Player Suggestion Next "Big" Signing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Your asking me to do the job of a skilled recruitment team. I have hindsight so any names I given wouldn’t be fair.

But you must see my point we have spent £60million +. We have Mcburnie in the side. I’m sure they will get it right in this next window.
I am very excited about berge retsos and richario

Your asking me to do the job of a skilled recruitment team. I have hindsight so any names I given wouldn’t be fair.

But you must see my point we have spent £60million +. We have Mcburnie in the side. I’m sure they will get it right in this next window.

Ok, who would you have signed with the benefit of hindsight?

Personally I really rate McBurnie. Yes, he took a while to aclimatise to the style of play but I thought he improved in every performance after Nov.

Last edited:
Ok, who would you have signed with the benefit of hindsight?

Personally I really rate McBurnie. Yes, he took a while to aclimatise to the style of play but I thought he improved in every performance after Nov.

Yes I really rate Mcburnie too.

It is a bit of silly question? But ultimately L Freeman / C Robinson have hardly played and cost us over £10million.

As I say in hindsight it’s easy to be in my position. I could say we should have signed Mbeumo before he went to Brentford etc. So that point to the discussion seems irrelevant As I can search google in 2 minutes find all the cheap players that have done fantastic.

I’m sure in the summer they’ll sign some good players but to me it seems our policy of picking up bargains seems better than the newer policy of spending. Whether that’s us not spending it right or better knowledge in other areas.

It is a bit of silly question? But ultimately L Freeman / C Robinson have hardly played and cost us over £10million.

As I say in hindsight it’s easy to be in my position. I could say we should have signed Mbeumo before he went to Brentford etc. So that point to the discussion seems irrelevant As I can search google in 2 minutes find all the cheap players that have done fantastic.

I’m sure in the summer they’ll sign some good players but to me it seems our policy of picking up bargains seems better than the newer policy of spending. Whether that’s us not spending it right or better knowledge in other areas.
22 of that sixty was on berge who has played ,20 on mcburnie who has played and 10 on mousset who is top scorer
That accounts for fifty of the sixty million with the other ten being for Robinson and freeman who have both made positive contributions and would have doubled in value

Robinson and Freeman wouldn’t cost us a penny if we were to sell them tomorrow. The players we’ve signed will hold their value, it’s not a risk

Big signings might be on the backburner for a bit.

We just need to make sure we get Henderson back. And I'd like us to get a deal done for Retsos.

Then someone like Florinel Coman in attack would complete a good post Chinavirus window.

Most of the summer budget was spent on McBurnie, Mousset and Robinson. We already had Sharp and McGoldrick, 2 of our best performers last season. Did you expect us to go with 5 upfront this seaspn?

Apart from Berge,, who has not ben here long enough to judge, all of our other signings were at the bargain level, iincluding Freeman, who comes in if we need to change formation. Our results and league position this season suggest we haven't had to do that very often.

i think it's better to stand back and look at the wood, instead of over analysing individual trees.

Southampton will accept bids of around 10 million for Che Adams apparently , wonder if Wilder would be interested

I would snap their arm off for Che Adams at £10m. He still has so much potential. Pace, power, can play on his own, out wide, can dribble, can finish - he has all of the right attributes and provides a lot of options at the top of the field.

As a minimum, he could change things from the bench and would be a much stronger option than Callum Robinson.

He's not smart enough to play the McGoldrick linking role, but he would offer something different in that position.

I've been keen on bringing Che back since we went up.

Swapping Robinson for Adams would be a great move. Cost effective too.

We'd have our second pacy attacking option, which Robinson never was.

He's matured a lot so I'd have no problem with him returning now.

If he knocked in a couple against us in front of the Kop like he could have, it might have turned out very differently for him there.

I like Adams as a player but I have two main concerns - is he good enough (based on this season in isolation the answer at the moment would probably be no) and would he pass CW's knobhead test?

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to him returning but I would be surprised if he did - I think Watkins is far more likely to arrive even though he'd cost a lot more. I could imagine Adams going to Leeds though.

I like Adams as a player but I have two main concerns - is he good enough (based on this season in isolation the answer at the moment would probably be no) and would he pass CW's knobhead test?

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to him returning but I would be surprised if he did - I think Watkins is far more likely to arrive even though he'd cost a lot more. I could imagine Adams going to Leeds though.

The "nobhead test" is what I'm not sure on. He was a shithouse when he left us, but he was very young. He had a lot of responsibility on his shoulders to lead the line and he carried Birmingham really well. I think he scored 22 goals in an average team and a lot of them were individual efforts.

I think he's a much better option than Watkins (who scored a similar amount, in a much better team) as he has much better physicality. I think that's the one thing that did surprise me about the Premier League. You need to have a lot more strength at that level or you just get bullied out of it a la early McBurnie and Robinson.

BA is great. I really miss his stats based contributions on the podcast. However, he's not infallible. I remember he championed Kieran Dowell & Callum Robinson in big ways (presumably based on their stats) .

I've watched Eze several times and he doesn't pass the eye test. Poor work ethic and lacks substance to his play. He's got a great skillset, but he's miles away from being the influencer that McGoldrick is.

Adams should have stayed at the "much bigger" Birmingham City. Hopefully he trips on his fucking hoverboard again.

Last edited:
BA is great. I really miss his stats based contributions on the podcast. However, he's not infallible. I remember he championed Kieran Dowell & Callum Robinson in big ways (presumably based on their stats) .

I've watched Eze several times and he doesn't pass the eye test. Poor work ethic and lacks substance to his play. He's got a great skillset, but he's miles away from being the influencer that McGoldrick is.
Id say hes better than Mcgoldrick and ten years younger , if he plays in our team he'll go up a level aswell you'd think

The "nobhead test" is what I'm not sure on. He was a shithouse when he left us, but he was very young. He had a lot of responsibility on his shoulders to lead the line and he carried Birmingham really well. I think he scored 22 goals in an average team and a lot of them were individual efforts.

I think he's a much better option than Watkins (who scored a similar amount, in a much better team) as he has much better physicality. I think that's the one thing that did surprise me about the Premier League. You need to have a lot more strength at that level or you just get bullied out of it a la early McBurnie and Robinson.

Why was he a shithouse ? Are mcburnie/freeman/robinson all shithouses for going to teams in the league above and earning more wages ?

Last edited:
Id say hes better than Mcgoldrick and ten years younger , if he plays in our team he'll go up a level aswell you'd think

He will be go to tottenham, arsenal, chelsea or maybe even palace i reckon (ageing squad and would get starts), London boy and won't want to make the move up here

Why was he a shithouse ? Are mcburnie/freeman/robinson all shithouses for going to teams in the league above and earning more wages ?

He made a number of unsavoury tweets when he left inc. (if I recall correctly) retweeting Wednesday fans purporting to be a bigger club than us and generally giving it the big'n about moving up.

Fair enough, I respect your opinion. Eze, I accept, has an excellent skill set. He's explosive, has power, pace and trickery. He's certainly got immense potential. What I haven't seen from him is the footballing intelligence and workrate of McGoldrick.

McGoldrick puts in huge defensive shifts, he glides all over the field, picking the ball up in pockets of space and gets us up the field. He's then able to hold the ball in the final third, slow play down and allow us to get numbers up field. He rarely scores, or assists - but the value he brings to our play is huge.

I see very few players, even in the Premier League, who can do what McGoldrick does. Eze, from the games I've seen, doesn't have that ability.

He made a number of unsavoury tweets when he left inc. (if I recall correctly) retweeting Wednesday fans purporting to be a bigger club than us and generally giving it the big'n about moving up.

I dont remember that i remember he said he'd moved to a bigger club , and if he did say that im sure he was getting plenty of pelters before he said anything

Have you watched a lot of him? I honestly don't think he's anywhere near that level. McGoldrick is exceptional.
Eze is an epseptional talent but a bit of a luxury player Mcgoldrick is a grafter as well as being an excellent player.
We need more nous that's true and if Wilder thought he could make something of him then bring him in is my thoughts.In CWAK we trust.

I don't see where Eze would play in Utd's team. He couldn't play (and wouldn't get a game) in a flat middle 3 and isn't a natural striker to play up top. I think he'd be great in either a CAM role or playing either side in a front 3 that plays 4-3-3. I could see him going to Palace to replace Zaha when he moves on.

Only seen the clip, and yes, he seems decent with potential to burn, but isn't this why we bought Robinson?

Got to admit he's got guile and then some, a very talented player with cute moves and a good all-round awareness of when to pass.

I think the key will be Wilder describing how things are at United and what's expected, none of which should suggest the boy shouldn't express himself, but just as he learns there are ways to achieve what he, and we, are keen to make happen, then we might have bought ourselves a player who can orchestrate and help us become a top Prem team.

I don't see where Eze would play in Utd's team. He couldn't play (and wouldn't get a game) in a flat middle 3 and isn't a natural striker to play up top. I think he'd be great in either a CAM role or playing either side in a front 3 that plays 4-3-3. I could see him going to Palace to replace Zaha when he moves on.

He’s the closest thing to mcgoldrick I’ve seen and is as good and only 21.

Seen that he’s our no1 target whether we’d be able to get him I don’t know. Depends if bigger teams are after him.

He’s the closest thing to mcgoldrick I’ve seen and is as good and only 21.

Seen that he’s our no1 target whether we’d be able to get him I don’t know. Depends if bigger teams are after him.
where have u seen he's our #1 target?

Back
Top Bottom