No one leaving, no one coming in?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

scouseblade

Reaction score
Wilders presser then. Stated that no one will be leaving in JTW and there is nothing to report on incomings. Could be a very quiet window then!

Pretty poor
..but may be good enough. It was last season and injuries are subsiding.
If there was a really good rcm available on loan then yes, but I don’t think there is !

..but may be good enough. It was last season and injuries are subsiding.
If there was a really good rcm available on loan then yes, but I don’t think there is !
Jack Wilshere is going to Bournemouth... Kagawa is also free, wonder if we could go for either

Not surprising, can’t see the Prince being too happy with our return on investment recruitment wise. He won’t trust Wilder/the recruitment team with much from now on.

I believe its a case of some need to go before others can come in.

We do still have half a dozen goalkeepers. I got the impression had Moore not got injured he would be on his way out in the last transfer window.

Not buying a midfielder this Jan is an act of gross negligence!!

We can offer 6 months of PL experience, which if you're an up and coming L1 or lower Championship player, you'd jump at the chance at.

We're ridiculously light in Centre mid - and it's not like there's a risk of 3 or 4 players going down overnight with a contagious virus...

I saw Jesse Lingard driving into the car park on my daily jog around the Lane 🤥

Didn't sound promising did it! Weve no idea the players who might have said no to a loan though, thats what happened with Lingard right? Top championship clubs are probably more attractive than we are at this moment in time.

Shame though, because we need a midfielder so badly.

Of course, people we might want might not want to come here as has already happened with Lingard.

The thread headline sounds very much it was said by Jack Reacher ;)

"No-one got on, no-one got off"
:D

One of the issues has been Wilder tinkering with the team to get a result. This has not really worked Now forced by injury and Covid he has a winning team Stick with it It is a risk with us so light in midfield but Ossie and Bash could slot in there and to be honest I would rather have them then get a player in who has played little and is not match fit. If we could get a midfield target that would be a good addition long term I would be happy rather than a supposed short term fix who doesn’t give a shit whether we survive or not.

Just watched Chris’s interview. It looks to me like we won’t ne bringing anyone in this window. He so dismissive when asked about it.

Frustrating but incredibly predictable if true.

Not buying a midfielder this Jan is an act of gross negligence!!

We can offer 6 months of PL experience, which if you're an up and coming L1 or lower Championship player, you'd jump at the chance at.

We're ridiculously light in Centre mid - and it's not like there's a risk of 3 or 4 players going down overnight with a contagious virus...
It is only negligent if one is available who is as good or better than what we have AND wants to come.

Right decision, let the squad we have scrape some pride back and fight for their place in the squad next season, there won't be many takers for them die to their displays of late, pointless buying players now , I'm sure new players won't want a relegation on their CV ,but some may want a championship title medal/promotion next year

it's the hope that kills you..........Just wish they hadn't bothered saying we were getting a home and international loan in and business would be done early.

Well the last 2 transfer windows have resulted in us falling off a cliff, so I’ll forgive the owner for saying that’s enough.

Maybe Wilder thinks the same as well to be fair. He’s recruited what he though would improve us and it hasn’t.

True, but you still have to find better ones who want to come and I personally rate Bogle quite highly in that position

My view is that if Norwood pulls a hammie and Lundstram gets a red card, with Berge out - we're even more fooked!

Next season, we're in a similar boat. We're paper thin in Centre mid...

As I have said on previous threads, CW was expecting us (and probably most of our fanbase) that we would consolidate this season in the Premier league finishing comfortably mid table and his purchases in the last windows were players for the future ie 21/22 season and beyond. We will get return on our money spent, starting from next season. I'm sure in hindsight he would have done things differently had he known that the players either through injury or playing sub standard were going to let him down. Who'd be a manager heh?

Back
Top Bottom