All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WhiteRoseBlade

Reaction score
Just saying hello as I'm new here and a new fan

First trip to Bramall Lane (league vs Preston in January) was rather an impulse trip - fancied going to a match that weekend and had a quick scan which Yorkshire teams were at home (think it was the Blades or Huddersfield or Barnsley) and decided on going to Bramall Lane, liked it, and have been to four home games since, plus Barnsley away and will be there on Sunday.

I've been to Anfield a couple of times a season for the last few years and while I enjoyed it, I do like the feel of Bramall Lane more - think two hours travel rather than three means I'm more relaxed? And although size wise it's closer to Anfield, in terms of feel it reminds me more of going to York City with my dad as a teenager (I'm 26).

Anyway, regardless of the reasons I'm a Blades fan now & I've taken the plunge and bought a season ticket for next season - probably just about makes financial sense if matchday prices go up a little bit (with where I live I can't do evening matches without staying overnight) but not having to find a different seat every time will be good and it'll help make doing some away matches easier.

I also like German football & I'm a Motorsport fan (Indycar and sportscars, not F1 anymore - the Indy 500 is on at the same time as the playoff final so if we get there I'll likely be juggling the race on my laptop with the match on the radio!). Like reading and music too.

Guess I've rambled enough!

Cheers,
Emma.

First trip to Bramall Lane (league vs Preston in January) was rather an impulse trip - fancied going to a match that weekend and had a quick scan which Yorkshire teams were at home (think it was the Blades or Huddersfield or Barnsley) and decided on going to Bramall Lane, liked it, and have been to four home games since, plus Barnsley away and will be there on Sunday.

I've been to Anfield a couple of times a season for the last few years and while I enjoyed it, I do like the feel of Bramall Lane more - think two hours travel rather than three means I'm more relaxed? And although size wise it's closer to Anfield, in terms of feel it reminds me more of going to York City with my dad as a teenager (I'm 26).

Anyway, regardless of the reasons I'm a Blades fan now & I've taken the plunge and bought a season ticket for next season - probably just about makes financial sense if matchday prices go up a little bit (with where I live I can't do evening matches without staying overnight) but not having to find a different seat every time will be good and it'll help make doing some away matches easier.

I also like German football & I'm a Motorsport fan (Indycar and sportscars, not F1 anymore - the Indy 500 is on at the same time as the playoff final so if we get there I'll likely be juggling the race on my laptop with the match on the radio!). Like reading and music too.

Cheers,
Emma.
Emma, you rock!
Welcome aboard.

Always nice to have a fresh voice. There are many different ones on here. Enjoy and don't get put off. Some fun to be had.
Thankyou for choosing the best team in the Universe.

Are you fucking crazy? United are in my blood, I had no choice!!

Good on yer though and welcome. Utb.

Cheers,
Emma.

Pretty much how I started.

Never really watched much football as I was a big RL fan but adopted the Blades as my team.

First game I attended at BDTBL was in August 1971 and we beat Leeds 3-0

I loved it and came back again and again and again and so on.

44 years later I'm still doing it despite never having lived in Sheffield.

Welcome aboard the roller coaster

Cheers,
Emma.

There are those who are born with the affliction, and those of us who chose it. Next season will be my 25th as a Blades fan and the first when my circumstances allow me to have a season ticket. Sat beside me will be HB Jnr (born a Blade). I have travelled the country, met hundreds, if not thousands, of football fans, watched more league and non-league matches than I can count. I've never regretted my choice, even with the disappointments, not for a second. As From The Pig End says....

there's no better fans and club to celebrate with in the country!

Must be hundreds of times I have sat in the Kop, many, many away matches with The Blades. I couldn't choose a better bunch of friends (and strangers) to sit/stand/drink/sing/moan/celebrate with.

Up The Blades

I may just have found my new wife, when mrs stringjunior mysteriously pops her clogs next weekend. Only kidding (about you being my new wife....)

Welcome aboard WhiteRoseBlade. Just remember, it's magnet not maggots, wilf was the zone man, and you can get the GCB polyphonic ring-tone for your Nokia 3210 if you search long enough.

(One day it will all make sense)

You lot are shocking, I never got a welcome like this when I started on here!

Anyway, welcome to the forum WhiteRoseBlade im sure you'll be tearing your hair out with some of the posters on this forum, but it's not a bad place to come and talk shite.

Only just seen this thread after the ST post in another thread

Well done EMMA...........................................You fool! ;)

Welcome to the forum WhiteRoseBlade and welcome to the madhouse that is being a Sheffield United supporter ;)

Do you live in North Yorkshire? Just with you saying about not doing evening matches without staying overnight.

The problem is less getting the train back to Leeds as that the onward train wouldn't be running by the time I get there... Hopefully circumstances will change and I'll be better able to afford a hotel before the end of next season...

And yeah, longer term might be able to get to know people but I still live with my parents and they'd not be happy with me catching lifts with people until I know them well so that's maybe a possibility for the season after next

I would ask what time train you're on on Sunday so I could say hi but the train to Leeds doesn't start until too late on Sunday's so I'm getting the bus to Leeds and then the coach to Sheffield... So maybe next season :)

Aye, getting to Sheffield for noon on a Sunday can be a bit of a job once you get out past Leeds onto branch lines, surprised you're getting a coach though, I imagine it takes longer than the train?

It's cheaper - once I'm not going on the train all the way it's a bit daft to walk across Leeds from one station to another just to pay more... Got a wait at Leeds but the journeys themselves aren't that much longer - will be getting 7.20 bus from home to get to Leeds because if I got the next coach I'd get to Sheffield less than an hour before kick off & I like to get there early, get a pie and relax, and I'd rather have an early start rather than rush.

Meeting my friend in the City centre after the match tho so getting more than just the match from the day (she's from Chesterfield but she's just coming in to meet me at 2.30 so will be going in opposite direction to their fans going home and my coach home is 6.15 so by the time we part ways they should all be home, or at least mostly so, so her train home should be fine too)

Cheers,
Emma.

That is amazing.

Why did you just decide to support the Blades? If you've been to the other clubs what was different about us?

It's hard to believe that you have fallen in love with the Blades in such a short space of time. Great to hear though!

That is amazing.

Why did you just decide to support the Blades? If you've been to the other clubs what was different about us?

It's hard to believe that you have fallen in love with the Blades in such a short space of time. Great to hear though!

I mean, I still cheer Liverpool and will go back on occasion but it's not something I could do regularly on cost and like I said, while I enjoy Anfield I never quite feel completely at home there

York was something I did with my Dad but while I enjoyed it and went to a few games on my own in my late teens I never completely really got into it.

I just enjoy Bramall Lane, the travelling distance is reasonable, the pricing is okay, and I like the team - yes, they're inconsistent but it's at a level where it's nice to watch (not that lower down is bad, but watching a fair bit of Conference football when I was a teenager means I can see difference even if my technical understanding isn't that great). It's hard to explain but it's just a gut feeling you get about somewhere?

I figure if I enjoy it that's all that matters... whether that's the Blades or the Bundesliga or whatever - but finding somewhere I can go to matches regularly is nice... It just feels right.

I mean, I still cheer Liverpool and will go back on occasion but it's not something I could do regularly on cost and like I said, while I enjoy Anfield I never quite feel completely at home there

York was something I did with my Dad but while I enjoyed it and went to a few games on my own in my late teens I never completely really got into it.

I just enjoy Bramall Lane, the travelling distance is reasonable, the pricing is okay, and I like the team - yes, they're inconsistent but it's at a level where it's nice to watch (not that lower down is bad, but watching a fair bit of Conference football when I was a teenager means I can see difference even if my technical understanding isn't that great). It's hard to explain but it's just a gut feeling you get about somewhere?

I figure if I enjoy it that's all that matters... whether that's the Blades or the Bundesliga or whatever - but finding somewhere I can go to matches regularly is nice... It just feels right.

Bear in mind Emma that the atmosphere is terrible at the moment. When the Lane is rocking, and if we get back to the Champ it regularly will, you'll realise you've made a cracking decision. On its day and this isn't hyperbole, there's few football grounds which generate the same amount of noise.

UTB

Welcome to the forum :)

I may just have found my new wife, when mrs stringjunior mysteriously pops her clogs next weekend. Only kidding (about you being my new wife....)

Welcome aboard WhiteRoseBlade. Just remember, it's magnet not maggots, wilf was the zone man, and you can get the GCB polyphonic ring-tone for your Nokia 3210 if you search long enough.

(One day it will all make sense)

Ignore him WhiteRoseBlade - it is maggots, seeing as Sheffield is the angling capital of the universe! ;)

Back
Top Bottom