Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Eden Street, but these two pictures are up for the motors...get naming themView attachment 79683
Second one on the left a Vauxhall Victor and second on the right a Ford Corsair?
View attachment 79685
I'll take the easy one here the third one down an Austin Mini?

Am only 28 so I can't be expected to know many of these as they're a couple of generations before my time 😎

Second photo.
A35, Moggie 1000, Mini, ?, Consul/Zephyr6, Prefect, Standard8/10 ? Austin 1100, ?, ?, MK2 Jag.

First photo.
Anglia van, Consul, Vauxhall Cresta, ?, ?, Mini Traveller, Consul, 2x Moggie 1000, MK1 Cortina, Humber Sceptre.

Excellent city centre pictures as per. SEB. and what memories. I would like, if possible, to know which year the Lyceum/City library picture is please, as it may have some significance to me. Thank you in advance.
PS the Boots Chemist one recalls trips to town with my mother, 1946-51'ish. Boots, Coles and to Davys for amongst other groceries, two Chocolate Eclairs which we at when arriving home.
Bought my first ever condoms here....

You didn't buy them in 1935 which is when that photo was taken

Excellent city centre pictures as per. SEB. and what memories. I would like, if possible, to know which year the Lyceum/City library picture is please, as it may have some significance to me. Thank you in advance.
PS the Boots Chemist one recalls trips to town with my mother, 1946-51'ish. Boots, Coles and to Davys for amongst other groceries, two Chocolate Eclairs which we at when arriving home.

The Lyceum photo was taken in 1963

Eden Street, but these two pictures are up for the motors...get naming themView attachment 79683
View attachment 79685
1st picture on the right we have a couple of corkers. The first one is a Humber Sceptre Mk2, 2nd is a Consul Cortina it changed to Cortina only in 1964. This one is pre 64. Next is A30, Morris Minor, Morris Mini-Minor, dunno, Zodiac, Prefect, Standard Vanguard, Morris 1100, another 1100, Merc and then a Mk2 Jag.

Left hand side Thames 307E, Ford Consul, Victor FC, and then a Minx and then an A40.

Possibly.

The Lyceum photo was taken in 1963
Thank you. My reason for asking is that an associate and I put copings on the high wall to the left and below the dome some time between 1970 and 76. Bloody high when stood in the guttering and the parapet wall is just above your ankles. The wall it's self was bowed by at least 4-6 inches over about 10-12 yards.
The theatre was very run down internally and externally, if memory serves me it was being used for local bands of the day. No seating in the stalls, didn't go on balcony or gods so no memory of that. Job and off, wish I had took the time to have a good look round. Went on the stage to get to where we needed to be, reight slope on it, I was very surprised how steep it was. The wall we worked on was where the scenery is lifted when not in use, think it's called the flys.

1st picture on the right we have a couple of corkers. The first one is a Humber Sceptre Mk2, 2nd is a Consul Cortina it changed to Cortina only in 1964. This one is pre 64. Next is A30, Morris Minor, Morris Mini-Minor, dunno, Zodiac, Prefect, Standard Vanguard, Morris 1100, another 1100, Merc and then a Mk2 Jag.

Left hand side Thames 307E, Ford Consul, Victor FC, and then a Minx and then an A40.

Possibly.
I believe your dunno is a Ford V8 Pilot.

Strong feeling this is not Sheffield. Sheffield's castle was at the confluence of Don and Sheaf, not on a hill. Could be anywhere where there was/is a castle on a hill.
Lincoln has a Castle Hill market, very popular at Christmas

Anyone any idea where exactly this Is? I'm struggling to identify the road

View attachment 79692
Few links that confirm there was a Castle Hill Market in Sheffield

Back
Top Bottom