Norwood

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Anyone got any ideas as to why he took it down? Seems a bit odd & a bit of a shame.

Norwood was an integral part of our success last year and still only 29. The midfield of Lunny Norwood Fleck is our best trio, it works!!

Norwood was an integral part of our success last year and still only 29. The midfield of Lunny Norwood Fleck is our best trio, it works!!

I think Norwood will be bck today in the middle, Berge on the right and Fleck the left. Meaning that Ampadu will return to LCB, Jags did ok, but didn't look great either and he's obviously got little pace these days, I think Ampadu will be preferred there. It's also Norwood's old club and then another in Brighton on the weekend, so I can see hat Wilder may feel that could help get an extra 10% out of Norwood. We do miss Norwood when he's at his best.

I think Norwood will be bck today in the middle, Berge on the right and Fleck the left. Meaning that Ampadu will return to LCB, Jags did ok, but didn't look great either and he's obviously got little pace these days, I think Ampadu will be preferred there. It's also Norwood's old club and then another in Brighton on the weekend, so I can see hat Wilder may feel that could help get an extra 10% out of Norwood. We do miss Norwood when he's at his best.
Ampadu has done nothing to deserve selection & with Berge are not the type of players you need in a scrap

Norwood can use possession better than anyone else in our team. Yes he’s looked suspect in recent months but who hasn’t? We need someone that can play the ball and not just lob it up to McBurnie.

think you might be right there thought ampadu was going to be the answer for defensive midfielder but hes failed badly in that position got to go in at lcb tonight i would also give sander a rest and cant believe im saying it but bring lundstrum back in think chris will play goldie and brewster up top but just wonder if brewster and sharpy might work dont think theyve been paired yet mind still expect a heavy defeat

think you might be right there thought ampadu was going to be the answer for defensive midfielder but hes failed badly in that position got to go in at lcb tonight i would also give sander a rest and cant believe im saying it but bring lundstrum back in think chris will play goldie and brewster up top but just wonder if brewster and sharpy might work dont think theyve been paired yet mind still expect a heavy defeat
I agree, Didsy in. Worth trying him with Brewster or Burke.

Honestly i'd leave both berge and ampadu out. I'd get lunny back

Same for me. If I was a manager, I wouldn't tolerate what Berge did on Sunday (not tracking his man for the third goal).

I can forgive misses (McBurnie), bad passes (everyone), poor control (Fleck v Leicester) or misjudgements (Lunny's lunge in the second minute v Wolves), because those are things that happen in the spur of the moment and will even out (obviously if they don't even out, I'd make changes). But I would have a zero tolerance policy on things like tracking back, as that it is the absolute basic requirement I'd expect when paying someone tens of thousands pounds a week.

Same for me. If I was a manager, I wouldn't tolerate what Berge did on Sunday (not tracking his man for the third goal).

I can forgive misses (McBurnie), bad passes (everyone), poor control (Fleck v Leicester) or misjudgements (Lunny's lunge in the second minute v Wolves), because those are things that happen in the spur of the moment and will even out (obviously if they don't even out, I'd make changes). But I would have a zero tolerance policy on things like tracking back, as that it is the absolute basic requirement I'd expect when paying someone tens of thousands pounds a week.
honestly i may be way off but i think sander berge has accepted were going down and he knows he's at the top of the list for being sold in the summer so he cant be arsed anymore. either that or he still doesnt know how to play a midfielder. He's a headless chicken 99% of the time when teams are attacking us

honestly i may be way off but i think sander berge has accepted were going down and he knows he's at the top of the list for being sold in the summer so he cant be arsed anymore. either that or he still doesnt know how to play a midfielder. He's a headless chicken 99% of the time when teams are attacking us
No other Premier League team will buy Berge...

agree and think he may be benched tonight problem is we havent got enough options in midfield something that should have been adressed but hasnt been

Harsh. This is the moment Berge thinks he's done enough having held Redmond up and made him pass it sideways. We have plenty of players back and at this stage it doesn't look unnatural that a first defender (Berge) leaves an opponent for the sack of defenders to pick up.

1608224291535.png
But Brewster, Ampadu and McGoldrick seem to rush towards the ball. Behind them Jags and Egan momentarily have swapped positions following the set piece.

Half a second later this angle shows that the gap between our right back Baldock and our (for now) right sided centre half Jagielka is far too big. Not only that, Jagielka is looking away from the action, possibly having a word with Egan about switching positions again. This means Romeu can pass it in behind with neither Baldock, Berge or Jags able to do anything to stop Redmond.

Skjermbilde 2020-12-15 15.35.29.png

Harsh. This is the moment Berge thinks he's done enough having held Redmond up and made him pass it sideways. We have plenty of players back and at this stage it doesn't look unnatural that a first defender (Berge) leaves an opponent for the sack of defenders to pick up.

View attachment 100736
But Brewster, Ampadu and McGoldrick seem to rush towards the ball. Behind them Jags and Egan momentarily have swapped positions following the set piece.

Half a second later this angle shows that the gap between our right back Baldock and our (for now) right sided centre half Jagielka is far too big. Not only that, Jagielka is looking away from the action, possibly having a word with Egan about switching positions again. This means Romeu can pass it in behind with neither Baldock, Berge or Jags able to do anything to stop Redmond.

View attachment 100737

I'll disagree with you on that one, I'm afraid. I agree about Baldock (who is marking the wider player) and Jagielka (who has a job to do in the middle). But this is all the more reason why Berge has to be making sure that 'his' man can't run into space unchallenged. To say that "neither Baldock, Berge or Jags able to do anything to stop Redmond" isn't true for Berge. It's not the first (or second) time that he's done this either.

If we are at the stage where a player thinks that they've done enough because they've forced a sideways pass, I despair! We're talking top level elite players here. They have to be 100%, not 95%.

I'll disagree with you on that one, I'm afraid. I agree about Baldock (who is marking the wider player) and Jagielka (who has a job to do in the middle). But this is all the more reason why Berge has to be making sure that 'his' man can't run into space unchallenged. To say that "neither Baldock, Berge or Jags able to do anything to stop Redmond" isn't true for Berge. It's not the first (or second) time that he's done this either.

If we are at the stage where a player thinks that they've done enough because they've forced a sideways pass, I despair! We're talking top level elite players here. They have to be 100%, not 95%.
We're not playing a man marking system. Following a run when there are plenty of players further back to pick him up is the wrong thing to do in a team based on zonal defending.

There is no real excuse for the original gap and the lapse of concentration (looking away!) from Jags, although he will argue it was Egan's side and he was looking to switch back + he may have trusted Ampadu, McGoldrick and Brewster would make sure at least one covered instead of all three closing down.

I don't think he's downed tools - he doesn't seem like that kind of character. I think he's just a young player struggling in an under performing team.

I don't think he's downed tools - he doesn't seem like that kind of character. I think he's just a young player struggling in an under performing team.

My honest take is that I think he feels like he made the wrong move and is now regretting it.

We went for him in the summer but, rightly IMO, he looked at us as a newly promoted side who were probably going to struggle and fancied playing CL football again this season. Fast forward to January and we're flying, entrenched in the Top 8 and a European place looks like a very real possibility so he's flattered we've kept our interest despite him saying no in the summer and decides to sign.

Then Covid hits, he's stuck in a foreign country where doesn't know anyone and when we come back we look like a team that forgot how to play football and a European spot looks as far away as it did when we were in League One.

If you take off the red and white tinted specs then honestly how would you feel?

I agree he doesn't seem at all like the type to down tools but he also just doesn't look like he fits into our team as he should be in a team that has lots of possession where he can glide round the middle of the park. That's not his fault again IMO.

He has no fight and I can’t see him making it in the Premier League, he’s one of those players where you don’t know where to play him..

He has no fight and I can’t see him making it in the Premier League, he’s one of those players where you don’t know where to play him..

Norwood? he has had his position nailed down in midfield for years. Whether he can play every match full tilt at this level is a different matter.

Oh right.

Well I think he plays RCM better than DCM.

Back
Top Bottom