Player Suggestion Next "Big" Signing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Most of the names mentioned on here, people haven't a clue how good they are or how they'd fit into our club.

Fifa, Football Index, YouTube etc suddenly makes everyone a scouting expert these days.

Most of the names mentioned on here, people haven't a clue how good they are or how they'd fit into our club.

Fifa, Football Index, YouTube etc suddenly makes everyone a scouting expert these days.
Might shock you, but people watch different leagues

Might shock you, but people watch different leagues

Doesn't shock me at all.

Been there done it.

However, the way some go off you'd have to think they spend their entire life watching back to back games from every league in Europe.

Fact is they see them once or twice, see some internet clips, see some stats or ratings, and decide they're an authority on them.

Bonus points for obscure names and random leagues.

If we qualified for europe, and prior to the start of euro 2020, we should seriously go after Piatek, ex of AC Milan, now of Hertha Berlin. He's 24 yrs old, an international quality forward, who has the skill set to play both for us & in the Prem and would cost about £25m. He's made a couple of bad career choices which have subdued his value.

This is a great shout... Definitely how we should be thinking! UTB

Jonathan David, replacing/upgrade of mcgoldrick. Also Kevin reugg from Zurich, rwb/cm. Good player.

Norway lads as we now have Sander to sweeten the deal.
Kristian Thorstvedt - Son of Erik. Goalscoring midfielder, great feet and a free kick in the ol' locker!... Just signed for Genk though for 1M!! He'll be worth 20 in a season.
Alexander Sorloth - Playing for Trabzonspor on loan from Palace. Has scored goals everywhere he's played including the national team. Only place he's struggled was at Palace... But let's face it nobody scores in that team!

World's gone mad when you read thing like this.....

"...Chelsea are keen on signing Birmingham City's 16-year-old English midfielder Jude Bellingham, however his £50m price tag could affect their ability to tie their 18-year-old English midfielder Faustino Anjorin down to a long-term contract ..."

Last week, the BBC were reporting how Man Utd. were looking at spending around 300 million on three or four players.

Jonathan David, replacing/upgrade of mcgoldrick. Also Kevin reugg from Zurich, rwb/cm. Good player.

"...Arsenal, Everton and Leicester City are among seven clubs interested in signing Gent and Canada striker Jonathan David, 20 ..."

I've seen clips of the lad. He looks decent, but not an upgrade on McGoldrick.

McGoldrick is such a good player, his unselfish workrate off the ball and what he does for our team dropping deep is incredible.

An upgrade on McGoldrick - so, an established player that does everything he does, but better & presumably a better finisher, would cost an astonishing amount and would be on the top 4 radars internationally.

Our only option would be to develop somebody into his role, or tweak the system. More athletic, attack minded midfielders that can carry the ball would be the option there.

World's gone mad when you read thing like this.....

"...Chelsea are keen on signing Birmingham City's 16-year-old English midfielder Jude Bellingham, however his £50m price tag could affect their ability to tie their 18-year-old English midfielder Faustino Anjorin down to a long-term contract ..."

Last week, the BBC were reporting how Man Utd. were looking at spending around 300 million on three or four players.
That £300m Man U were reported as willing to spend included a club record deal for Declan Rice. Rice is an average Premier League central midfielder but apparently the Dildo Brothers' asking price is £90m as "they don't think they can justify nine figures".

"...Arsenal, Everton and Leicester City are among seven clubs interested in signing Gent and Canada striker Jonathan David, 20 ..."
Could we be one of the other 4 haha. Seriously though, only Leicester are above us atm and I know there's still a long way to go but if we get European football he's exactly the type of player we should be going for. Similar to berge he's a young player who is probably the best in his league in his position. If we can nip in front of other clubs we should.

McGoldrick is such a good player, his unselfish workrate off the ball and what he does for our team dropping deep is incredible.

An upgrade on McGoldrick - so, an established player that does everything he does, but better & presumably a better finisher, would cost an astonishing amount and would be on the top 4 radars internationally.

Our only option would be to develop somebody into his role, or tweak the system. More athletic, attack minded midfielders that can carry the ball would be the option there.
I agree with the second part of this, however the first part I don't, this kid is also a 'workhorse' if you will but he's quicker and has a better end product than mcgoldrick. Different league etc I know, but this guy will be a top player. He would probably cost around the same as berge, £20mish. He would need time like all recruits do especially coming from a lesser league.

That £300m Man U were reported as willing to spend included a club record deal for Declan Rice. Rice is an average Premier League central midfielder but apparently the Dildo Brothers' asking price is £90m as "they don't think they can justify nine figures".
English tax that, like you say a bog standard steady Premier league midfielder that's it.

I would sign Pascal Gross from Brighton if they go down. Probably gettable for less the £10m if they go down.

Plays similarly to McGoldrick but has more goals and more assists.

I don't know what Man U have been doing in the transfer market since Ferguson left. Their dealings have been awful.

In the summer all they have to do is sell Pogba £100-£120m
buy Saul from Athletico - £60-£70m
Pay Thomas Partey's release clause - £50m
Pay Lorenzo Pellegrini's realease clause - £30m

They then have a midfield of:
------Fernandez/Pellegrini-------
Saul/Fred------Partey/McTominay

With a summer net spend of approx £30m

Then they can get rid of the dross like Matic, Lingard etc.

I don't know what Man U have been doing in the transfer market since Ferguson left. Their dealings have been awful.

In the summer all they have to do is sell Pogba £100-£120m
buy Saul from Athletico - £60-£70m
Pay Lorenzo Pellegrini's realease clause - £30m

They then have a midfield of:
------Fernandez/Pellegrini-------
Saul/Fred------Partey/McTominay

With a summer net spend of approx £30m

Then they can get rid of the dross like Matic, Lingard etc.

Man U don't do things easily, they'll probably try to hold onto Pogba and give him a 20% increase, whilst spaffing 90m on Declan Rice and 50m on Bellingham.

Then they'll wonder why they haven't improved.

Matty Cash
Like it. Talented player who Wilder has 👀 at before.
We need to be careful we don't disrupt the awesome team spirit by targetting too many overseas signings. Huddersfield etc show what happens if you go too far down the obscure foreign signings route.

There should be a massive scramble for Partey.

I think his release clause is even lower than that. Can't believe nobody's paid it already.

Back
Top Bottom