New signings

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Charlieblade

Reaction score
Looking at the new players that the club has brought to the lane is highly encouraging. Individually and collectively, (Jags apart) they represent younger, faster, skillful, stronger players that will fit into the squad quickly. Every new boy has spoken of how welcome and happy they feel to be here, and to be a part of this amazing club,
They could be here for years and lay the foundations of a very successful Premier league side. I truly believe that every one of them has the potential to improve themselves, and the club.
For a relatively small outlay so far, the club must be energised by all that potential. Players both new and old will need to be on the top of their game from the first minute. Wilder has created a vibrant and challenging future for everyone. All it needs now is for the fans to get right behind them with vocal support and encouragement.
Sorry I can't be with you again this season, the 51 doesn't stop anywhere near my place. :)

Well said sir, well said but somebody will no doubt be along on the 51 shortly to spoil your enthusiasm (and mine)

True Charlie,

We’ve gone for young players with high potential.

The only problem is “potential” is a risk because there are no gaurantees they will become PL standard.
But we have no choice, due to financial constraints we need to sign players whilst their stock is relatively low.

At least it makes for an exciting season because if some our our signings perform at their best then we’ll have a really attack minded team.

True Charlie,

We’ve gone for young players with high potential.

The only problem is “potential” is a risk because there are no gaurantees they will become PL standard.
But we have no choice, due to financial constraints we need to sign players whilst their stock is relatively low.

At least it makes for an exciting season because if some our our signings perform at their best then we’ll have a really attack minded team.
I agree it's not without possible problems but I prefer to look on the positive side, and I find I have been infected with a Wilder culture of enthusiasm, bolstered by the evident team spirit. Anyone who can't fight tooth and nail for a starting berth under those conditions shouldn't be there.

I am really happy with our business so far. Pace is needed in the PL and we have it now, along with some added muscle in Mousset.

Assuming we get Hendo back and this Osborn lad tied up then we just need McBurnie or another powerful CF now to finish off the forward line, and for me an experienced CM to compete with Norwood.

I am really happy with our business so far. Pace is needed in the PL and we have it now, along with some added muscle in Mousset.

Assuming we get Hendo back and this Osborn lad tied up then we just need McBurnie or another powerful CF now to finish off the forward line, and for me an experienced CM to compete with Norwood.
Pace and goalscoring prowess us the key to us not only surviving, but establishing ourselves in the PL.

Just need to add a goalkeeper, Centre Mid and 1 more forward and were giving ourselves a decent shot at staying up.
I’m terms of the forward certainly can’t see us signing Maupay.
Reckon we’ll get an upgrade on a Madine type of player, whether McBurnie fits this I’m not quite sure, it’s a shame Andy Carroll isn’t so injury prone as he would be a good shout

Just need to add a goalkeeper, Centre Mid and 1 more forward and were giving ourselves a decent shot at staying up.
I’m terms of the forward certainly can’t see us signing Maupay.
Reckon we’ll get an upgrade on a Madine type of player, whether McBurnie fits this I’m not quite sure, it’s a shame Andy Carroll isn’t so injury prone as he would be a good shout
Totally agree with this. Would love the striker to be McBurnie, Fer as the midfielder and Henderson +Adrian as the keepers.

Leaves us with a loan slot as well.

Go back 2 seasons and substitute the Championship for the PL.

What we have done is bought players of a notional quality in between the prem & championship. With careful player identification & purchase, that's where the value is and where the market can be exploited.

Worra abaht the defense,are we really going into the Prem with Jags,Stearman,Bryan as the step ins if owt happens to Basham,Egan,JOC,if we are then i'm very worried for us.

I would sign at least 1 quality defender that can do both the Basham/Egan role,or is that Jags.

Strange init Stretch

We think we've had a decent window, signing players to strengthen our weakness's and in general happy up to now with how it's gone and yet here's the pigs saying we're going straight back down with those signings 😁.

Who did they expect us to sign and who did they expect us to compete with to make those signings?

They live in cloud cuckoo land, thinking that had they been in our position they'd be flying around looking at the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and Aguero, who all of course would falling over themselves to sign

Pack it in with the deludamol pigs ffs 🤪

As I’ve written else where , I’m happy with who we’ve signed and the amount of money 💰 spent so far we’ve spent on good / young players with a point to prove , who are all top end championship players , so IF we do go down we’ll have a strong squad to give it a good go for a quick return , plus parachute payments as well
Thanks Sir Chris and the Board for investing in our club and team , for what seems a long term plan
( not often you can say that about our club in the past )
If we stay up we’ll be years ahead of our
Bigger ( well crowd wise we are bigger )
Better. ( well we are in a higher division so we are better )
Older ( ya can have that and flop around transfer embargo’s , no money to spend , in a death 💀 trap stadium)
UTB ⚔️

Strange init Stretch

We think we've had a decent window, signing players to strengthen our weakness's and in general happy up to now with how it's gone and yet here's the pigs saying we're going straight back down with those signings 😁.

Who did they expect us to sign and who did they expect us to compete with to make those signings?

They live in cloud cuckoo land, thinking that had they been in our position they'd be flying around looking at the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and Aguero, who all of course would falling over themselves to sign

Signing too many also rans weakens our strengths. The journeymen didn't win promotion, the team did, that is the true reason for our success. So 2proven PL still needed who can hit that league running. MnM no thanks.

Strange init Stretch

Most of em probably still think they have a better team than us. It's all bad luck on their part that no manager to date has got that sorry bunch firing sufficiently long enough to get them promoted. I've also seen plenty of comments from them lately about how we are building a decent championship team for when we come back down. Aye, because we never had one of those already did we?

Thick 'kers 😂

Couldn't really have hoped for a better window and it would be strengthened even further with McBurnie...not bothered about Maupay now weve got Lys and Robinson.

I would like to see a mobile, strong enforcer brought in to bolster CM for those difficult away games. Although it might be that CW thinks Lundstram can play that role

It’s been a great window so far with some very astute signings by wilder without spunking loads of money on overpriced players.
Wilder and the board are clearly thinking long term😀. That’s not happened for a good few years😀. I M H O.
Personally I can’t wait for the new season to start😀. UTB ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️

Go back 2 seasons and substitute the Championship for the PL.

Totally agree, that’s why I’m more optimistic than I should be.

Neutrals says “on paper” our team looks ordinary and underwhelming.
Makes me smile because I’ve seen with my own eyes how Wilder can make Sharp play like Rudd Van Nistelrooy and how he made Leon Clarke perform like Didier Drogba. So with Wilder in charge anything seems to be possible. Wouldn’t be surprised if we finish just below mid table.

Couldn't really have hoped for a better window and it would be strengthened even further with McBurnie...not bothered about Maupay now weve got Lys and Robinson.

I would like to see a mobile, strong enforcer brought in to bolster CM for those difficult away games. Although it might be that CW thinks Lundstram can play that role

Agree on all fronts there mate. The CM question is intriguing, as we will need someone in the squad who can chuck their weight around from time to time. If we don't bring another CM in then as you say, Lundstram is probably the closest thing we have and I think Wilder sees a lot in him. I would love to see him flourish at this level.
Bash is possibly the other option, but I am not sure he will be good enough doing it in the prem.

For the absolute love of moar, give me...

Henderson
Holgate
Osborn
Fer
McBurnie

Then we won't even need to do anything in January.

Worra abaht the defense,are we really going into the Prem with Jags,Stearman,Bryan as the step ins if owt happens to Basham,Egan,JOC,if we are then i'm very worried for us.

I would sign at least 1 quality defender that can do both the Basham/Egan role,or is that Jags.

I think its worth noting the - Jags, Egan, O'Connell - as a potential starting 3.

If Jags still has enough in the locker and the legs that position is inch perfect for him.

Basham is and has been an important player for us who can cover across a number of positions whilst seemingly finding himself at home in this one too. However his defending is often the result of a recovery or lack of diffusion of the first phase of the threat. For example you don't see Egan making many (although obviously some) last ditch challenges and sliding tackles because his positioning and starting positions don't let the problem extend to that level of danger where a last ditch or big tackle is needed. You're only really sliding as a defender if you're in trouble and although Bash is a great option I feel he is just ever so slightly out of position so often that his margin for error in the premier league isn't going to be there, Aguero and Kane won't let him make the difference up. He'd be my primary backup for RCB and an option for RWB.

Last edited:
I really hope that the Henderson loan is finalised quickly. I thought it was all done and dusted, why the delay?. Hope there hasn't been a snag.If it doesn't go through I will be worried. what we have at present is not quite good enough IMHO.

50 grand a week and 2 million loan fee is the snag I think

After a seeming lifetime of rolling over and giving away stupid money (Sanchez - ha), this will be the one that Ed Woodward digs his heels in on.

Despite the fact that we'd be developing THEIR player, he will stick to his guns. Mixing metaphors, but he'll shoot himslef in the foot on this one.

We will go elsewhere and DH will end up as a No 2 in La Liga.

Back
Top Bottom