Nicknames for Fans (you do not know)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We have wobbly bloke near us. An old guy in a flatcap who struggles to get up the steps on South Stand. Always goes for a piss on 75 minutes. Then when he comes back from the bog. He wobbles up the steps, pausing on nearly every step. Always loses his balance at some point and wobbles backwards. Which results in whoever is on the end of the row where he wobbles diving out of their seat to rescue him. In a weird way its more entertaining than the game. Really missed wobbly guy.

I copped for a family who all decided to complain at how late the flag went up for Wood when Ramsdale saved it. All of them were agreeing with each other and shouting at the officials questioning why the flag was so late. Its almost like this was the first football game they've watched this season
I got irrationally pissed off with that decision though. What I don’t get is if the keeper is injured saving the shot then where is the sense in carrying on? If that happens then the injured player should be able to smack the linesman.

There was a guy in front of me with his young daughter and he had one of those big sponge hands ,they were loving it and I saw they were on the telly on match of the day ,I was inches out of shot thank god.
Were you on John Street stand?

I got irrationally pissed off with that decision though. What I don’t get is if the keeper is injured saving the shot then where is the sense in carrying on? If that happens then the injured player should be able to smack the linesman.
To be fair to the lino da it was tighter than it originally looked.

Fart arse
Used to sit at the back of the kop farting all match after supping Guinness pre match.
He's emigrated to Spain now

The smellies husband and wife team my they dint half pong..could have sworn flies followed them round. I was in the car park nearby with my mate when the husband part of the smellies ran up to TC and said can I take your photo. Classic answer TC said “Do you think I’m a fucking model” TC grinned at us as he walked by classic moment
Best one though on a bus to a game I set up one of my mates everyone was in on it apart from my mate and the smellies we got on bus and the smellies always sat in the back seat all seats were taken and my mate got on the bus last had to sit in the long back seat next to the window crammed in by the husband and wife team really stinking they were he had that seat there and back l think he was immune by the time he got off 😂 rear of the bus was proper stinking this was early 90’s...They sat near front in the Kop always a couple of vacated seats next to them

Last edited:
Grim reaper.
Probably dead now as it was around late 90's.
At least once a game, usually during the second half would say "break his fucking leg so I can go for a piss". Then looks at his mate for an explosion of laughter that never came.

The Chrissy Wilder, goes to every game, home and away, fully kitted out in a faded 98 home kit, face painted red and white, daft red n white jesters hat. Goes fucking mental when score, knee slides down the steps and tries to get on pitch to celebrate with the players. Immediately fucks off home if we concede

Gobby Woman (late 1980's early 1990's), used to sit in South Stand gang row F just to right of entrance just below where the players wives/players freebie ticket holders used to sit. She was about 5/6 rows behind where we used to have our season tickets. She looked as rough as a badgers arse and because it used to be relatively quiet where we sat you could hear her foghorn. She never used to swear but she used to come up with some right colourful non swearing language.

Gobby Woman (late 1980's early 1990's), used to sit in South Stand gang row F just to right of entrance just below where the players wives/players freebie ticket holders used to sit. She was about 5/6 rows behind where we used to have our season tickets. She looked as rough as a badgers arse and because it used to be relatively quiet where we sat you could hear her foghorn. She never used to swear but she used to come up with some right colourful non swearing language.
Last seen trying to buy xboxes in Leicester.

Blades v Norwich last season (19/20)

Went by miself, ended up sat right next to two Norwegian fellas who'd come to see Sander, and also this bald bloke who was dead annoying at first but ended up hilarious!

He was giving all the Norwich players shit when they were warming up, my favourite was...

"HERE, SANDER"

(Sander, warming up next to the Norwich number 4, looks over)

"TAP THAT NUMBER 4 AND TELL HIM HES WANK"

Will take that memory to my grave with me 😂
He was at it through the whole match...

"NUMBER 18 - I DONT KNOW WHY YOURE WARMING UP - YOURE WANNNNNK!"

"NUMBER 18 - YOUR MISSUS LOVES IT WHEN YOU PLAY AWAY - COS SO DOES SHE"

"ERE NUMBER 18, WHICH WAY TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP?!"

Spare a thought for Norwich's then-number 18, Marco Stiepermann, who genuinely looked like he wanted to drop dead 😅

South Stand West, if anyone knows him tell him he's comedy gold!

The Quiet Killer. Always seen at away games. Bloke in his late forties early fifties, never speaks, always alone, who makes cutthroat gestures to home fans throughout the game.

Looks like he’s capable of it though.....
Early 60’s actually, I just look younger😉

I always remember an older fella, think he used to bring his shopping with him and always went to the games alone. He sat right down in the bottom left corner of the Kop just in from the first gangway in line with the first row on the South Stand. Me, my Dad, my Grandad and a few others who met up on matchday used to sit further back near the white post. Every time the attendance was announced he'd moan "oh we can do better than that, come on United". I think he used to leave at about 89 minutes too. I never had a nickname for him, I guess it could be the moaning old bloke but that could be quite a few people at the Lane.

This was the mid-90's, t'old lad probably isn't with us anymore.

The careworn Dr. Ponderous guy, black hair in a mop, carrier bags, occasionally a stethoscope around shoulders. Kop veteran.

STICK TAPPER
old bloke with a metal walking stick who continuously taps it on the floor throughout the game.
It's really annoying.

Live in fear of this thread in case I turn up on it one day. 🤣
im fine, as i didnt have anyone sat in seats either side of me & my niece it had been that way all way back to David weir days. & then it became a running joke even in the sell out games the seats were free

im not complaining more legroom 😄😄

SILENT BLADE. No not him. The one who sits next to me and hardly ever speaks.

Football Friend - bloke in a Blade top drops a mask as we’re walking out the pub on Sunday. I pick it up and hand it back to him and he thanks me holding out his fist to bump and says “don’t leave me hanging”. “Oooh Football Friend” mocks the daughter as she walks past us on her way out.

View attachment 113781

I managed to grab a photo of one of them deep in conversation with Hecky on Sunday.

No idea which counterfeit Tindall it is.

Excellent work. good pinch (assuming it’s the same one) went one better and got the lot…

FT even helpfully has his initials on his boob to aid correct identification. Assuming he’s wearing the right clothes.

Back
Top Bottom