Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well Silent, I've never been the most stylish or handsome of people, but that photo looks like something out of Royston Vasey! And I live in Barnsley now, and have for a number of years (posh Barnsley, but still Barnsley, which so many people like to take the piss out of, even if they've never set foot in the place!!). Looking at the photo again I suppose it's about the time and the "style"!!
In some ways it was a nice place to grow up a kid, but I found it stultifying when I got older. I grew out of it and went away to Poly in a big city. When we moved a few years ago from Intake, we did have a look at some places there, but I couldn't have lived there. I had some "ghosts" there which are now laid to rest, and if I lived there they wouldn't be. I live between Barnsley and Penistone now and luv it!

Well Silent, I've never been the most stylish or handsome of people, but that photo looks like something out of Royston Vasey! And I live in Barnsley now, and have for a number of years (posh Barnsley, but still Barnsley, which so many people like to take the piss out of, even if they've never set foot in the place!!). Looking at the photo again I suppose it's about the time and the "style"!!
In some ways it was a nice place to grow up a kid, but I found it stultifying when I got older. I grew out of it and went away to Poly in a big city. When we moved a few years ago from Intake, we did have a look at some places there, but I couldn't have lived there. I had some "ghosts" there which are now laid to rest, and if I lived there they wouldn't be. I live between Barnsley and Penistone now and luv it!
Dronfield is still a nice place to live in

I used to work on the Demolition Programme for the Council. This was taken around 2004 from the Cholera monument and it's the first of the three Claywood blocks being demolished. The machine was amazing, it looked like a dinosaur eating the building! When I look at the picture, the two people sat on the bench appear completely oblivious that the demolition work is going on.

View from monument.jpg

You recognise him? Photo taken in 1968
Thought every blade, of a certain age, would.
If you were a midfielder in the 70's I'm sure you would recognise him.
Trigger knows, the Blade, not the horse(one for the old'uns there) or the OFAH character.

Thought every blade, of a certain age, would.
If you were a midfielder in the 70's I'm sure you would recognise him.
Trigger knows, the Blade, not the horse(one for the old'uns there) or the OFAH character.

Funnily enough XM657, I arrived at the Trigger name on a previous board as a joke, to mock the stupidity regularly posted there, based on the Peckham roadsweeper’s persona. The name has stuck, probably 20 years now. Mind you, I found it quite difficult to mimic the genuine idiocy displayed at times and that’s still the case, even today 🙂

Funnily enough XM657, I arrived at the Trigger name on a previous board as a joke, to mock the stupidity regularly posted there, based on the Peckham roadsweeper’s persona. The name has stuck, probably 20 years now. Mind you, I found it quite difficult to mimic the genuine idiocy displayed at times and that’s still the case, even today 🙂
Would the other board have any thing to do with white or even blue stripes, or even a combination of the two cos mi thinks that would fit in with what your saying. Wonder, did the word 'delusional' come to mind when reading the previous board, If so I'm sorry to tell you your "flogging a dead horse", get no sense there.

Back
Top Bottom