Around 4000 more at the Cardiff match, managed to get on the terrace that night maybe went straight from work.
Days when you worked till six, couple of pints, match, then home, meal kept warm between two plates sat on saucepan, on low light.
Now that were a night, Bloody Wonderful.

Excellent point. TC lived nearer DW, I was working on there at the time.
Radders give us the low down on the mug in your avatar, looks interesting, maybe some age to it. Thank You.
Well spotted. It's about 65 years old. My late uncle, also a lifelong blade, gave it to me for my birthday when I was about 4. It lost its handle at one stage but I glued it back on with Araldite. I don't use it because it would never survive the dishwasher, but it has pride of place on my shelf.

Been some great games At Bramall Lane. for me the 5-1 victory over Cardiff 27/04/1971 the best ever.
The atmosphere was electric.
yes it was and the tension before kick off was unbelievable and even more so when cardiff pulled one back to make it 2 - 1 the relief and euphoria when we got the 3rd goal was also unbelievable great night

Around 4000 more at the Cardiff match, managed to get on the terrace that night maybe went straight from work.
Days when you worked till six, couple of pints, match, then home, meal kept warm between two plates sat on saucepan, on low light.
Now that were a night, Bloody Wonderful.
With dry gravy.🥴

Photo isnt at Bramall Lane
Yes, you’re right, it’s getting difficult to remember some of the grounds now before they were redeveloped or closed but that could be either Watford or Oxford I suppose.
The Big Match Revisited is my go to for nostalgia regarding how football used to feel and what the old grounds looked like.

Its towards D Woodhouse, GV stretches a long way , TC lived at the end close to Hilltop as i remember. Used to go in the Hyde Park Inn a bit.

Back
Top Bottom