Norwood captain?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What a fucking liability 🙄 Anyone that is anti Norwood are footballing troglodytes who want people to just GERRA BART. He was also vice captain last year so let’s not be pretend to be surprised.

What a fucking liability 🙄 Anyone that is anti Norwood are footballing troglodytes who want people to just GERRA BART. He was also vice captain last year so let’s not be pretend to be surprised.

And also let’s not forget he was still up there as our best player playing half the year with a hernia and needing surgery but nah he isn’t big enough for some on here who want it getting forrud.

Norwood on the assumption he’ll get more game time than Billy.

would love jack to get the armband ahead of norwood.
i think jack is likely to be 3rd to get it, should sharp and norwood both not play

Jack's not captain material IMO, not in his current bombastic role anyway.

We are away. We are likely to not have that much possession and it would be useful to have an out ball when needed.
Billy dosent do out balls.
He could be team mascot and wear the armband if it's about leading the team out.
I'd consider him starting maybe against Palace at home.

I'd love to know the stats for goals scored away from home last season, and I bet Billy tops that list.

I just don't see the point in making a song and dance about naming a club captain as well as first team captain. Surely you just have an official captain (Billy) and should he not play someone else takes the armband. Simples!

Egan would be a good fit for the role of Captain.

Which shouldn't exclude other players from consideration, but my preference for Captain is who has the respect of most players in the squad, plus who has good tactical awareness throughout a game. JE would be an ideal suggestion, for now and the years to come.

We are away. We are likely to not have that much possession and it would be useful to have an out ball when needed.
Billy dosent do out balls.
He could be team mascot and wear the armband if it's about leading the team out.
I'd consider him starting maybe against Palace at home.

Whilst I don’t think he should start Billy’s hold up play and link play is the reason he’s resurrected his career from diminishing in the lower levels to scoring 24 goals in the championship and getting promoted. That’s what he’s added to his game, it’s rare a defender is allowed around/through him to dispossess him.

On Saturday Norwood was as vocal and encouraging a captain as we've had.

The way he played helped his authority and invariably will do so. What a player.

from my point of view i think we are lucky to have a number of leaders on the pitch. Norwood was immense yesterday did anyone else see how he gestured to the bench when Robinson pulled up. I have never seen him so involved with every thing that was happening yesterday. The exact same thing also impressed me that already the expectation is for Robinson to be 100% on his task ( in this instance tracking back ) the entire team seemed to know exactly what everyone should be doing. Augers well for the rest of this season

Makes fk all difference who is captain ...we have plenty of leaders on the pitch anyway ....

At a guess for the tv graphics they’ve probably done both – I would assume it’ll be as normal on the pitch, Sharp gets it if he’s playing otherwise it’s Norwood’s (and you’d expect it’ll be mostly Norwood’s this season).

Great that they’ve captured the Lundstram goal celebration we’ll be frequently enjoying.

View attachment 59261

Nope.

But picking Norwood for VC or Capt is a mistake.

Loads don’t realise it yet. Even the gaffer.

But trust me. At PL level his fuckin Ping will be more like a fuckin Pong !

I’ve said this before and explained precisely why.

Happy to keep making the big calls, even when it goes against the grain.

Here’s why : 👀👍😉

UTB

Couple points already aged well from this thread.

Nope.

But picking Norwood for VC or Capt is a mistake.

Loads don’t realise it yet. Even the gaffer.

But trust me. At PL level his fuckin Ping will be more like a fuckin Pong !

I’ve said this before and explained precisely why.

Happy to keep making the big calls, even when it goes against the grain.
Don't know why, you're nearly always wrong.

For context see above:

Great that they’ve captured the Lundstram goal celebration we’ll be frequently enjoying.

Its all in the preparation, you practise the goal scoring, and the goals will come 😊rumpy.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom