Nick Blackman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

yeah,just seen this bergs.
glad to be honest that wilson hasnt given up on striking options,though iv not seen much of this fella.

Need more striking options. I would have preferred someone a bit more tried and tested in this league though, like Beavon

I've seen this lad before....saw a couple of goals he scored whilst at Motherwell (says he scored 10 in 18 for them on wiki). He caused SPL defences some problems so perhaps he could in League One?

A few comments from a teammate at Motherwell some time ago:

Blackman then got lucky when his shot from outside the box deflected off Grant Munro and looped over keeper Ryan Esson and into the net ten minutes later.

Stuart Duff pulled one back for the Highlanders in the 75th minute with a fantastic long-range strike, but it was three points well deserved for the Fir Park side.

Hateley reckons they have to keep on–loan Blackburn striker Blackman, even if it wasn’t his best performance in the claret and amber.
mpu
The midfielder said: “It was great for Nick to get a goal. Sometimes those ones go over the stand and other times they go in the net.

“He worked hard up against two good centre-backs.

“It was always going to be a battle for him and sometimes our delivery wasn’t that great up to him.

“But he did what he had to do and got on the score-sheet as well. He has been great for us and hopefully he will stay longer when his loan spell is up.

“Everyone at the club wants to keep him here, including the fans, because he has scored so many important goals against the likes of Rangers and Hearts.

“He’s a good lad as well. He comes into his training, puts his head down and really gets on with the hard work.

“With that left foot of his, he must be one of the most entertaining players in the SPL when he’s in full flight.

“He’s got a good little trick in his locker and when you put the ball into his feet, more often than not, it sticks. From speaking to him it’s clear he’s very happy here, so fingers crossed he stays. He’s itching for it.

“At the end of the day he came here for regular first-team football like me and is thriving.”

Not sure what the obsession is with beavon, I think Blackman at 22 and 6'2 would be a better option than a guy who has had one good season.

Blackman scored 12 in 33 games while on loan at Motherwell and Aberdeen the season before last.

Ahhhh

“He needed to get his attitude right but no one could question his ability. It will be interesting to see how he develops at Ewood Park. We wish him well.”

“Nick has a wonderful opportunity and given he wasn’t guaranteed a first team place this season, it would have been wrong to stand in his way.

When Macclesfield sold him to Blackburn this is what Keith Alexander said

We know all about Cressy and Porter but the rest are very much unknown quantities and maybe more importantly, loanees. Not a path I thought we would tread again but needs must I guess.

We know all about Cressy and Porter but the rest are very much unknown quantities and maybe more importantly, loanees. Not a path I thought we would tread again but needs must I guess.

But surely we are looking to sign Blackman on a permanent deal?

He was really highly rated and judged to be the next big thing. We've seen this time and time before though. Big premiership club steel him from the lower leagues, put him in reserves then sell him on.

ala Jordan Slew..

Mind you, I think Blackman has more about him that Slew and we were a bit pissed when we lost him

Interesting.

BUT if we do sign him. Then who would DW have as his first choice 2?

And more importantly. what about the young players in our squad. DP & ET. Would they be loaned out again?

He's 6"2 so I'd think he's a longer term replacement for Cresswell/ Porter.

For all FIFA 12 fans out there - it's good to see that we are considering the signing of "a rather fast Blackman"

(for thsoe ITK - I am only aware of this because of Ken Jnr being so good at FIFA on xbox - well he is a student so he must have loads of time on his hands - that and he has to be good cos playing the Blades vs teams in the Prem makes you have to pass the ball to compete)

Star saying interest is being stepped up and surmising that the number 10 shirt is being saved for Blackman

When he was on loan at Blackpool a few seasons back he apparently scored on his full debut at the Lane in a 2-2 draw. Don't think I was there - anyone recall him impressing, in a Kabba-for-Grimsby-esque way?

I think it was him that scored a cracker at the Kop end.? Or it might have been somebody else, Ted. I don't know.....I'm confused now.....He was very small......or was he far away?

I remember it very, very vividly.

I have never forgotten his name, because he celebrated like a right tw*t in front of the kop thinking he was Billy Big Bollocks. Was a decent goal though..... :rolleyes:

looks good this lad.. needs to keep his temper under control though
(if you knew me you'd realise how funny that was Nick)

Good player from what I've seen and looks like he is willing to bust a gut, like him already

Heard from two different people today that we are in talks to bring him back on loan to the end of the season with a view to a permanent signing in the summer.

Not sure what I think about this as I am not usually a fan of ex players returning but I did like him first time around.

How good is the source? I would be happy with that, decent player at League One level and an upgrade to play alongside Baxter.

Back
Top Bottom