New Goal kick rule!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How? They still have to play it just means it can stay in their box. Once taken our players can still press the same.

I agree in a way, couple of times they dropped two men in the box then Casper waves everybody upfield, ball ends up dead for twice as long.

All of those new rules seem to have been thought up by idiots who have never played or watched the game. Stop fekin tinkering, it wasn't broken and didn't need changing.

It's almost as though they have to justify their over inflated salaries and existence!

Goal-kicks
The law now says the ball is considered in play once the kick is taken. Until now a goal-kick had to be retaken if it did not leave the box. It could make a big difference to teams like Liverpool and Manchester City, whose defenders could drop into the box to receive a goal-kick from Alisson or Ederson.20 Jun 2019

[/QUOTE] as long as Liverpool and Man City are happy that’s ok. 👍

I really can’t see how this makes time wasting easier, players will always time waste including United players if they want to, it’s up to the ref to stop it.

I just think football fans love a moan, it could be the best rule change in the history of football and some on here wouldn’t be happy. I applaud the rule makers for wanting to improve the game.

I agree in a way, couple of times they dropped two men in the box then Casper waves everybody upfield, ball ends up dead for twice as long.
So they’re knocking long into a 50/50 duel in the air with two men out of the mix because they’ve dropped them deep?
Sounds like we need to look at ways to take advantage of them going so deep when there is a good chance of turning over possession.
I can’t see how it increases time wasting.

This new rule I feel could see a few teams concede ball in play as soon as kicked, now if knocked short to defended and back to GK either could be robbed by opposition let's face it lot's GK not known for dribbling skills.

All of those new rules seem to have been thought up by idiots who have never played or watched the game. Stop fekin tinkering, it wasn't broken and didn't need changing.

It's almost as though they have to justify their over inflated salaries and existence!
What did cause time wasting was when they changed the law to allow goal kicks to be taken from whichever side the goal keeper felt like. If we’re winning stroll across the area and take it from the other side to waste more time. Change it back and make the kicks be taken from the side the ball went out.

Has anyone seen the “substitutes must leave the field by the closest perimeter line” rule implemented yet? Every substitution that I’ve seen, the players have headed straight to the tunnel.

Another stupid rule change that didn't need changing like kick offs going backwards ,the giving the ball to a team when it hits the ref ,not allowing players in a wall. Rules made by faceless wankers who have never played the game ,who would know a good tackle if Bobby Moore had made it ,and then they give us fucking VAR ,hated by players ,managers fans and pundits ,who are these twats.

So they’re knocking long into a 50/50 duel in the air with two men out of the mix because they’ve dropped them deep?
Sounds like we need to look at ways to take advantage of them going so deep when there is a good chance of turning over possession.
I can’t see how it increases time wasting.

He wasn't taking the kick until they were back in position.

New rule makes the game far better , makes the game/pitch more stretched out and it cuts out on time wasting.

Most of the time the keeper wastes it as there’s no one to pass too now they don’t have an excuse

Back
Top Bottom