Norwood

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I completely agree, Welbeck hasn't ever hit double figures in his career, and he's 30 years old.

Brewster is a signing I think will turn out well, Burke will have a career worse than Welbeck imo, guy doesn't score goals.

McBurnie or Mousett and probably Brewster are capable of 20 plus if they get the ammunition.

That's the problem, we never buy anybody that provides the ammunition, even at our best last season we created next to nothing, it was a good season because we gave nothing away, not because of our scintillating attacking play.

We're like a formula 1 racing team run by Jeremy Clarkson, he'd think the solution to the problem is to blow the budget on more power at the expense of the steering, braking and suspension. The creative aspects that enables the power to be put down on the track.

If Aguerro, Cole, Shearer, Wright, Van Nistelrooy scored 25 goals in a season it's because they had 100 chances created for them.

Our strikers getting five or six goals is reflected by the 20 chances created for them, so it's difficult to say how good or bad they are.
yes would agree with you even goldie and sharpy might be capable of 10 apiece in the championship but weve got to get at least 2 creative midfielders in this summer and if chris still wants 3 at the back its got to be 3412 or 343

That's true for the last three windows, but "never" is a stretch. For the three seasons before that, Billy Sharp scored bags full and we had probably the most creative midfielder I've ever seen at the Lane.
I think that instead of signing Brewster, we should have recruited a "no.10" to play the role currently carried out by McGoldrick. I can't imagine we'd score any less with a lone striker and a creative no.10 dropping deeper to bridge the gap between the flat midfield 3 and attack. Even in the Champ, Didzy would often drop deeper leaving Sharp up top.

I think that instead of signing Brewster, we should have recruited a "no.10" to play the role currently carried out by McGoldrick. I can't imagine we'd score any less with a lone striker and a creative no.10 dropping deeper to bridge the gap between the flat midfield 3 and attack. Even in the Champ, Didzy would often drop deeper leaving Sharp up top.

I think so too. Either alongside a striker or behind two strikers, a number 10 is imperative for the system to work. Name another team in the history of football that has played without any attacking midfielders or wingers.

I completely agree, Welbeck hasn't ever hit double figures in his career, and he's 30 years old.

Brewster is a signing I think will turn out well, Burke will have a career worse than Welbeck imo, guy doesn't score goals.
I have to agree with you mate,I don't want to but we really have to be realistic.The only way we can compete with those in the prem is to grow our own and by the sounds of the noises coming from Shirecliffe we have some fabulous youngsters coming through BUT in the past those who have gone before have been sold off so if this continues we will always be strugglers in the prem.
Also i agree with your views on Burke he looks great until he sees the net and then goes to pot and by what other fans have said about him he has always had this problem which is a shame .I really hopes he proves us wrong I really do but I can not see it happening.There is something not right in his head that gives him the jitters when he strikes and i do not mean to be offensive when i say that but it is a mind thing in my view and not his ability.

I have to agree with you mate,I don't want to but we really have to be realistic.The only way we can compete with those in the prem is to grow our own and by the sounds of the noises coming from Shirecliffe we have some fabulous youngsters coming through BUT in the past those who have gone before have been sold off so if this continues we will always be strugglers in the prem.
Also i agree with your views on Burke he looks great until he sees the net and then goes to pot and by what other fans have said about him he has always had this problem which is a shame .I really hopes he proves us wrong I really do but I can not see it happening.There is something not right in his head that gives him the jitters when he strikes and i do not mean to be offensive when i say that but it is a mind thing in my view and not his ability.
these views on burke are correct re. the premier league but the championship is so inferior and he wont be playing against international defenders week in week out having said that for me hes a winger and would excel even more in a basic 442 formation

A lot of comments about current players who aren’t good enough for the PL tearing up the Championship....I pray for the love of god, despite how good they have been in the past, that we don’t stick with players like Norwood, Fleck, Stevens etc in Champ. I have no doubt they would do a job but if not PL quality then we can’t waste what would effectively be 2 seasons. Plus many promoted teams have drastically changed squad over a single summer TW and lived to regret it. We have to plan for the PL now and I personally would far rather spend another season or two in the Champ building a core squad in the end capable of plying its trade in the PL.

A lot of comments about current players who aren’t good enough for the PL tearing up the Championship....I pray for the love of god, despite how good they have been in the past, that we don’t stick with players like Norwood, Fleck, Stevens etc in Champ. I have no doubt they would do a job but if not PL quality then we can’t waste what would effectively be 2 seasons. Plus many promoted teams have drastically changed squad over a single summer TW and lived to regret it. We have to plan for the PL now and I personally would far rather spend another season or two in the Champ building a core squad in the end capable of plying its trade in the PL.
I know it’s 18 months ago and a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then, but players like Stevens were on fire at the end of our last championship season.

I do kind of agree though that it probably is time for a refresh of the old guard - even though I also think with players of Norwood fleck and Stevens ability combined with the attacking threat that our strike force would offer, we’d have a decent shout of promotion again next year

i get your point and despite being very confident about next season ive never thought we would tear the championship apart but do think your being a bit harsh on some of the old guard who with 3 or 4 good additions i think have a great chance of being in the top 6 next season the championship is so much weaker in quality than the premier league im event confident mcburnie will get 15 plus and ive never rated the guy lol utb fto

i get your point and despite being very confident about next season ive never thought we would tear the championship apart but do think your being a bit harsh on some of the old guard who with 3 or 4 good additions i think have a great chance of being in the top 6 next season the championship is so much weaker in quality than the premier league im event confident mcburnie will get 15 plus and ive never rated the guy lol utb fto
Take one look at the Norwich. Defensively much weaker than last season, and with a Skegness donkey [Hugil] leading the line, but they’re still 10 points clear of 3rd. I think with a few tweaks next season, namely RND coming in for Enda [that’s not to write Enda off, it’s to add more youthfulness, pace and dynamism down the left hand side. Watch his 80yd sprint and cross for Stoke’s 1st goal at Toytown]. I still see Fleck & Bash being consistently top drawer again in the Chamionship. Ramsdale and Brewster will gain more from taking one step back, similar to Solanke at Bournemouth. I think Egan stays, because his age and lack of pace are big Premier League flaws against him. Our £40m wage bill will be halved due to relegation clauses, but to offset the deficit even more, we’ll probably have to sacrifice losing Baldock to Burnley/Crystal Palace, or one of the promoted teams to cover the gap [In Bogle, have a younger, ready made replacement]. If Swansea come up, they could come back in for Mcburnie? I‘m very hopeful we get a shit or bust season out of JoC. Same with Berge. So IMO, we’ve got a much better team & bench [Norwood, Sharp, Burke, Freeman, Stevens, Mouss] than when we left that league, with far too much money for at least 19 clubs in that league to compete for players in the transfer market against us. Add in 2 Premier League loans to the mix as well [midfielders?]. Last, but not least, our biggest asset, CWAK, who the last time we were there, got us out of the Championship by spending less money than the price of a packet of broken biscuits & a tray of welks from the castle market.

So forum about Norwood but instead we're talking about everything but Norwood? Ok then...

"And Norwoooooood, with his fuckin piiiiing."

Classic 🤭

Fantastic clearance late on in the game, quickest i’ve seen him shift all season

Fantastic clearance late on in the game, quickest i’ve seen him shift all season
Like pommpey and others are saying, when we go to 4 in midfield and he has another pivot alongside him, he looks totally class.

A) he gets more time and space on the ball, and
B) he can reserve his energy and not be too knackered to make tackles and blocks when needed.

Thought he had a very decent game tonight

Slated him a lot recently and I do think he is on the decline, but he had a great game last night. That clearance at the end was fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom