Norwood

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mark’s out of ten for Norwood this season?
He’d be lucky to get 1, has he been our worst player? Must be between him, Stevens and Jack Robinson

So incompetent at PL level. He's surely cost us a bare minimum of 3/4 PTS, I'd guess around 6.

Liability,
Drops game changing bollocks in every game then Wilder plays him anyway.
Wilder/Norwood both to blame.

Liability,
Drops game changing bollocks in every game then Wilder plays him anyway.
Wilder/Norwood both to blame.

Sadly were short of midfielders, I'm guessing Sander would start ahead of him if able.

He's gone from being my favorite player to my most hated in less than a season. The change in his ability has been stark and alarming, its like he's a different person, literally

Norwood is the pivot, when he works we control the game. The opposition stop him or he isn't up for it and stop our play. I'd like to see Bogle as the pivot, with furious on the right.

Dont have BT so listening on rs, commentary goes blah blah norwood misplaced , blah blah norwood overhits , blah blah norwood doesnt beat first man , repeat

Since we’ve been in the Premiership we have never bossed midfield we have competed but never bossed! we have never had the players to do that when you have teams that have a midfield that costs £200 million plus then it’s hard, even average Premier League midfield players cost good money we’re just not in a position financially to compete.

Perhaps championship is his level and next season he may be great again, but perhaps he wont that's my worry

Even if he is great again next season we should still be looking to replace him if we aim to be at this level. The priority for the summer is to rebuild a midfield.
Agreed

Since we’ve been in the Premiership we have never bossed midfield we have competed but never bossed! we have never had the players to do that when you have teams that have a midfield that costs £200 million plus then it’s hard, even average Premier League midfield players cost good money we’re just not in a position financially to compete.

You are right but the kind of fuck ups that Norwood makes are not down to not being prem quality. They're shocking mistakes at any level

He’s not a PL player, hence why he’s always been binned. He has ability but he needs too much time on the ball and gets caught out regularly. It happened a lot in the championship and a lot last season it just wasn’t punished as much. He’ll be here next season I think and will have a role to play

Sadly were short of midfielders, I'm guessing Sander would start ahead of him if able.

If able? I’m reminded of Craig Browns comments about his Rangers career in the sixties and being the understudy to the great Jim Baxter. Understudy is a bit strong, said Brown, there was an amputee and a Catholic who’d have got a game before me.

lmagine being a decent youngster who can’t even get on the bench for experience while Norwood and Lundstram steal a wage week in week out.

Norwood is the pivot, when he works we control the game. The opposition stop him or he isn't up for it and stop our play. I'd like to see Bogle as the pivot, with furious on the right.
Bogle? 🤣🤣 He’s a converted winger who’s strength is pace running forward with great dribbling ability and an eye for goal, but you want him to sit in front of our 3 CB’s and spray passes? God give me strength!

It really looks like his legs have gone since lockdown. Watching him chase someone back is actually painful to watch.

I also don't get this theory that he'll be ok again back in the championship where if anything the tempo is even more frantic than the Premier league but without the technical abilities

This season is like that Bill Bailey joke where he's playing like the Edge at a packed U2 arena concert, and then someone unplugs the pedals and it's just Jingle Bells.

Last season (pre-covid) we looked like rockstars, this season we look like tramps playing an out of tune ukulele with a string missing.

If able? I’m reminded of Craig Browns comments about his Rangers career in the sixties and being the understudy to the great Jim Baxter. Understudy is a bit strong, said Brown, there was an amputee and a Catholic who’d have got a game before me.

lmagine being a decent youngster who can’t even get on the bench for experience while Norwood and Lundstram steal a wage week in week out.

Do we have a decent youngster in either of those positions? Start of the season everyone expected Berge in the holding role, Norwood as back up.. Berge gets injured..

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, just a shit season. Fleck who you'd have bet your house on has been worse than Lundstrum.

Since I Started the thread I feel as though I should pass comment.

Erm....

I've not seen a player regress so much so quickly. I really thought he had another season at PL level in him allowing Berge to to integrate slowly but it seems we are witnessing or have witnessed a rather rapid decline of a player's physicality and speed. Perhaps he knew what was happening with his international retirement? And so did Tufty with the signing of Berge to play there?

There's no hiding place for Norwood, if Fleck or Lundstram have a bad/quiet game they will still have worked hard and added some physicality Norwood doesn't have those attributes so if his passing is a miss he just looks awful and doesn't add much.

He’s not a PL player, hence why he’s always been binned. He has ability but he needs too much time on the ball and gets caught out regularly. It happened a lot in the championship and a lot last season it just wasn’t punished as much. He’ll be here next season I think and will have a role to play
Oh fucking hell i hope not!!

I really do not know what’s happened to Norwood in such a short space of time. He must have directly cost us about 5 goals this season. Not only that, but his delivery is generally awful too - much prefer Fleck on set pieces to be honest.

For those saying get rid in the summer, it’ll be hard as he signed a new deal last year. I’d guess he’s in the top 3/5 earners at the club. He was allegedly on around £25k a week when he came. Probably pushing £40k now - who’s going to match that and pay a fee?

Back
Top Bottom