Official Hawkeye reason given

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don’t think Liverpools statement mentions legal options.

Blame Jim White on Talksport this morning, he was chatting to Simon Jordan for about 10 minutes about VAR and Liverpool.

I was busy doing something but heard them say Liverpool have released a statement.
Then Jim White was talking about compensation claim if Liverpool miss out on Europe by 1 point
Then he was asking if the match should be replayed and Liverpool will be looking at their legal options about their next step.

I'm smiling because I've fallen for the Jim White tactic of trying to make a story and create controversy out of very little.

Note: Just looked back for the statement and it said

"there needs to be a review with full transparency" and added they will "explore the range of options available given the clear need for escalation and resolution"
Also today it says on the BBC site that Liverpool have asked for the audio recording in the VAR office regards that incident.

So maybe they are thinking about a legal challenge, compensation or a replay. As I said it seems very strange that Liverpool have submitted an appeal regards the red card for Jones, when VAR still photos and replays clearly shows why it was considered a red card. Maybe Liverpool will argue VAR evidence can't be used as they have factual prove that it can make errors and is there unreliable as evidence.

Last edited:
As we found out, the Laws state that the referees decision on points of fact are final. No matter how bad the decision. Remember the delightful Stuart Atwell awarding a Reading goal even though the ball went wide of the net and should have been a corner. That one finished 2-2.

Blame Jim White on Talksport this morning.
I was busy doing something but heard them say Liverpool have released a statement.
Then Jim White was talking about compensation claim if Liverpool miss out on Europe by 1 point
Then he was asking if the match should be replayed and Liverpool will be looking at their legal options about their next step.

I'm smiling because I've fallen for the Jim White tactic of trying to make a story and create controversy out of very little.

It’s all over the media and Jim White didn’t post it on here.

Typical int it for the only time ever we scored the referee watch did not ring to confirm the ball was over the line at Villa Park. not much was said because it was the unfashionable Sheffield United so they don't count. because it was a high-profile game at Spurs Stadium they are talking about a replay.

Back
Top Bottom