Next Season’s Captain.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not broken. Why change it?
Billy will be here, as will Norwood and Egan. Wilder has said numerous times he wants leaders throughout his team, and that’s what he’s got. Doesn’t matter who has the armband, there’s always captains all over the pitch.

I agree that there are leaders all over the pitch but, as a reward for his performances and to encourage him to stay, along with his obvious never EVER say die attitude, I think the armband would cement him in our back four. He is like Morgan but I believe he has even more skill. I also like a player who is captain to be the first name on the team sheet and, unfortunately, Billy isn’t that. Norwood is a great guy but I just feel Egan is more suited to the role.

You could pick almost any of them to be captain. We have real leaders and discipline out there, a real band of brothers if ever I saw one.

Not broken. Why change it?
Billy will be here, as will Norwood and Egan. Wilder has said numerous times he wants leaders throughout his team, and that’s what he’s got. Doesn’t matter who has the armband, there’s always captains all over the pitch.

But it is broken if the team captain is not on the pitch to start the game, he is on the bench most of the time. Not criticising ANY of the lads or Wilder. Jut putting an opinion out there. I just think an immediate name on the team sheet is preferable as a captain.

But it is broken if the team captain is not on the pitch to start the game, he is on the bench most of the time. Not criticising ANY of the lads or Wilder. Jut putting an opinion out there. I just think an immediate name on the team sheet is preferable as a captain.
Our captain is our leader on and off the pitch. I think sharp is the leader when on the pitch, our leader on the training ground and just as important our leader away from the game. We'll keep it as it is I think.

Our captain is our leader on and off the pitch. I think sharp is the leader when on the pitch, our leader on the training ground and just as important our leader away from the game. We'll keep it as it is I think.
He is a great leader. I just think that on the pitch, we may be able to improve on that leadership. Overall Billy has been a great captain and will always be a fantastic ambassador for our club.

All the players I've heard have said how big of an influence Norwood as captain is on the pitch, and you can hear it too. Doesn't need changing.

He is a great leader. I just think that on the pitch, we may be able to improve on that leadership. Overall Billy has been a great captain and will always be a fantastic ambassador for our club.

As Gareth says, being a captain is more than 90 minutes on a pitch. Sharp bleeds Red and White. I cannot think of a single minute of game time this year where i’ve thought“we’re lacking a leader on the pitch” as i fully agree with Wilder that we have them all over the pitch.
But as you rightly point out, football is often all about opinions!

Not sure why it needs changing.

Would love Bash to have it though

Back
Top Bottom