Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

image.jpg

I never knew we had that little stand where the clock is 😯

Was the press box. It had a windowed front where the roof was then the open section at the front, seems they took the windows out temp. allowing for the national press to follow Norwich's cup progress.

What year was that game? If you know of course.

Press box photos over the years, mainly 50's

Attachments

• 1911 June 22-14 Archibold Leech Stand John St (2).jpg
    1911 June 22-14 Archibold Leech Stand John St (2).jpg
    38 KB · Views: 15
  • 1950's Ted Burgin gathers the ball.jpg
    1950's Ted Burgin gathers the ball.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 1952-sheff_utd_v_newport co_fac_w2-0-12 Jan 1952 LtoR McLafferty M Shaw J Burgin E  unknown La...jpg
    1952-sheff_utd_v_newport co_fac_w2-0-12 Jan 1952 LtoR McLafferty M Shaw J Burgin E unknown La...jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 1953-54 Feb 27 H V Middlesbrough D 2-2 HT1-0 McNab Cross- JH back post foreground (3).jpg
    1953-54 Feb 27 H V Middlesbrough D 2-2 HT1-0 McNab Cross- JH back post foreground (3).jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 17

When the present John Street stand was built I remember reading that they made that triangular bit on the roof to represent the old press box that used to be there.
Presumably they were thinking of the wartime one as in XM657's post.

6th R FAC March 28 '59 drew1-1 after leading 1-0 at HT. Lost replay 3-2. Getting back to Press Box looking at this photo it's obvious it was original till WW2, only changing after the war ended.View attachment 57002

That does seem a bit grand for a football stadium press box to me. Saying that,I have no idea what the norm would have been in that era. Was ours unique and would it have been used for the cricket, hence why it presumably looks a bit bigger and more spacious if you're going to be stuck in it all day ?

Back
Top Bottom