No one leaving, no one coming in?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Instead of bringing in players to attempt the impossible we could have brought a couple of targets in for a Championship promotion campaign. Give them a few months of Premier League football and get them up to speed with systems and form playing relationships with the existing squad to hit the ground running next season. The cost of promising Championship midfielders and centre backs would be considerably lower too.

I think now wilder deserves a couple of signings it's a big ask but who knows get something at city

Or this was a masterstroke by the Prince, giving Wilder a Teamtalk to get the players performing again:

"Lads, you can't stay up. Prince says so, so we won't be bringing anyone else in as it'd be a waste of money even trying to survive."

It's also worth remembering we borrowed from the future when we bought Berge last Jan, then spent a decent chunk for us again this summer. That borrowing from the future had to come to roost eventually and I feel like taking it now would be a softer hit than pushing it to the summer

Or this was a masterstroke by the Prince, giving Wilder a Teamtalk to get the players performing again:

"Lads, you can't stay up. Prince says so, so we won't be bringing anyone else in as it'd be a waste of money even trying to survive."
That Prince is a canny one.
Glad we got him on board.

That was a boring window from the point of no one actually coming in
And I had such high hopes.
I shall have to curb my enthusiasm.
Down shep!

That was a boring window from the point of no one actually coming in
And I had such high hopes.
I shall have to curb my enthusiasm.
Down shep!
Doesn't close until 11pm Monday. But will be a surprise if we add anyone now.

Overall hardly anyone has gone anywhere, yeah.

If we get a point or more today, will it tempt the board to release some funds?

I have been impressed with the Prince since he took sole ownership, but by not even trying to sign anyone else, he has sent a really shit message to the fans, well he has to me anyway.

If nothing changes before Monday, this will be the first time he has pissed me off as an owner. You simply don't give up on a season with 18 games left.

I have been impressed with the Prince since he took sole ownership, but by not even trying to sign anyone else, he has sent a really shit message to the fans, well he has to me anyway.

If nothing changes before Monday, this will be the first time he has pissed me off as an owner. You simply don't give up on a season with 18 games left.
What we don't know is if everybody we've approached has said "errr no ta"

Getting more like McCabe as time goes on ... Lets see who he sells at the end of season that will be the benchmark!

It's not a normal season/time, remember.

i understand your point but i agree with the board on this one were not going to get out of this mess now so save it for the summer when there will be more options for us and in any case chris has had a fair bit of cash to spend already

I think realistically this is the right thing to have done.

No one that we could afford wage wise is going to be good enough to improve the squad to the extent we need. Obviously the midfield is the main concern whether it be lack of quality up until the last two games or lack of bodies available

I don't even think its a case of Wilder has wasted the money really so he cant have anymore

What this could do though is galvanise the squad that is there. Its literally them vs the world now there's no help coming in so its down to them. Hopefully it works

i understand your point but i agree with the board on this one were not going to get out of this mess now so save it for the summer when there will be more options for us and in any case chris has had a fair bit of cash to spend already
We cant get a player in who can make a real difference! What is possible and might happen is bring in one or two championship level players at bargain prices as money must be really tight for some championship clubs .
If we are in the market for players this summer championship level or lower will be the level we are buying in .
Some good players will be out of contract this summer and there is bound to be competition for them,a late window bid could possibly be rewarding.

From the Yorkshire post there you go.

The window closes on Monday, but it appears Sheffield United will not be involved in any activity.

Wilder began the month hopeful of bringing in two players to give his team a much-needed lift.

He revealed that he was hoping to make two loan signings and had submitted a list of names to the board in December.

That statement was backed up by Prince Abdullah before the Southampton match, where he revealed he would be backing the manager with two signings.
The team has been beset by injuries and selection problems, but the longer the month passed with no update on arrivals the more it became apparent there was not going to be any business.

And Wilder, speaking to the media following today's defeat, says he does not expect anything to happen.
Why do you say these things? So much negativity.

The lack of support from the board during an injury crisis is embarrassing.

I don't know why or who but for some reason I think we will bring someone in on deadline day.

From the Yorkshire post there you go.

The window closes on Monday, but it appears Sheffield United will not be involved in any activity.

Wilder began the month hopeful of bringing in two players to give his team a much-needed lift.

He revealed that he was hoping to make two loan signings and had submitted a list of names to the board in December.

That statement was backed up by Prince Abdullah before the Southampton match, where he revealed he would be backing the manager with two signings.
The team has been beset by injuries and selection problems, but the longer the month passed with no update on arrivals the more it became apparent there was not going to be any business.

And Wilder, speaking to the media following today's defeat, says he does not expect anything to happen.
Seems you didn't understand/avoided my question. I questioned your personal negativity. E.g. Implying Prince Abdullah doesn't care, as well as all the things you say elsewhere on forum.

The lack of support from the board during an injury crisis is embarrassing.
Embarrassing to who? Talk about being over dramatic.

Maybe we haven't been able to find anyone decent enough that is available/affordable/willing? This is very probably the situation.

Liverpool have zero centre backs, but even they say they might not sign anyone.

Back
Top Bottom