Nicknames for Fans (you do not know)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The 'man who sits infront of us' (as we unimaginatively used to call him) thought my dad was the font of all knowledge. Whenever anything controversial happened in a game he'd turn round and ask my dad what his opinion was. He then would repeat it to everyone around him as fact. Funnily enough he never asked for my opinion on anything.
I guess he's moved. I have had a guy who does the same sat n front of me for the last 2 years on the Kop. Bald-headed by any chance?

"I'm off"

Sits a few rows in front of me, and to the left, on G Block, South Stand. Always, without fail, whether we are winning or losing, stands up with 10 minutes to go, and shouts to his mate, "I'm off". Now his mate sits about 60 seats away in F block, so a fair way away. It always goes like this........

(10 minutes to go)

"I'm off.............mate........mate, I'm off..........do you wanna lift?"

(trying to hear above the noise) "what?"

"I'm off mate, do you wanna lift?"

"No thanks mate"

"what?"

"No thanks mate, I'm alright"

"ok pal, well I am off, see you next week"

"Yeah see ya pal"

It's worth watching every week, just in case his mate finally takes that lift.

"I'm off"

Sits a few rows in front of me, and to the left, on G Block, South Stand. Always, without fail, whether we are winning or losing, stands up with 10 minutes to go, and shouts to his mate, "I'm off". Now his mate sits about 60 seats away in F block, so a fair way away. It always goes like this........

(10 minutes to go)

"No thanks mate"

"what?"

"Yeah see ya pal"

Never understood why some fans regularly leave the ground before the final whistle. Do they leave the cinema before the end of the film too?

"I'm off"

(10 minutes to go)

"No thanks mate"

"what?"

"Yeah see ya pal"

I'm in G block will look out for him :)

There's a bloke sits in the middle of the kop, balding ginger head. Sits with his Son.
I call him "Lucky bastard" because if you give him a tenner you get good luck forever in your life after that point.
Look out for him on Boxing Day, I'll. . . . I mean he'll be there for sure.

"I'm off"

(10 minutes to go)

"No thanks mate"

"what?"

"Yeah see ya pal"

I’m in G block but I never see him....mind you I do leave about 10 minutes before the end.

Mr Angry in the South Stand.

Looks angry, acts angry, constantly.

Mr Smelly (aka Herr Stinkend).
Moved our seats from John St to SS last time we were relegated to the 3rd Div. Despite relegation, couldn’t quite believe that such good seats were available in the South. Found out why very quickly.

Family Guy.
Dead spit of Peter Griffin (kind of, if you squint). Other side of us from Herr Stinkend. Also very smelly.

Family Guy’s Mum.

Boiled Sweet Spanner.

Santa.
Seen him home and away. Was he on the opening credits to the EFL highlights show a couple of years ago?

There was a family who used to stand on the kop near us who looked like The Proclaimers. Mutha, Fatha and two sons all had the same ginger flat-top haircut, all wore glasses and they all wore matching kagools. Of course, this was before The Proclaimers were even a twinkle in the SNP's eye so we used to call them Swiss Family Raincoat.

Following on from my thread (United u23's v Hull 23's) about the fan that I dubbed Mumbled Man, I got thinking and thought about the number of Blades fans I have sat with in different season ticket seats or seen on trips away from home. It may be at the pub or just in passing that you often see.

I have to be careful as some may be on here. I am sure people have seen me and have a name for me as well (report knob etc) but wondered if other fans have names / nicknames for fans around them or that they see; funny how you often never get their names and can sit with them for years!?

Some may seem nasty but they are not really and no offence really meant. All meant jovially, Care to share anyone else who does this?

Over the years I / my wide / mates have names of fans as follows.....

The Manager - Guy who sits behind me in the stand and is obsessed with tactics, sayign what formation we are playing and discussing subs even after 5 minutes.

Fart Brigade - Guy with silver hair and glasses who always goes away. Few conversations he has had with his party he seems obsessed with real ale and Wetherspoons. Sat behind him at Blackburn and he was breaking wind constantly and grinning. To the point where everyone around him felt sick. Others seems to be as bad but he was head fart henchman. Hence the name.

Lawnmower man - Man who sits near us who seems to be high up in this trade travellling the world selling aformentioned products. Disappears for weeks to the States etc and then pops up again. Nice guy actually.

The twins - Two ahem...twins that go home and away that seem to be continually with each other whether in the pub, on the train or at the game.

Hat w*****r
- Sure she is a nice woman but the one who wears the hat with all the badges. Harsh she got the W. I blame my mate.

Simos mate - Someone who over that season was a Simonsen apologist to the fact it was ridiculous even in the face of error after error.

Scunny lads - Two decent lads who were brothers who used to come from Scunny and sit near us on the Kop for 4 or 5 years. Never got their names. Just knew they came from Scunny.

Annoying face - Always seems to be pop up, grinning. Mid 20's. Does not seem to have any friends or anyone he is with most weeks; just latches on to whoever Got a really silly gurning face and often shouts ridiculous things out. Mainly on away trains or pubs.

Beer Machine - He got this name as he used to go the Beer Engine and come in late but he dubbed it the Beer Machine. Used to always come in late, drunk and talking of strippers. Most of his stories were utter crap.

Will think of some more....

The twins. I know who you mean. You'd think, that as grown men, they'd have individual style. But no, wear same clothes as each other.

Mick Adams' brother - Bloke who sits at the back of H. Gets in ten minutes late every match. Spitting image of Micky Adams, possibly some relation.

"I'm off"

(10 minutes to go)

"No thanks mate"

"what?"

"Yeah see ya pal"

One day, in the old first division, we were on our way by train from Kiveton. By the time we got to Midland station, the Blades game had been called off, bad weather.
We went to Elland Rd instead to watch the Weeds Liverpool game. Left early to catch the train home, because Leeds were winning 1-0.
By the time we got home and checked the scores, Liverpool were 2-1 winners> Some super sub called Fairclough had scored the winner in injury time. :)

many years ago might be going back to Warnock robson era. because I haven't see him for least 10 years. I used to be sat near a guy who we would call beige trousers man, because every home game without fail he would wear the same beige trousers. he & this other guy where both large they sit on 3 seats between them, sometimes at Sheffield derbys it great entertainment to see them have to sit on 2 seats because of sell out

I worry about what others think. as can be a bit of loose cannon in celebration. lost count of injuires i caused myself others or things ive broke 😄

The twins. I know who you mean. You'd think, that as grown men, they'd have individual style. But no, wear same clothes as each other.
Introduce yourself to them. They're alright really. They won't bite.;)
One is slightly taller than the other, that's Chris. His Brother's called Andy. I can only tell them apart due to their height difference and only if they're stood together because my system is that Christopher is a longer (taller) word than Andrew. you've got to have a system.
I know them from when they used to be colleagues of one of my best mates and they used to join us for a pre-match drink. My mate used to call them the Meerkats 😂

Introduce yourself to them. They're alright really. They won't bite.;)
One is slightly taller than the other, that's Chris. His Brother's called Andy. I can only tell them apart due to their height difference and only if they're stood together because my system is that Christopher is a longer (taller) word than Andrew. you've got to have a system.
I know them from when they used to be colleagues of one of my best mates and they used to join us for a pre-match drink. My mate used to call them the Meerkats 😂

We called them Tongy twins due them looking slightly like Micharl Tonge....well they did when i were pissed up in Sportsman back in the day. Always seemed nice lads

We called them Tongy twins due them looking slightly like Micharl Tonge....well the did when were pissed up in Sportsman
You must have been pissed 😂. Unless there's more than one set :eek:

I saw a film called Tongy Twins once. I had to turn it off when my Mum walked in

The “Kill him” man

Bloke who sat near me on the kop for about 10 years in the mid 90s to early 2000’s

Would at some point every game bellow out
DON’T JUST STAND THEERE KILL HIM” at one of our players, usually when the opposition were taking a throw in.

Mick Adams' brother - Bloke who sits at the back of H. Gets in ten minutes late every match. Spitting image of Micky Adams, possibly some relation.
That made me remember - Gazza's Dad.

Bloke who used to stand on the kop behind us, who looked like an older Paul Gascoigne. For some reason, don't ask why, we thought that seeing him would guarantee us a win (???), so if we were losing or playing badly, me and my mate would be looking around, desperately trying to clock his fizzog in the crowd...

The bloke who I once accidentally spat bits of chewed pear on his bald head cos I laughed at a the worst corner United had ever taken during the Warnock era.

The I've gotta open up bloke who left every game early to open up a shop. Presume it was a sweet shop cos he always handed out Haribo.

Do 'im. To 'im. Don't foul him bloke.

Going back a bit, haven't been to Brammall Lane since 2008 (Year I moved abroad).

But when I went, there were a few me and my mate had nicknames for.

Vince: He was just a normal guy but he had Vince McMahons hair

Ah Man: When someone had a shot that went miles over and evetyone shouted "Ahhhh!" He kept shouting it by himself for like a minute after.

The brothers: Two brothers, might be twins. Looked similar but one a bit shorter and slightly bolder. They were always annoyed.

Trousers: Didnt sit near us we saw him waiting for the bus going home. His trousers were always falling down.

Annoying kid: He was an annoying kid who badgered his dad with annoying questions and comments.

Back
Top Bottom