New Member Here

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tarkus

Reaction score
Good morning all.

Have finally registered on my first ever forum (with the help of my son) so apologies for typo's etc as my computer skills are limited to say the least.

Have followed the Blades since 1970 - used to go on coach from Roland Arms at Aston as a small kid with an older family friend and my love for them has never wavered in spite of having a trophy cabinet that's as empty as an hermits address book...!

Highlights over the years have been;
1. The glorious Currie/Woodward era
2. The Bassett period with the wonderful Deane/Agana and company
3. Large chunks of the Warnock reign
4. Seeing the Blades play on 133 different grounds over the years
5. Registering my son as a junior Blade 25 minutes after being born at the Northern General
6. all of the family becoming Blades even the missus and outlaws - and they are from from Glasgow...!

Look forward to some good debate.

Tarkus

Welcome Tarkus: Just don't let some of the miserable b*stards on here get to you.;)
Oh and make sure you post subjects in the correct section or you'll cause a meltdown with some posters! :D

Welcome Tarkus: Just don't let some of the miserable b*stards on here get to you.;)
Oh and make sure you post subjects in the correct section or you'll cause a meltdown with some posters! :D

And NEVER, EVER get into a conversation with Greenwich Blade about Progressive Rock! He'll just bore with with tales of his Yes singles collection and how he prefers Tarkus to Brain Salad Surgery, but has re-assessed Brain Salad Surgery after the release of the wonderful box-set this year.

Oh, and he'll bang on about how Cardiacs are really Progressive Rock but everyone thinks they're either Punk or Indy.

And finally, he'll tell you how there's not so many old hippies picking him up hitchhiking these days, but plenty of old punks instead.

Welcome Tarkus, and remember, "Has the dawn ever seen your eyes..."

Saw them also at High Voltage and seen GL live a few times, CP with Asia but nowt from the keyboard maestro.

To be fair, they are all coming up 70 now ....so best remember them at their peak circa 73 IMHO.

My missus pleads with me not to take her to any more gigs that have a 5 minute instrumental bit...!

Saw them also at High Voltage and seen GL live a few times, CP with Asia but nowt from the keyboard maestro.

To be fair, they are all coming up 70 now ....so best remember them at their peak circa 73 IMHO.

My missus pleads with me not to take her to any more gigs that have a 5 minute instrumental bit...!

She'd love Guapo then! Their entire set is instrumental, but then with track titles like The Pitman Radiant that's only to be expected!

Hi Tarkus, a belated welcome. Sorry to break into the prog rock love-in between you and Greenwich Blade, but the advice you've received from Greenwich and Tynemouth is worth remembering, even if with your tongue firmly in your cheek. No doubt you'll have looked at the forum and discovered that apart from the unifying support for the Blades, most things are there to be discussed. As someone advised me when I joined, this is Foxy and Linz's gaff, so imagine being invited into their home and all should be well.

Take care mate and I hope you enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom