Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This was taken by me in late autumn 1969. Great view of my home at the time. View attachment 75400
About a year after Arundel Gate was completed. During the 1960s I often went with my mum by bus to see my grandmother at Hartley Brook Road. We would get off at Pond street and then walk to Bridge Street to catch the bus to Shiregreen. I remember the day being confused when we went up the escalator from the bus station to Arundel Gate and using the subways for the first time. Am trying to remember the previous walking route from Pond Street to Bridge Street. Will ask my mum by Facetime this afternoon.

Told this one before but a few years ago, we were in the market for a new patio. Mrs Trig arranged for some quotes, including one from Mark Patterson Landscapes. I did wonder if it might be him, but thought it was unlikely.

Anyway, it was and his price was substantially lower than any of the other quotes and we decided he probably wouldn’t be any good. I slightly regret that now, I’ve seen pictures of his work and it looks good, plus I missed the chance to bore him to death about Sheffield United for several days.

Met him in Benidorm on a trip with the lads about 4 years ago , sound lad but I think he’d fell on hard times as he was back home at his mothers

Think he said he was assistant manager at a Northern Prem League side in North West ? Memory fails me and I’d had a fair few 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺 myself

First legal pint was in this establishment. I laughed when the barmaid asked my age and was proud to reply eighteen. On the down side having a drink wasn't a risky enterprise any more and took the edge off it for a while.
Amazing, I too went in there on my 18th, had a pint of Double Dog and suddenly felt windswept and mature

Sheffield Wednesday F.C. were not formed until 1929 . Has a pig coloured in the original black and white photo,if it seems they have always been liars and brainwashers of their little piglets.
Here is the photo from Keith Farnsworth
Sheffield Wednesday F.C. were not formed until 1929 . Has a pig coloured in the original black and white photo,if it seems they have always been liars and brainwashers of their little piglets.
Here is the photo from Keith Farnsworth's book20200331_140504.jpg

There’s something of a family likeness between Robert Fleck and his nephew.

It’s that look of steely aggression that says they’d much rather fight you than make small talk :)

Edit: Some more pics have appeared since I did this, I’m talking about the one with Paul Beesley and the Norwich player....

There’s something of a family likeness between Robert Fleck and his nephew.

It’s that look of steely aggression that says they’d much rather fight you than make small talk :)

Edit: Some more pics have appeared since I did this, I’m talking about the one with Paul Beesley and the Norwich player....

The Fleck family are "well known" in Glasgow.........

This was a good night out for me and the mates in the 70's. Worked nearby so that helped.

If he was born in Whitwell and played for Worksop Boys, wouldn't he have come from over that way originally? I was curious as I remember a Gary France went to silverdale or high storrs but would have been younger than the one who played for us.
Iwas at school with him,Staveley Netherthorpe Grammar School.

Back
Top Bottom