Nicknames for Fans (you do not know)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Years back, when we were on the old kop, standing. A bloke who stood near us , 'Onion sauce' .
Lots of games he'd be pissed, and occasionally put his arms in the air , shout 'Onion sauce at 45' , and launch himself through the crowd .

Up until about five years ago there was a Friendly Old Black Lady who stood outside her house on Woodhead Road, who said hello to everyone as they walked to the ground and goodbye as we walked home. We used to say that she was the person who counted the attendance (probably no less accurately than some of the official attendances over the years (allegedly)). Sadly, she appears to be no longer around. Unless she has given up on the Blades as well.
I remember her. Saying hello to everyone after the match. Just off London rd.

Following on from my thread (United u23's v Hull 23's) about the fan that I dubbed Mumbled Man, I got thinking and thought about the number of Blades fans I have sat with in different season ticket seats or seen on trips away from home. It may be at the pub or just in passing that you often see.

I have to be careful as some may be on here. I am sure people have seen me and have a name for me as well (report knob etc) but wondered if other fans have names / nicknames for fans around them or that they see; funny how you often never get their names and can sit with them for years!?

Some may seem nasty but they are not really and no offence really meant. All meant jovially, Care to share anyone else who does this?

Over the years I / my wide / mates have names of fans as follows.....

The Manager - Guy who sits behind me in the stand and is obsessed with tactics, sayign what formation we are playing and discussing subs even after 5 minutes.

Fart Brigade - Guy with silver hair and glasses who always goes away. Few conversations he has had with his party he seems obsessed with real ale and Wetherspoons. Sat behind him at Blackburn and he was breaking wind constantly and grinning. To the point where everyone around him felt sick. Others seems to be as bad but he was head fart henchman. Hence the name.

Lawnmower man - Man who sits near us who seems to be high up in this trade travellling the world selling aformentioned products. Disappears for weeks to the States etc and then pops up again. Nice guy actually.

The twins - Two ahem...twins that go home and away that seem to be continually with each other whether in the pub, on the train or at the game.

Hat w*****r - Sure she is a nice woman but the one who wears the hat with all the badges. Harsh she got the W. I blame my mate.

Simos mate - Someone who over that season was a Simonsen apologist to the fact it was ridiculous even in the face of error after error.

Scunny lads - Two decent lads who were brothers who used to come from Scunny and sit near us on the Kop for 4 or 5 years. Never got their names. Just knew they came from Scunny.

Annoying face - Always seems to be pop up, grinning. Mid 20's. Does not seem to have any friends or anyone he is with most weeks; just latches on to whoever Got a really silly gurning face and often shouts ridiculous things out. Mainly on away trains or pubs.

Beer Machine - He got this name as he used to go the Beer Engine and come in late but he dubbed it the Beer Machine. Used to always come in late, drunk and talking of strippers. Most of his stories were utter crap.

Will think of some more....
Ain't seen annoying face for years.
Trying to escape him was difficult once engaged.
One geezer in BLUT v Blackpool years ago, droning on about tactics to the point I fled at half time and found a vantage point where I looked down, pitying the next victim.

I haven't got a nickname because I only saw him at yesterday's match at Coventry, but there was a guy getting very red faced who kept shouting, "I'm not accepting this, we can't play like we did on Tuesday and then like this today. I'm not accepting it." Someone asked what he was going to do about it but he didn't answer and just got more red faced and angrier!

I haven't got a nickname because I only saw him at yesterday's match at Coventry, but there was a guy getting very red faced who kept shouting, "I'm not accepting this, we can't play like we did on Tuesday and then like this today. I'm not accepting it." Someone asked what he was going to do about it but he didn't answer and just got more red faced and angrier!
Arise, Sir Angry McRedface!

Oh no, it's me AGAIN!

Actually, it's only me if I said out loud what I was thinking.

Disappointed this season that ‘Fuck off’ man from the BLUT no longer goes / has died / sits elsewhere.
That’s all I ever heard him say or shout and was effortlessly used in both positive and negative circumstances (although usually negative)
He must have been at least 65 and extremely angry 95% of the time. My kids were utterly delighted and often mesmerised by him. They now spend half the match scanning the stand in the hope they can find him again.

Disappointed this season that ‘Fuck off’ man from the BLUT no longer goes / has died / sits elsewhere.
That’s all I ever heard him say or shout and was effortlessly used in both positive and negative circumstances (although usually negative)
He must have been at least 65 and extremely angry 95% of the time. My kids were utterly delighted and often mesmerised by him. They now spend half the match scanning the stand in the hope they can find him again.
All this time you've been saying to the kids "who you're looking for" and they've replied "Fuck Off, Dad". You've then smiled to yourself and gone "Bless 'em", totally oblivious 😁

That's a thing on BLUT and Westfield corner. Anyone rising beyond a polite round of applause for a goal is stared at like they just arrived from outer space.

All this time you've been saying to the kids "who you're looking for" and they've replied "Fuck Off, Dad". You've then smiled to yourself and gone "Bless 'em", totally oblivious 😁
They just refer to him as ‘that really angry man’ then I watch as they try to stifle amusement but their shoulders bouncing up and down and big cheesy grins tells me that they enjoy his outbursts as much as me.

'Stay on your feet Colquhoun/Kenworthy Murphy/Morgan/Collins/Egan' (insert current centre half), shouted whenever a CH is trying to hold up a forward with the ball. Sits 2 rows behind, but I actually know the guy.

Eeyore man used to sit on south stand, maybe he still does. Would shout EEYORE EEYORE at a pretty impressive volume every time an opposition player made a mistake to our great amusement.

My current favourite is Jazz Hands Man. Sits near the bottom of the kop and jumps up to do jazz hands every time the opposition miss a shot.

Didn't have a name for him but we used to play Twat Bingo using a rather vocal person who sits in our vicinity. We used to chuck in 50p per randomly drawn well used phrase,which we'd written out beforehand, and the first one he used the holder of that card won the pot.
It started out with just the three of us but escalated in to several other supporters, all sat near him, joining in. Not sure if he ever had a clue but he's still there spouting the same old tired shit.

Eeyore man used to sit on south stand, maybe he still does. Would shout EEYORE EEYORE at a pretty impressive volume every time an opposition player made a mistake to our great amusement.

My current favourite is Jazz Hands Man. Sits near the bottom of the kop and jumps up to do jazz hands every time the opposition miss a shot.
oh ahh i remeber him also does the na na nana na when oppo make a mistake

theres one on south stand goes down steps from G Block sits near bottom and without fail will do a wanker hand signal to the oppo fans when walking up and down the steps

hes now christened wanker hands

also theres a proper good looking woman also on south stand same area dark hair who is know as " good old un" (shes probably no older than me) hope to god shes not Bev off football heaven as it will shatter my fantasies

It can't b bev from futi hev cos she can't afford sky n dunt have a telly cos she can't afford TV license
oh ahh i remeber him also does the na na nana na when oppo make a mistake

theres one on south stand goes down steps from G Block sits near bottom and without fail will do a wanker hand signal to the oppo fans when walking up and down the steps

hes now christened wanker hands

also theres a proper good looking woman also on south stand same area dark hair who is know as " good old un" (shes probably no older than me) hope to god shes not Bev off football heaven as it will shatter my fantasies

He now sits in the family stand and still does his donkey shout and sits directly behind me, took him some carrots one week but he didn't accept the offer.

“Micky Adams” back of H block. Spitting image of our ex manager (could well be related), always turns up at least 10 minutes late.

does anyone sit near that sean and ian Eckington /Blackpool blade that constantly ring up radio Sheffield cos them two cunts need to get a life
I usually don't like to criticise Blades but you two I make an exception I rarely listen now even Pitsmoor pig and Mick the Rawmarsh owl have more Charisma ?
Ian’s a legend in his own mind. For some reason he refers regularly to his mate Sean who rings up as well.

His mate Sean is incapable of saying anything without the addition of “it’s like” and then making no comparison with anything. I once counted 20 of them in one call, but I do have a lot of time on my hands.

'Pork Pie man' on the kop. Always brought a bag of pork pies that he gave to those around him at half time.

Crabs 🦀 man

One eyed custard gun man

Norwood shit man

I love Sitwell man

Crabs 🦀 man

One eyed custard gun man

Norwood shit man

I love Sitwell man
If it's the same crabs man, he sat near pork pie man. No, thinking about it, of course it's the same crabs man, how many Blades fans would bring crabs claws to a game and proudly display them!

If it's the same crabs man, he sat near pork pie man. No, thinking about it, of course it's the same crabs man, how many Blades fans would bring crabs claws to a game and proudly display them!
All the same man

Good old Bev, comments on the Blades games as though she's an expert. But base's her knowledge on purely listening to radio Sheffield
So does Pommpey (ffs , only kidding)

Back
Top Bottom