Nicknames for Fans (you do not know)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sounds like Darryl Bentley. “And it’s theeeeere, yes. A super goal by Agana.” Won’t hear a bad word said against his commentary style; it’s a big part of my United supporting childhood. Lovely stuff. Sorry, “Super stuff”

There’s a bloke who sits in my seat on the South Stand - I call him the scapegoat.

Anyway, I also explained away the wanker suffix on an earlier page, and still maintain it was you that started it. Probably.
There's a full match somewhere on YouTube, probably the 2 0 v Wolves 1988, and this guy starts with "an' Sheffield Unaatid in their infamous red un waat straaps."

Sounds like Darryl Bentley. “And it’s theeeeere, yes. A super goal by Agana.” Won’t hear a bad word said against his commentary style; it’s a big part of my United supporting childhood. Lovely stuff. Sorry, “Super stuff”

There’s a bloke who sits in my seat on the South Stand - I call him the scapegoat.

Anyway, I also explained away the wanker suffix on an earlier page, and still maintain it was you that started it. Probably.
Think it was the Barnsley home game where Agana scored in the last minute.

Pretty sure the commentary went something like Agana, can he chip him? HE CAN.

Nothing wrong with that you might say apart from the fact Agana rolled the ball along the floor past the keeper.

Certainly the lowest chipping of a goalkeeper in history 😀

Back in the mid 80s, when I first started going to away games with my mates rather than my dad, we'd go on the buses from Headquarters, then progressed to Sportsman as the decade progressed. One of my mates used to make up names for regulars on the bus that he didn't know accompanied by a chant/song for them.

One was "Joe 90", he looked like Joe 90 and the chant was "Joe, Joe, Joe 9-0, Joe, Joe, Joe 9-0, ..." Another was either "Killer" or "Yorkshire Ripper", he had a beard like the Yorkshire Ripper (or even Paul Stanicliffe) and the chant would be "Killllllller" or "Ripppppper". One other was "Gay Giggsy", had glasses, looked gay and the chant was "Gaaayyy Gigggsssssyyy". I'm sure there were others, in fact if you're reading Worksop Blade, I'm sure he had one for you, but can't quite think of it/them at the minute.

How those long winter trips down south just used to fly by!!!

You must have been on the same buses as me then! Mind you I was more an early 90's Sportsman traveller.

I remember Joe 90 and Ripper. We also had 'Red Trow' - a guy who wore the same baseball jacket, cap and bright red trousers to every game.

You must have been on the same buses as me then! Mind you I was more an early 90's Sportsman traveller.

I remember Joe 90 and Ripper. We also had 'Red Trow' - a guy who wore the same baseball jacket, cap and bright red trousers to every game.

Yeah I was still going with Sportsman up to mid/even late 90s.

I recall hearing that, think at Barnsley, and assumed it was a local. Mind you knowing production values back then they probably used the same crowd noise for all the games.
They did. It was 100 Years 100 Goals from 1988-1989. I know it was on at least three of the games on there. One was Notts County away - I'll have to watch it again to remember the rest.

That reminds me, Deadbat and myself have often found ourselves on the same row as The Piss Family Robinson on a number of away trips.

I must admit, I do apply it willy-nilly to any group of people who go to the toilet a lot mid-game… but it’s memorably been the same set of slackbladders a few times, including one that was actually a family, and a gang of lads who always had too many pre-match refreshments, and were led by the previously mentioned Apology Boy.

“Betting App Man” gangway E of the Kop spent the entire last two matches looking at the betting app on his phone.. (although today to be fair i don’t blame him)

No ones got a nickname for brewsters cost millions as he's never been to lane

Mr and Mrs potato head, both of them heads like potatoes. Absolutely massive and can't see for half the game.

“Mr Angry for a short time” in Block B of the NSS. Lost it completely about Hourihane in the first ten minutes then never heard another peep out of him.

New one for me today and only one match-worth of fun so maybe not a valid every…
Unfortunately I couldn’t sit where I usually sit ( I am non-season ticket scum), but delighted to encounter ‘fukkin gerowderit blades’ this afternoon.
If he said it once, he said it a thousand times.
Like one of those dolls with a string you pull to make it talk. Except with just one phrase.
Not an entirely unlikeable chap so wouldn’t be gutted if we crossed paths in the future.
Unlike the fat smelly cunts in front of me - although if we do, I will most certainly mention them on here.

The Brothers Grimm - two very similar looking chaps in their 30's that sit on the kop and go to most away games. Dark hair and look like they need a bloody good wash.
The tall identical twins? I've seen these at away games and around BDTBL for years. Agreed that they always look like they need a wash and also that their clothes are a size too big.

The tall identical twins? I've seen these at away games and around BDTBL for years. Agreed that they always look like they need a wash and also that their clothes are a size too big.

That's them. Always together and never mix with anybody else home or away.
I'll let them know.

Andy and Chris they're called. Already been mentioned further up in the thread.

I can only tell them apart when they're together. Chris is slightly bigger than Andy (in the same way that Christopher is a longer name than Andrew 😂)

They are a little odd but not in a bad way.

Fusty
Sits in front of us on the Kop.
He fucking stinks. Not BO, not shit just fusty. Like he sleeps in the woods. Like he washes his clothes in the Don and doesn't let them dry properly. When he stands up it concentrates the stench as he sits back down. He fucking hammers. I keep expecting to see a cloud of fust above him like that kid on Charlie Brown. Its horrible.

Have I mentioned he fucking stinks?

I'll let them know.

Andy and Chris they're called. Already been mentioned further up in the thread.

I can only tell them apart when they're together. Chris is slightly bigger than Andy (in the same way that Christopher is a longer name than Andrew 😂)

They are a little odd but not in a bad way.
One has put some timber on, now using a walking stick. See at cricket matches too… last one at Bristol day before City away at Easter.

Following on from my thread (United u23's v Hull 23's) about the fan that I dubbed Mumbled Man, I got thinking and thought about the number of Blades fans I have sat with in different season ticket seats or seen on trips away from home. It may be at the pub or just in passing that you often see.

I have to be careful as some may be on here. I am sure people have seen me and have a name for me as well (report knob etc) but wondered if other fans have names / nicknames for fans around them or that they see; funny how you often never get their names and can sit with them for years!?

Some may seem nasty but they are not really and no offence really meant. All meant jovially, Care to share anyone else who does this?

Over the years I / my wide / mates have names of fans as follows.....

The Manager - Guy who sits behind me in the stand and is obsessed with tactics, sayign what formation we are playing and discussing subs even after 5 minutes.

Fart Brigade - Guy with silver hair and glasses who always goes away. Few conversations he has had with his party he seems obsessed with real ale and Wetherspoons. Sat behind him at Blackburn and he was breaking wind constantly and grinning. To the point where everyone around him felt sick. Others seems to be as bad but he was head fart henchman. Hence the name.

Lawnmower man - Man who sits near us who seems to be high up in this trade travellling the world selling aformentioned products. Disappears for weeks to the States etc and then pops up again. Nice guy actually.

The twins - Two ahem...twins that go home and away that seem to be continually with each other whether in the pub, on the train or at the game.

Hat w*****r - Sure she is a nice woman but the one who wears the hat with all the badges. Harsh she got the W. I blame my mate.

Simos mate - Someone who over that season was a Simonsen apologist to the fact it was ridiculous even in the face of error after error.

Scunny lads - Two decent lads who were brothers who used to come from Scunny and sit near us on the Kop for 4 or 5 years. Never got their names. Just knew they came from Scunny.

Annoying face - Always seems to be pop up, grinning. Mid 20's. Does not seem to have any friends or anyone he is with most weeks; just latches on to whoever Got a really silly gurning face and often shouts ridiculous things out. Mainly on away trains or pubs.

Beer Machine - He got this name as he used to go the Beer Engine and come in late but he dubbed it the Beer Machine. Used to always come in late, drunk and talking of strippers. Most of his stories were utter crap.

Will think of some more....

Angriest bloke in the entire world - Sits right at the back of the south stand , ive sat near some shouters at the match in my years but this bloke is by far the angriest man I have sat within radius of

Fusty
He fucking stinks. Not BO, not shit just fusty. Like he sleeps in the woods. Like he washes his clothes in the Don and doesn't let them dry properly. When he stands up it concentrates the stench as he sits back down. He fucking hammers. I keep expecting to see a cloud of fust above him like that kid on Charlie Brown. Its horrible.

Excellent 😂😂👍

Fusty

You ever come across the guy in the wheelchair who drinks on London Road? Wow. The landlord had to have him removed as he was chasing customers away

And unlike your man, this guy DOES stink of shit

Angriest bloke in the entire world - Sits right at the back of the south stand , ive sat near some shouters at the match in my years but this bloke is by far the angriest man I have sat within radius of
Oh , I don’t know, there’s someone on the Kop, not regular, but when he’s there he’s Effing , Jeffing and CXXTin after 10 minutes , he’s that loud he can clean the wax from yer lugs no problem. He was there on Saturday , 4 nil up and still angry and bellowing.
Glad he ain’t a regular.

Early 80's front of kop behind the goal old fella talked/sounded like he was pinching his nose (blocking his nostrils) all he ever said was ........ Come on you reds at the top of his voice

The Swiss Family Haircut.
Obviously not Swiss but were regularly seen on the Kop a few years ago.
Father, mother and 2 offspring all had identical short ginger hair "styles".
I think you must have stood with me and PJ, Mutts. I remember Swiss Family Haircut, in fact I think it was me who named them. 🤣

Didn't they all have similar kagouls as well? Not matching but very similar.

And what about Gazza's Dad? Remember him? Looked like an older version of Paul Gascoigne.

More than likely Jon. When loads of us used to sit up near the back of the kop. Do you remember the bloke with the big nose who hated Vinnie Jones?
JOOOOOOOONNNNNEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom