New signings

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would love to have DH back but not at that cost. I know it's only for a year but still, a large outlay for an untested goalkeeper at prem level.

I would have thought £25k per week and £1m loan fee would secure a return on our terms - If not move on.

50 grand a week and 2 million loan fee is the snag I think HB

As much as I hate to even think it, we are going to have to get used to this type of money though if we want to mix it in the big boys league. Wilder has done amazingly well to keep the players motivated and hungry on the wages we have been reportedly paying. Hendo is a highly regarded Man U prospect, we either have to pay their going rate or shop elsewhere. It would be a shame to lose him at this stage, but Wilder is much more astute than I am and will be considering the wider implications of bringing him back on that type of deal.

As much as I hate to even think it, we are going to have to get used to this type of money though if we want to mix it in the big boys league. Wilder has done amazingly well to keep the players motivated and hungry on the wages we have been reportedly paying. Hendo is a highly regarded Man U prospect, we either have to pay their going rate or shop elsewhere. It would be a shame to lose him at this stage, but Wilder is much more astute than I am and will be considering the wider implications of bringing him back on that type of deal.

True but an outlay of £4.6m for a one year loan is a large amount of money

After a seeming lifetime of rolling over and giving away stupid money (Sanchez - ha), this will be the one that Ed Woodward digs his heels in on.

Despite the fact that we'd be developing THEIR player, he will stick to his guns. Mixing metaphors, but he'll shoot himslef in the foot on this one.

We will go elsewhere and DH will end up as a No 2 in La Liga.
He’s an idiot. He’s going to go down in history as the man that fucked up Man U. That’s no consolation to us right now. Hendo needs to wise up too. He’s a million miles away from being their keeper and another loan to a championship club isn’t going to get him any nearer.

My favourite thread ever. So far

Strange init Stretch

We think we've had a decent window, signing players to strengthen our weakness's and in general happy up to now with how it's gone and yet here's the pigs saying we're going straight back down with those signings 😁.

Who did they expect us to sign and who did they expect us to compete with to make those signings?

They live in cloud cuckoo land, thinking that had they been in our position they'd be flying around looking at the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and Aguero, who all of course would falling over themselves to sign

Pack it in with the deludamol pigs ffs 🤪
They still don’t get this ‘team thing’, having a system, a plan a, b and c. Buying players to fit the system and ethos of the team.
No, they all think it’s about the name of the player, the size of his transfer and his weekly wage.
One day they might wake up and smell a bit of coffee but I doubt it.
Of course we will struggle, history has shown that, but we will surprise a lot of people this season and I think we will survive

They still don’t get this ‘team thing’, having a system, a plan a, b and c. Buying players to fit the system and ethos of the team.
No, they all think it’s about the name of the player, the size of his transfer and his weekly wage.
One day they might wake up and smell a bit of coffee but I doubt it.
Of course we will struggle, history has shown that, but we will surprise a lot of people this season and I think we will survive
If the boot was on the other foot we’d all be predicting relegation for them. If they recruited like we have, we’d say what they’ve said, if they recruited like Villa we’d say ‘they’re going to do a Fulham’. It’s just shithousing your rivals.

I’ll be honest, I was a bit worried when they got Bruce. He knows how to get clubs promoted and the championship is going to be very open this season. I’m delighted he’s gone and I’m even more delighted they seem to be spending time whinging to the PL when they should be lining up a replacement.

What we need imo...
  • Goalkeeper
  • Left sided centre back/Left back
  • Defensive midfielder
  • Striker

Just don't get what Osborn's role is going to be because he don't seem what we need in them positions.

He knows how to get clubs promoted and the championship is going to be very open this season

He spent a lot of money (for the time), to get Brum up and similarly at Hull. The Villa fans' biggest gripe was that he had no 'plan b' and I don't think that tactically he is the most forward thinking of managers.

I’m delighted he’s gone and I’m even more delighted they seem to be spending time whinging to the PL when they should be lining up a replacement.

Not that bothered he's gone as I don't think they'd have gone up, but I agree with you on the second bit.

AFAIU the Wendys are all towing the NKT line about good old Mr C standing up to the rotten Premier League bully. Whether they get £2m or £4m, compo for him is irrlevant in the scheme of things. HMS Piss the League is currently in dry dock and needs new decking, boilers, propellors, hull, crew, bridge and the big foghorn thing.

He spent a lot of money (for the time), to get Brum up and similarly at Hull. The Villa fans' biggest gripe was that he had no 'plan b' and I don't think that tactically he is the most forward thinking of managers.

Not that bothered he's gone as I don't think they'd have gone up, but I agree with you on the second bit.

AFAIU the Wendys are all towing the NKT line about good old Mr C standing up to the rotten Premier League bully. Whether they get £2m or £4m, compo for him is irrlevant in the scheme of things. HMS Piss the League is currently in dry dock and needs new decking, boilers, propellors, hull, crew, bridge and the big foghorn thing.
Pep spends a lot of money. Klopp isn’t averse to breaking transfer records either. If Bruce’s remit is to get a club promoted with the money available to him, then he’s been a success. I’d argue he’s the best manager they’ve had since Big Fat Racist Ron. Disagree? Name a better one. Tricky Trev? Wilson? Sturrock? I’m going to have to stop now because I’m laughing too much to type

Pep spends a lot of money. Klopp isn’t averse to breaking transfer records either. If Bruce’s remit is to get a club promoted with the money available to him, then he’s been a success. I’d argue he’s the best manager they’ve had since Big Fat Racist Ron. Disagree? Name a better one. Tricky Trev? Wilson? Sturrock? I’m going to have to stop now because I’m laughing too much to type

I always like a Wednesday manager who gets them relegated, so Alan Irvine was a great Pork manager

After a seeming lifetime of rolling over and giving away stupid money (Sanchez - ha), this will be the one that Ed Woodward digs his heels in on.

Despite the fact that we'd be developing THEIR player, he will stick to his guns. Mixing metaphors, but he'll shoot himslef in the foot on this one.

We will go elsewhere and DH will end up as a No 2 in La Liga.
I think “stick to his guns” and “shoot himself in the foot” is a very good mix of metaphor.

I’d argue he’s the best manager they’ve had since Big Fat Racist Ron. Disagree?

Yes, very much so.

Recent postings on NKT made it clear that Carlos was better than Pep and would defintely get them up 'next season'.

Then Jos came along and was even better.... ... until he wasn't.

Tricky Trev? Wilson? Sturrock? I’m going to have to stop now because I’m laughing too much to type

Off to the Side-Splitting hospital for you then:-
Paul Jewel, Chris Turner, Alan Irvin and Megson should just tip you over the edge.

The worrying thing about the Hendo loan is if we have to pay that much it could mean one less player signed elsewhere in the team. Who knows potentially having to splash out for another keeper could be what is holding up the signing of a decent striker. It needs to happen in the next 24hr or forget about him.

The worrying thing about the Hendo loan is if we have to pay that much it could mean one less player signed elsewhere in the team. Who knows potentially having to splash out for another keeper could be what is holding up the signing of a decent striker. It needs to happen in the next 24hr or forget about him.
Totally agtree. United are much bigger than one player ('s agent).

It would be fantastic if they went back to Megson, a little bonus for us if we were to get relegated and just as funny when we stay up.

It would be fantastic if they went back to Megson, a little bonus for us if we were to get relegated and just as funny when we stay up.
Funny? I think it would be fuckin hilarious 😂

Looking at the new players that the club has brought to the lane is highly encouraging. Individually and collectively, (Jags apart) they represent younger, faster, skillful, stronger players that will fit into the squad quickly. Every new boy has spoken of how welcome and happy they feel to be here, and to be a part of this amazing club,
They could be here for years and lay the foundations of a very successful Premier league side. I truly believe that every one of them has the potential to improve themselves, and the club.
For a relatively small outlay so far, the club must be energised by all that potential. Players both new and old will need to be on the top of their game from the first minute. Wilder has created a vibrant and challenging future for everyone. All it needs now is for the fans to get right behind them with vocal support and encouragement.
Sorry I can't be with you again this season, the 51 doesn't stop anywhere near my place. :)

Well said mate, our business so far has been everything I'd hoped it would.

Hendo, a CM, a prolific striker and LWB cover and I'm delighted.

Mason Holgate still ongoing:

Sheffield United have made an approach to Everton to sign Mason Holgate on loan, Football Insider can reveal.

Blades boss Chris Wilder is keen to strengthen his defensive options before the transfer window closes next week and has identified a move for the versatile defender, who is 22.

...and HITC and Royal Blue Mersey.

Totally agree, that’s why I’m more optimistic than I should be.

Neutrals says “on paper” our team looks ordinary and underwhelming.
Makes me smile because I’ve seen with my own eyes how Wilder can make Sharp play like Rudd Van Nistelrooy and how he made Leon Clarke perform like Didier Drogba. So with Wilder in charge anything seems to be possible. Wouldn’t be surprised if we finish just below mid table.
Bit like last seasons underwhelming side,bunch of has beens n no marks.Except a proven goalscorer😁

This just out, from Chris Wilder, not sure if this means deals have been done already, or????

“I’m always battering Paul Mitchell every couple of hours, the majority of the time it’s patience, we’ve put a lot of work into this window. When Paul and Carl Shieber call me, I’ll be looking forward to hearing what they have to say”

Eze and the Bordoux left back are being touted, anymore we think are good shout of reality?

You forgot, « HAIL MESSIAH »
Chris Turner. Laugh it up

You forgot, « HAIL MESSIAH »
Chris Turner. Laugh it up

Pigs had a massive banner hanging from the roof of one of those two pubs on Penistone rd, the Gate I think, with HAIL MESSIAH on it.

Looking at the new players that the club has brought to the lane is highly encouraging. Individually and collectively, (Jags apart) they represent younger, faster, skillful, stronger players that will fit into the squad quickly. Every new boy has spoken of how welcome and happy they feel to be here, and to be a part of this amazing club,
They could be here for years and lay the foundations of a very successful Premier league side. I truly believe that every one of them has the potential to improve themselves, and the club.
For a relatively small outlay so far, the club must be energised by all that potential. Players both new and old will need to be on the top of their game from the first minute. Wilder has created a vibrant and challenging future for everyone. All it needs now is for the fans to get right behind them with vocal support and encouragement.
Sorry I can't be with you again this season, the 51 doesn't stop anywhere near my place. :)
Well as least you got the “younger” bit right !!

UTB

Back
Top Bottom