Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yes, the same Don Givens.

TC missed the next two games after his debut against Spurs. The first one was at Leicester because he got married on the day (Mick Hill took his shirt), at West Ham Phil Cliff took Paddy Buckley's place.
TC must have looked a mess on his wedding day if Mick Hill had pinched his shirt...

Remember going to Villa Park when he was converted from Centre Forward to Centre Half. score 0 - 0. Think he used to live on the Wybourn.
Wrong way, CH to CF.

Request HBT, please post the rest of Lines from the Pavilion, from the December 25 1954. In particular with ref. to the 7-2 victory in 1952, at the moment you only show to half time.
Reason for request, first match attended without supervision and with about 5 or 6 other class mates. A grateful thank you in advance
I attach the full 'Lines'. Let me know if you can't read the key bits. Do ask if you have any other requests - I always enjoy reading the bits and pieces. A couple of things from this:
1. The quiz was brutally difficult.
2. Fred Furniss scoring a penalty allows me to tell (again) an anecdote - ignore it if you have seen it before. Many years after his retirement (around 1970) the team I played for drew in a cup competition the team he played for (was Ecclesfield, perhaps Red Rose), a team several leagues above us. We were
4-0 down, a few minutes to go, and they won a penalty. Fred had not ventured over the half-way line all game, to my disappointment, but as he came to take the penalty, I knew my moment had come. As a goalie, sometimes you just know nothing is going to get past you, and that was one of those moments. My confidence grew as he walked up to the ball ... And then I heard the ball hit the back of the net. I was just glad he hadn't hit it straight at me - that would have been the end of my 'career'. That was one of those moments that I realised the gulf between professional footballers and people like me!
32686402-5820-49E2-A5D7-4E55263CA916.jpeg6F1FE41E-DE09-45E2-BAAE-16DB011E9FD4.jpeg

Excellent city centre pictures as per. SEB. and what memories. I would like, if possible, to know which year the Lyceum/City library picture is please, as it may have some significance to me. Thank you in advance.
PS the Boots Chemist one recalls trips to town with my mother, 1946-51'ish. Boots, Coles and to Davys for amongst other groceries, two Chocolate Eclairs which we at when arriving home.

Back
Top Bottom