No one leaving, no one coming in?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It depends what's in Berge's contract - he may have a release clause that ensures there's fuck all we can do about it.

Here we go again. I’d love to know what makes you think we’ll be top 6 ‘at least’ next season. Using actual facts and data, if you could.
because the championship is a very poor league alright it is competitive but every chance the 3 relegated clubs from last season will come back up and norwich are gonna piss the league i would also like to know what makes you think we wont be top 6 next season ?

because the championship is a very poor league alright it is competitive but every chance the 3 relegated clubs from last season will come back up and norwich are gonna piss the league i would also like to know what makes you think we wont be top 6 next season ?
Because we will need half a team 4 midfield players, two centre half’s and we won’t have much money to spend and will recoup very little on who we sell try to sell
Mid table at best oh and a goalkeeper

With all the comments he’s making about the squad, I suspect Widers seen his arse because he’s been told they’ll be no money for loans in this month.

If that is the case I would safely bet that consequently, there’ll be absolutely nobody going out on loan of any age, to anywhere.........does anyone know if Wilders an only child? 🤔

There's a lot of revisionism going off about Norwood, particularly referring to how other teams ditched him when they were promoted, as if we were wrong not to...

Memories are short. He was excellent for us for the majority of last season. Have a look at some of his stats.

He's badly exposed in a team without possession, playing against the grain and under pressure. We already knew this, but the amount it's happening now is significantly higher than at any other time.

I think it's harsh to be making brash statements that he's done etc. Next season, with more of the ball and a lot more protection, he can likely sit at the base of our midfield dictating play again. But I would like to see us beef up the competition.

It depends what's in Berge's contract - he may have a release clause that ensures there's fuck all we can do about it.
It wouldn’t surprise me if there a release clause but footballers are vain and I would be surprised if he set his own value to be less than what we paid for him

There's a lot of revisionism going off about Norwood, particularly referring to how other teams ditched him when they were promoted, as if we were wrong not to...

Memories are short. He was excellent for us for the majority of last season. Have a look at some of his stats.

He's badly exposed in a team without possession, playing against the grain and under pressure. We already knew this, but the amount it's happening now is significantly higher than at any other time.

I think it's harsh to be making brash statements that he's done etc. Next season, with more of the ball and a lot more protection, he can likely sit at the base of our midfield dictating play again. But I would like to see us beef up the competition.
Sit at the base of our midfield!! His fucking legs have gone mate he could probably do with a chair to sit on.

It really isn’t. It’s a very competitive league with a lot of good teams in it (and granted, some absolute toss). It’s hard to get out of, even more so if you’re faced with the lottery of the playoffs (and we all know what we’re like in those).

Could you remind me what happened last time we got relegated? We went down by the briefest of margins and still didn’t come right back up. If relegated teams always bounced back up there would never be different teams in the top flight would there?

The reasons I don’t think we’ll come straight back up I outlined in an earlier post. Go and find it if you’re interested; if you’re too lazy to read the thread that’s no my look-out.

If we're to offer a balanced appraisal of Norwood, he's looked half decent in games where we've controlled possession, the opposition have had a weak midfield, the opposition have been shite, and it's his only game of the week.

It's just been when any of these criteria haven't been met, he's looked like a competition winner playing in a PL game...

Sport is all about levels. Next season, I'd imagine he'll be once again be one of our better performers.

If we're to offer a balanced appraisal of Norwood, he's looked half decent in games where we've controlled possession, the opposition have had a weak midfield, the opposition have been shite, and it's his only game of the week.

It's just been when any of these criteria haven't been met, he's looked like a competition winner playing in a PL game...

Sport is all about levels. Next season, I'd imagine he'll be once again be one of our better performers.
We didn't need a massively athletic DM last season. We defended as a team, the defensive rotation when someone got caught out was world class. Everyone put in the extra yard to cover.

That's gone now, completely. So the need for a Kante/Ndidi/Rice etc is huge. And Norwood isn't that

We didn't need a massively athletic DM last season. We defended as a team, the defensive rotation when someone got caught out was world class. Everyone put in the extra yard to cover.

That's gone now, completely. So the need for a Kante/Ndidi/Rice etc is huge. And Norwood isn't that
I think that's what we potentially earmarked for Ampadu, and realised he isn't quite up to it either (although he was excellent away at Liverpool there). And we've also realised he's needed at LCB for now.

All in all the recruitment in key areas has been a shitshow.

I think that's what we potentially earmarked for Ampadu, and realised he isn't quite up to it either (although he was excellent away at Liverpool there). And we've also realised he's needed at LCB for now.

All in all the recruitment in key areas has been a shitshow.
I'll be forever puzzled that our recruitment went from "experienced pro, been through some wars, with something to prove" to "untested child who we know nothing about" almost overnight

Maybe not, but the PL has evolved and the athleticism required has also evolved - you could argue lockdown/Covid has raised the standards of athleticism. No nightclubs, no golf, no distractions.

From the outside looking in, it appears as the rest of the PL have gotten bigger, faster, stronger, fitter - our lads simply have got worse.

I'll be forever puzzled that our recruitment went from "experienced pro, been through some wars, with something to prove" to "untested child who we know nothing about" almost overnight

This x1000.

You could also throw in the academy reject who's dropped down a couple of divisions and worked their way up the leagues.

We've replaced that with panic buy for a guy who must be good because he's from a top 6 club! We had the warnings in James Wilson/Ben Woodburn - yet still did it!!

Eperienced pro's with something to prove are much easier to sign when you're in the Championship and the level of player you require is for the Championship. However, to pick up someone for the PL that is an experienced pro that has a point to prove, you're looking at a package of wages, signing on fee, transfer fee etc that is beyond what we have for someone with little sell on value. We tried that under Robson and only Beattie came off and that cost a fortune.

So we've gone to signing younger players that do have a point to prove, but also have age on their side to improve, develop and sell on - not Ampadu granted. Maybe there is a squad player out there that could do a job for us such as the links to Jack Cork, but there's no way Burnley will want to let him to go to us is there!

You also have to remember as I've just said elsewhere, that ib the pre-season when we were recruiting the players that Norwood and Fleck had just come off the back of great seasons and no one could predict in my view how far they've detriorated, Norwood in particular. I'm sure had Wilder had a crystal ball to know that he would have signed another centre mid, even if it wasn't his first choice which we failed to do with Swift. Our midfield last season was one of our strongest areas, hence the thought process to strengthen was focussed up top. And yes there's still issues there because we can't afford the finished article.

I'm slowly coming around to the thought of a Wilshire type on a pay as you play - someone that can take the ball under pressure and keep it. Seems he's done enough to earn a deal at Bournemouth and maybe he wouldn't fancy coming to us for a few months in a relegation headed side. There's obviously no guarantee that he plays more than 90 minutes without getting injured but we're so desperate for someone with a bit of ability. Even Besic would be head and shoulders above what we have at the moment.

Maybe not, but the PL has evolved and the athleticism required has also evolved - you could argue lockdown/Covid has raised the standards of athleticism. No nightclubs, no golf, no distractions.

From the outside looking in, it appears as the rest of the PL have gotten bigger, faster, stronger, fitter - our lads simply have got worse.
I've been banging the athleticism drum for ages now. I wanted Doucoure in the summer over anyone else. He was obviously out of our range but we needed a facsimile of that

I’m fairness Berge started the season there and whilst we as a team were shit he wasn’t bad and then through injuries and suspensions he was moved around lost the form he started the season with and got injured.

Eperienced pro's with something to prove are much easier to sign when you're in the Championship and the level of player you require is for the Championship. However, to pick up someone for the PL that is an experienced pro that has a point to prove, you're looking at a package of wages, signing on fee, transfer fee etc that is beyond what we have for someone with little sell on value. We tried that under Robson and only Beattie came off and that cost a fortune.

So we've gone to signing younger players that do have a point to prove, but also have age on their side to improve, develop and sell on - not Ampadu granted. Maybe there is a squad player out there that could do a job for us such as the links to Jack Cork, but there's no way Burnley will want to let him to go to us is there!

You also have to remember as I've just said elsewhere, that ib the pre-season when we were recruiting the players that Norwood and Fleck had just come off the back of great seasons and no one could predict in my view how far they've detriorated, Norwood in particular. I'm sure had Wilder had a crystal ball to know that he would have signed another centre mid, even if it wasn't his first choice which we failed to do with Swift. Our midfield last season was one of our strongest areas, hence the thought process to strengthen was focussed up top. And yes there's still issues there because we can't afford the finished article.
You didn't need a crystal ball to know that JOC was injured and needed cover (and that Robinson was terrible). Or to know Ampadu, Bogle, Lowe, Brewster, Burke were gambles. Or that spending your full budget at the time on a keeper was a criminal use of resources. Or that we needed more goals. Or that we'd been the worst attacking team in the league since Xmas.

Brewster had played 22 games. Absolute insanity purchase. The opposite type of deal a club in control would do

I’m fairness Berge started the season there and whilst we as a team were shit he wasn’t bad and then through injuries and suspensions he was moved around lost the form he started the season with and got injured.
But that again points to the poor recruitment. Who was Lunny's back up/challenger?

Back
Top Bottom