Match Thread Newcastle United v. Sheffield United - 21st June 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

NEWC
NEWC
NEWC

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1592647074004.png v. 1592647083107.png
EPL Week 31 - Sunday 21st June 2020 - St James Park

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/newcastle-united-vs-sheffield-united.494/

Officials:

Referee:
David Coote
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Darren England
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Harry Lennard

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 11.00.22.png

• Admin

I feel that we've become the most predictable team in the Premier League because we don't score many and don't concede many.

90% of our matches are either 0-0, 1-0, 0-1 or 1-1.

And this will be more of the same.

Correction to above:

Video Assistant Referee looking for anything to shaft the blades with: :fattwat:
Video Assistant Referee looking for obvious injustices to the Blades: David Blunket

I feel that we've become the most predictable team in the Premier League because we don't score many and don't concede many.

Nailed on win, draw or defeat then.

Will be interesting to see the team/squad tomorrow. Will Fleck be back? Lunny/Berge, the front two pairing, will the loan lads make the bench? Any surprise injuries again?

My team preferences for tommorow, JOC, Bash and Eags, fleck Duffy and Norwood in midfield. Maupay up front. Ok then instead can the actual lot remember how to play together. Like wilder said we have to play at our best to compete and Villa was way off. Dreading manu if it's more of the same tommorow. We need a bounce back like one of thos super balls that broke windows years ago. And VAR just f*ck right off. Otherwise feeling good about it.

Be Positive ! We've had some good results happen for us since Wednesday. Win tomorrow we go 5th above Man U! UTB

Fleck or a left sided midfielder and I'd expect a better performance. JOC would be a bonus but Robinson had a good game and the long throw might come in handy.

Moose and McGoldrick up top, Lunny on the right.

All depends on injuries, will be good to have JOC and Fleck back and I think I'd go for Sharp and Mcgoldrick.

This team knows how to play, hopefully we can turn it on from here on in after shaking of the cobwebs against Villa, too much messing around I think we need Mcgoldrick in to dictate the momentum and get us going forwards with purpose.

I really, really, really want us to beat these.

If the winning goal just happens to glance in off Shelvey's testicles, and in doing so really hit them on the 'sweet spot', then it would truly be a Carling moment.

Fleck or a left sided midfielder and I'd expect a better performance. JOC would be a bonus but Robinson had a good game and the long throw might come in handy.

Moose and McGoldrick up top, Lunny on the right.
We're lacking goals so I can see Moos as dangerous on counter but McGoldrick hasn't been useful in that regard all season. I would go with either Sharp or McBurnie

Well after the shambolic technology fail at Villa on Wednesday we quickly have a second chance to get into 5th. Performance will have to improve though as personally I thought it was a very disjointed display at Villa. Already having played a game should be a benefit however....

Anyway...

Any team news?

Fleck fit to return?

JOC any official news?

Those 2 being the only changes if fit?

Newcastle don't have a whole deal to play for, but Bruce in particular will be looking to steer them to their highest possible finish, with the hope of retaining the manager's job for next season. This will not be an easy game. As said before, it's about fitness levels at this stage. I'm on the fence again result wise, and while I think we should be good enough to avoid defeat, I'm not sure we are potent enough to win. So 1-1.

Enjoy the match fellow Blades.

UTB

Would be incredible to have J O'C available today given we were worried he may be out for the season just a few days ago. As good as Robinson was, I think we really missed J O'C in forward positions and he'd be a huge bonus.

Think Fleck will be back thank fuck.

I think it will be the same team as Wednesday but with Fleck instead of Sander.

Throw in the fact Newcastle are one of the most defensive teams in the league, I’ll be amazed if this game is even slightly better than Wednesday night. Let’s just hope that any goals we score actually count this time.

Would be incredible to have J O'C available today given we were worried he may be out for the season just a few days ago. As good as Robinson was, I think we really missed J O'C in forward positions and he'd be a huge bonus.

Think Fleck will be back thank fuck.

I think it will be the same team as Wednesday but with Fleck instead of Sander.

Obviously it would be great to have both back, but I expect if it’s only Fleck returning that this will see an instantly better result. You would also expect that with a more normal two in front of him that Robinson might be more comfortable testing out an overlap or two.

Would love to see Sharp and McGoldrick up front together again. Not started up front with each other once this season! Little strange seeing they both scored half of United’s goals in the promotion season!

Would love to see Sharp and McGoldrick up front together again. Not started up front with each other once this season! Little strange seeing they both scored half of United’s goals in the promotion season!

I don’t think it’s strange per say what with our recruitment. But I’d like to see that pairing today. We play better football with Didzy on the pitch and Sharp scores goals. Mousse as an impact sub. McBurnie on if we need some presence.

Tough trip but hopefully have an advantage of already getting a game under our belts. Must-win really if we have any thoughts of Europe given we have a tough run of games coming up against a Spurs and Man U side which are now without injuries.

It reads like one of those binary sums I used to hate doing at school!

Back
Top Bottom