Nicknames for Fans (you do not know)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The Wanker. South stand gangway G. Near the front. Baldish head. Walks down to seat throwing random wanker signs at away fans. Randomly stands up to throw a wanker sign at nobody. Guess what, i think he is actually a wanker

Knew who you meant straight away. Reminds me a bit of Joe Absolom.

He looks off his head most games and just wanders around at the front gesticulating.

The drugs don't work lad.

Or maybe the drugs wear off lad.

Sits on his own and is usually very quiet and says nothing. Then out of nowhere with 15 minutes to go he suddenly jumps up and has a massive rant at the players/manager/ref.

Disappointed this season that ‘Fuck off’ man from the BLUT no longer goes / has died / sits elsewhere.
That’s all I ever heard him say or shout and was effortlessly used in both positive and negative circumstances (although usually negative)
He must have been at least 65 and extremely angry 95% of the time. My kids were utterly delighted and often mesmerised by him. They now spend half the match scanning the stand in the hope they can find him again.

South Stand?, F Block?, if so, it sounds like a bloke I mentioned on this thread a while ago. When Coutts did something great, he would shout "Fuck off, Coutts!", in an angry voice. Once, when Duffy came on, did some magic, but it didn't end in a goal, this bloke was shouting "Fuck off, Duffy", while everyone else was applauding.

He is still on South Stand, so (thinking about it) it can't be him you mean! (sorry).

South Stand?, F Block?, if so, it sounds like a bloke I mentioned on this thread a while ago. When Coutts did something great, he would shout "Fuck off, Coutts!", in an angry voice. Once, when Duffy came on, did some magic, but it didn't end in a goal, this bloke was shouting "Fuck off, Duffy", while everyone else was applauding.

He is still on South Stand, so (thinking about it) it can't be him you mean! (sorry).
I' ve shouted some godawful things at matches, often going purple with rage after a combination of shit refereeing, goals or fouls by the opposition, etc. Screamed stuff like, 'go on, get back to wanking you fucking piece of shit, you fucking absolute bellend.." Meanwhile pre teens with dad, stop and look back, I then mutter at no one" fuck off" while wishing I could slip into a hole in the ground.

He may have taken a brief sojourn to the BLUT as I’ve not seen him this season and only recall seeing him last few games of the promotion season come to think of it.

Back in the mid 80s, when I first started going to away games with my mates rather than my dad, we'd go on the buses from Headquarters, then progressed to Sportsman as the decade progressed. One of my mates used to make up names for regulars on the bus that he didn't know accompanied by a chant/song for them.

One was "Joe 90", he looked like Joe 90 and the chant was "Joe, Joe, Joe 9-0, Joe, Joe, Joe 9-0, ..." Another was either "Killer" or "Yorkshire Ripper", he had a beard like the Yorkshire Ripper (or even Paul Stanicliffe) and the chant would be "Killllllller" or "Ripppppper". One other was "Gay Giggsy", had glasses, looked gay and the chant was "Gaaayyy Gigggsssssyyy". I'm sure there were others, in fact if you're reading Worksop Blade, I'm sure he had one for you, but can't quite think of it/them at the minute.

How those long winter trips down south just used to fly by!!!

Back in the mid 80s, when I first started going to away games with my mates rather than my dad, we'd go on the buses from Headquarters, then progressed to Sportsman as the decade progressed. One of my mates used to make up names for regulars on the bus that he didn't know accompanied by a chant/song for them.

One was "Joe 90", he looked like Joe 90 and the chant was "Joe, Joe, Joe 9-0, Joe, Joe, Joe 9-0, ..." Another was either "Killer" or "Yorkshire Ripper", he had a beard like the Yorkshire Ripper (or even Paul Stanicliffe) and the chant would be "Killllllller" or "Ripppppper". One other was "Gay Giggsy", had glasses, looked gay and the chant was "Gaaayyy Gigggsssssyyy". I'm sure there were others, in fact if you're reading Worksop Blade, I'm sure he had one for you, but can't quite think of it/them at the minute.

How those long winter trips down south just used to fly by!!!
As I was reading wondered if I’d got one 🤣.

He may have taken a brief sojourn to the BLUT as I’ve not seen him this season and only recall seeing him last few games of the promotion season come to think of it.

He was there for the Bournemouth game (at least the bloke I am talking about), he did give the ref plenty of "Fuck off Ref!", which was deserved, and after that it was mainly "Fuck off Stevens!", aimed at Enda.

Mr Angry, sits opposite me with his wife. Every bad pass from united is greeted by "For f**k sake" and he stands up and kicks the seat in front. His face goes red with anger every time.

Robert Snodgrass’s nemesis

Sits on south stand near the front.
Has his own personal duel with Snodgrass
Loves to give him abuse
But doesn’t like it when snodgrass calls him baldie
Got the last laugh when his goal was ruled out for Declan rice puddings goal.

He’s great.
Between F & G steps near the front?

Was reminded of this bloke this weekend. Stood on the kop way back in the 80s, and he responded to everything with "bloody brilliant blades". Miss an open goal, BBB; score a blinder, BBB the only difference was the tone of delivery. As he bellowed for everything with a 3B somebody gave him the nickname "gratis".

I think at some point in the late 80s, early 90s he stopped coming or moved. I remember somebody asking, weers gratis?

Ronnie O’Sullivan.

A lookalike on South Stand nearest away end. Spent entire games gesturing at away end.

69 man who sits in front of us. Normally see him on the concourse before the game but he is always late into his seat. He leaves early for half time and is late coming back afterwards. He then leaves early. Reckon he sees about 69 mins of any game.

We used to have picnic family in front of us when we sat in the family stand. Sainsbury's bags full of scran.

Snorter used to sit next to us. Always snuffling and snorting. Drove my mate mad 🤣

And finally Perv used to sit behind us. Guy in his 50's giving the 2 young girls in the next seats his best chat. His catch phrase every week as HT approached was " got to go it's laaaaager time"

Groper Girl - aged early 20s, she walked along an entire block / row on the kop and had a feel / grab of each blokes cock, including mine. It was before kick off so everyone was standing.
The old man a few seats down had a right smile on his face. I was just stunned.

Didn’t see her again - maybe it was for a bet.

Fuck sake thought I was being subtle :(

She's married to royalty donchaknow

I retreated and said she seems nice actually. Think it was Webding that harshly gave her that title. That's my excuse/thrown him under the bus anyway.

Married to John Garrett from the programme, museum,tours etc?

Don’t post often, just skim read through for the most part but this thread is superb.

Here’s a contribution…

He’s not been there for a couple of seasons now, always used to stand on the Kop. We called him ‘Shouty Man’ as all he did was shout (mostly) poor efforts at humorous insults and lots of swear words.
Think he once jumped out, shouted something that got a good reception and then seemed to try to replicate it every week after but never quite reached those heights of the first attempt again.

Now we have ‘Premature’ a few rows in front of us. Started as ‘early riser’ but since evolved into premature as it doesn’t take much to set him off jumping up out of his seat. But like with all things premature, it’s all done with a bit of a whimper. Not helped by him looking like the 4th InBetweener…

Mr Angry, sits opposite me with his wife. Every bad pass from united is greeted by "For f**k sake" and he stands up and kicks the seat in front. His face goes red with anger every time.
A big bloke with dark hair in South stand?

Was reminded of this bloke this weekend. Stood on the kop way back in the 80s, and he responded to everything with "bloody brilliant blades". Miss an open goal, BBB; score a blinder, BBB the only difference was the tone of delivery. As he bellowed for everything with a 3B somebody gave him the nickname "gratis".

I think at some point in the late 80s, early 90s he stopped coming or moved. I remember somebody asking, weers gratis?
On some late 80s vids by United, on many clips a, bloke yelling " bloody brilliant Sheffield" during various games.

The Grumbler sits behind me in the SS, Block B.
Moans about everything & everyone….
If they don’t shoot & pass it instead, they should have shot. If they shoot & it goes anywhere but in the net, they should have passed it.
Lino & ref - they get everything wrong. Even when they don’t.
McBurnie - he cops it for literally everything.
Subs - wrong player on & off.
Norwood - gives it away every time apparently.
Any pass sideways or backwards - wrong ball, “pass it forwards”.
Any misplaced forward pass - “ don’t give it away”
And last week he grumbled about a Bournemouth player grumbling. Priceless.
He sits with his son who’s resorted to just saying “Dad - he can’t hear you”.

Also, used to be a bloke on the South Stand looked a bit like a young John Travolta. Dyed black, swept back hair, grey leather jacket.
We called him Stayin’ Alive & I wonder if he has or not as not seen him for ages.

On some late 80s vids by United, on many clips a, bloke yelling " bloody brilliant Sheffield" during various games.

I recall hearing that, think at Barnsley, and assumed it was a local. Mind you knowing production values back then they probably used the same crowd noise for all the games.

I recall hearing that, think at Barnsley, and assumed it was a local. Mind you knowing production values back then they probably used the same crowd noise for all the games.
I think they did.
And that rather intellectually challenged commentator with the dense Yorkshire accent. Just where did they dig that up from?
"Agaaanerrr.. Can e do it? E can.. An e cannnn.."

I think they did.
And that rather intellectually challenged commentator with the dense Yorkshire accent. Just where did they dig that up from?
"Agaaanerrr.. Can e do it? E can.. An e cannnn.."

Sounds like Darryl Bentley. “And it’s theeeeere, yes. A super goal by Agana.” Won’t hear a bad word said against his commentary style; it’s a big part of my United supporting childhood. Lovely stuff. Sorry, “Super stuff”

I retreated and said she seems nice actually. Think it was Webding that harshly gave her that title. That's my excuse/thrown him under the bus anyway.

Married to John Garrett from the programme, museum,tours etc?

There’s a bloke who sits in my seat on the South Stand - I call him the scapegoat.

Anyway, I also explained away the wanker suffix on an earlier page, and still maintain it was you that started it. Probably.

Back
Top Bottom