New view of Lane re-development

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jon Bon II

Here's Jonny!
Reaction score
I like the 'Beautiful Down Town Bramall Lane' writing on the south stand.

Would love this to go ahead. Would make The Lane one of the best grounds in the UK.

264s2g2.jpg

Hot stuff. Never gonna happen.

Looks fantastic! How long would it take to build that southstand though? Or would it be an extension?

Oo, 10/10 would bang.

If clubs can get whole new bastard stadiums built in a couple of years, this is realistic for us in the not so distant future.

My only criticisms, make more out of brick like the back of the Kop and the bits in-between the pillars on the South stand, just because it'll require less maintenance and look a bit less shopping centre, and change the typefaces on the BDTBL and You fill up my senses bits but that's small potatoes.

Would love this ready for our 2021 Champions League run haha

Looks great, but I hope we're not putting the cart before the horses

To me it looks like John Street has been extended/steeper is that correct? I don't remember JS ever being in any new redevelopment plans.

Would love this to go ahead. Would make The Lane one of the best grounds in the UK.

264s2g2.jpg

Don't mean to sound like Mr. Meldrew, but what a load of old shit.

Looks beautiful, but is it necessary? By all means crack on with making the Kop look like that, but that extension plus another tier on the South Stand? We'd never fill it.

Looks beautiful, but is it necessary? By all means crack on with making the Kop look like that, but that extension plus another tier on the South Stand? We'd never fill it.
Agree even if we were regulars in the prem we'd still only need 35000 max

As you say make Kop look like that and tart up back of SS. (Which I thought was in plans already)

Very nice, but who's funding it? If we're dealing within our means and being careful with transfer windows, which is sensible given the current set up, then spending tens of millions on doing up the stadium is hardly going to be in question.

We will have to wait for fresh investment for that.

264s2g2.jpg

Yeah it looks good , it seats 48000 , it's near the city centre , it's one of the oldest professional football grounds in the world , the finance was in place , the planning permission was in place but on reflection it's easy to see why our City custodians opted for Straffords rust bucket as Sheffields premier venue :confused:

Looks great! Where is this image from? It's definitely a new one.

Those saying it would be lopsided should bear in mind it wouldn't look as skewed when inside.

Personally, I don't like it. Too lop sided for me. It looks about as daft as St James's park. I like my grounds with a bit of symmetry about them.
We don't need a vastly bigger ground, just a better one.
Better rake, no pillars and no restricted views etc.
So you want us to build another Pride Park? Given the choice character wins every time. Bramall Lane is one of the best grounds in the country.

That expansion will make it the best by a million miles

Back
Top Bottom