Norwich want Henderson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

designblade

Reaction score
https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city...hester-united-keeper-dean-henderson-1-5942268

'Norwich City have been linked with a summer swoop for Manchester United’s highly-rated on loan Sheffield United keeper Dean Henderson - if they seal promotion to the Premier League.

City lead the Blades by four points at the top of the Championship, following a 2-1 win on Saturday at Rotherham United.

Henderson kept a clean sheet in Sheffield United’s 1-0 derby victory earlier in the day at fellow title rivals Leeds United, and the 22-year-old has played a major part in the second meanest defence in the league this season.

Now the Sun on Sunday report should Chris Wilder’s squad miss out themselves then Henderson’s parent club will look for a top flight loan next season.

The England Under-21 international keeper is reportedly on the radar of Norwich, Leicester City and Bournemouth but Manchester United will only sanction a fresh loan switch if Henderson can get regular football.

The Canaries were touted with a move for Henderson last summer, after he caught the eye at Shrewsbury in League One playing alongside Ben Godfrey and Carlton Morris.

City brought Tim Krul to the club but with Remi Matthews departing earlier this season and Michael McGovern out of contract in the coming summer a keeper looks a priority.

Henderson has yet to make a first team appearance at Old Trafford but is under conrtact until 2020, with a further one year option.'

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city...hester-united-keeper-dean-henderson-1-5942268

'Norwich City have been linked with a summer swoop for Manchester United’s highly-rated on loan Sheffield United keeper Dean Henderson - if they seal promotion to the Premier League.

City lead the Blades by four points at the top of the Championship, following a 2-1 win on Saturday at Rotherham United.

Henderson kept a clean sheet in Sheffield United’s 1-0 derby victory earlier in the day at fellow title rivals Leeds United, and the 22-year-old has played a major part in the second meanest defence in the league this season.

Now the Sun on Sunday report should Chris Wilder’s squad miss out themselves then Henderson’s parent club will look for a top flight loan next season.

The England Under-21 international keeper is reportedly on the radar of Norwich, Leicester City and Bournemouth but Manchester United will only sanction a fresh loan switch if Henderson can get regular football.

The Canaries were touted with a move for Henderson last summer, after he caught the eye at Shrewsbury in League One playing alongside Ben Godfrey and Carlton Morris.

City brought Tim Krul to the club but with Remi Matthews departing earlier this season and Michael McGovern out of contract in the coming summer a keeper looks a priority.

Henderson has yet to make a first team appearance at Old Trafford but is under conrtact until 2020, with a further one year option.'

So Henderson would be needed as an understudy at Norwich, rather than first team regular.

I understand Mn U's reasoning about giving him game time in the Premiership, but on the basis that we secure promotion Henderson would continue as our first choice, rather than as a stand-in should Krul lose form or be injured. No doubt Wilder is on top of this and in contact with MU.

So Henderson would be needed as an understudy at Norwich, rather than first team regular.

I understand Mn U's reasoning about giving him game time in the Premiership, but on the basis that we secure promotion Henderson would continue as our first choice, rather than as a stand-in should Krul lose form or be injured. No doubt Wilder is on top of this and in contact with MU.

I'd expect Hendo to be playing in the Premier League next season one way or another, hopefully with us!

Na, they’d absolutely sign him as number 1. But they won’t get him if we go up.

Have you seen Kruhl play?

Dear Norwich

We will have pukey if you don’t go up.

Ciao

Too right, Blood.
Liability - especially with the ball at his feet.

It'll be a Kruhl irony if Henderson ends up at Carrow Rd

Well it's down to Wilder to not only remain in touch with Man U, he has the added advantage of speaking to Henderson on a daily basis. Hopefully, if we're promoted, this would clinch the deal.

I’m sure Aaron Ramsdale will be pleased to see Bournemouth are interested :rolleyes:

Another loan spell beckons for Aaron. Didn't pull many trees up at Chessie IIRC

..........and there's interest from Norwich, Leeds AND Sheff U apparently with Nick Pope at Burnley. Don't ask me for a link, it popped up yesterday whilst browsing about our game with Leeds - it was some Leeds scummy based website.

He's third choice behind Heaton and Hart.

In the end it all depends what division all three of us are in next season.

UTB

The supporters love him .he loves us .a bond made in heaven cant see him wanting a move.we have forgiving supporters.and he really appreciates that

There's a surprise, the made up verbal agreement is not worth the paper it's written on.

Well he has been practicing his time wasting I mean game management.

Dear Narwich.

There will be a que and a pecking order.

Understand where you might be on said pecking order ;).

UTB

52800759.jpg

I thought maybe this was intended to destabilise our promotion push but it would actually do the opposite and make Krul think twice about his situation.

I’m sure Aaron Ramsdale will be pleased to see Bournemouth are interested :rolleyes:
Bournemouth will definitely be in for a keeper in the summer. Boruc is close to the retirement home and Begovic isn't pushing. I expect Ramsdale to be number 2 next season

Back
Top Bottom