Official Hawkeye reason given

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The best bit was when the Sky commentator observed that “Sheffield United have been denied a goal they should have had because of a technical failure ... but they’ve also had a few encouraging moments” 😆

Obvs, they‘d say exactly the same if it had happened to Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, Tottenham, Leeds, etc.

Not.

Hilarious. 😂

Last edited:

What an excuse, I wonder who thought that one up! that 2 points could be the difference between Europe or not and all the £millions that entails 😡

I'm amazed Hawk-eye hasn't failed more if they're giving the reason that a goal keeper, a defender and the goal post got in the way, who'd have thought that they'd be a goal keeper in his goal, a defender nearby and the goal post! Makes me think we need a ref stood just behind the goal if its going to fail as badly as that. Or, as others have said, it just wasn't on and this is the excuse. Very odd.

Its bollocks anyway the overhead angle was not obscured

He was the Ref at Middlesboro,when he spotted some part of JOC's anatomy was offside,like a knats bollock,goal cancelled...........i think thats reyt,but mi heads buzzin ATM.

I remember now. Was this the only game that season we wore the purple away kit?

The ball was so over the line it was in Bournemouth getting fish and chips.

So what would have happened if Villa had gone down the pitch immediately afterwards and scored a net buster ? He would have had to disallow that if his watch didn`t get a signal.

So your photo clearly shows the ball over the line with no clear obstruction to the camera that took that particular photo .......... but the 7 official Hawkeye cameras couldn’t for the first time in 9,000 matches.

You just couldn’t make it up ?!
🤬🤬🤬
‘SOMEONE DID MAKE IT UP’ Cos it’s bull shit!

The best bit was when the Sky commentator observed that “Sheffield United have been denied a goal they should have had because of a technical failure ... but they’ve also had a few encouraging moments” 😆

What pisses me off is the Sky peeps still referring to it as 'appearing to be over the line'. I don't think I heard any of them say 'it should have been given'. Maybe 'a disallowed goal that many will think should have been given'.

It's as clear as Saddam's lack of WMD. It was a goal, Hawkeye wasn't switched on. Hawkeye appear* to be lying in their statement.

*Don't want Foxy and Linz getting sued.

We apologise that will make up for it of we miss out on Europe by 1 point or if villa stay up by 1 point what a joke

I only have one question:

Is it too late to right a wrong?

If so, what is the future of football without fans and fairness?

Makes you wonder if the powers that be in the cricket might have a word with the Hawkeye people. There are multiple decisions per game based on this shit.

Ok, so the technology wasn't working, I get that, and appreciate the apology, even though I wanted to set Michael Oliver on fire at half time the blind cunt.
But the big question is what the fuck happened to VAR, that was an easy decision to correct.
Toe nail offside no goal, ball over the line, not interested.

Bringing the game into disrepute is an offence the the PGMOL should be charged with
Michael Oliver is a good ref
The twats who employ him should hang their heads in shame

From my settee and Sky Main event it was behind the goal post. C'est la vie.....😎 HD coverage and don't wear glasses.

Not in the Premier leagues interest to have United in the top 4. Got to make sure Manure etc finish there.

I only have one question:

Is it too late to right a wrong?

If so, what is the future of football without fans and fairness?

When a goal hasn't been given in the past because GLT and VAR weren't present, an apology is a fair outcome.

When a goal hasn't been given because GLT and VAR have BOTH failed, an apology isn't anywhere near good enough.

Precedent has apparently been set tonight in terms of failure of technology. So set another precedent and award the goal, and thus the three points.

So if the technology is flawed they will be suspending Hawkeye for further review and investigation and not used for the Man City match .......... right ?

I bet Hawkeye were praying for us to win that match. If I worked for them I’d definitely be thinking about sending my CV out! This could ruin them, their technology is pointless if it’s not 100%.

I’m just hoping this will galvanise us as a squad like the 3-3 at Villa Park disappointment last season.

Had it been Man U or Man City, VAR would have been all over it. It was clear and obvious and they didn’t have the hand of accountability on them at Stockley Park. Official questions have to be asked! I can accept that Hawkeye didn’t see it with the keepers gloves wrapped around the ball. However we have to consider bias in the decisions made by human beings. Answers from VAR as well as Hawkeye are required.

Back
Top Bottom