Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think the roundabout was built after 1964?
View attachment 79409

I think you're right. The first photo showing the dual carriageway from Norton still had the traffic light system. The Sheffield Transport Department Sports ground deeds may have some information as I'm sure there was probably a corner of that plot removed in order to take the extra lanes / traffic.

He did play in a few reserves games in February 1968. On March 9th the first team were playing in the FA Cup 5th round at West Ham and TC was cup tied so he played for our reserves

So did Phil Cliff replace TC for that match at West Ham?

Just look who's at number 11 for Man Utd. Givens.

Could this be the same Givens who was to play an important part in our history 13 years later?

3 references to your grandfather in the programme notes, from reserves to first team. He clearly was highly regarded as a promising youngster, had good players ahead of him in the first team, and was adaptable in playing different positions to get into the teams. He played inside-right, inside-left, and left-wing in the programmes I have. The comments are positive.
View attachment 79339View attachment 79340View attachment 79341View attachment 79342View attachment 79343View attachment 79344
Request HBT, please post the rest of Lines from the Pavilion, from the December 25 1954. In particular with ref. to the 7-2 victory in 1952, at the moment you only show to half time.
Reason for request, first match attended without supervision and with about 5 or 6 other class mates. A grateful thank you in advance

Could this be the same Givens who was to play an important part in our history 13 years later?
John Connoughton in goal had a stint with us, also Blades in blue shorts, misprint surely

Off the top of my head, yes Phil Cliff did and didn't he score both goals in a 0-2 victory?

Silent Blade said:
What year was the roundabout made? Here is another photo (from Dronfield to Sheffield

Brocklehurst's car showroom. A Rootes Group franchise, my Dad took me to see the brand new Hillman Avenger there when it was 1st launched.

One of my earliest memories is going there when my Dad bought a new blue Simca Estate from Brocklehursts. It would be at the end of the 60's. Car was rubbish, always breaking down!

Last edited:
Fuck me I had my first season ticket when I was ten ( I got my Christmas present in August) and it was a 3/4 years before this photo and today who would allow a ten year old to go the Lane on their own on the 52 bus as I did but where have all those years gone?
Same experience as a 10 year old, so please tell me what year the photo was? Thank you in advance

Yes, the same Don Givens.

TC missed the next two games after his debut against Spurs. The first one was at Leicester because he got married on the day (Mick Hill took his shirt), at West Ham Phil Cliff took Paddy Buckley's place.

Back
Top Bottom