New Formation?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Berlin Blade

Large Member
Reaction score
I love our overlapping centre halves and system, don’t get me wrong. However, if you factor in JOC being out, the pivot (Norwood) playing poorly at the moment, Egan being suspended (I actually think Egan’s role is pivotal in our system) I really think Wilder should consider adopting a new system.

4 at the back.

Berge and Norwood sat deep dictating and enforcing.

Fleck, Freeman and Mcgoldrick all floating around in behind Mousset.

I’m not suggesting play it forever but with our current injuries, suspensions and lack of form I’d really like us to try something a little different. We don’t look like scoring at the moment.

I also believe we need something a bit different. Not sure it’s gonna change this season. Definitely think there will be some evolution next season though.

I suggested something similar in the shoutbox earlier, only Lunny for Freeman, but i reckon we could do something like this for Weds night. Needs must with 3 of our centre backs missing.

I’d like to see that and see Berge (Lunny 2.0 for some) get a fair shot in his natural role

I think the only real option is to play 4-2-1-1-2 like the Brazil team with 2 holding midfielders and flying wingbacks. Nowrwood and Berge sit in front of the back 4 and cover both wingbacks who take it in turns to make runs.

Team vs Man U assuming Jags not fit

Verrips
Baldock Basham Robinson Stevens
Norwood Berge
Fleck
Lunny
Mousset Didsy

I think the only real option is to play 4-2-1-1-2 like the Brazil team with 2 holding midfielders and flying wingbacks. Nowrwood and Berge sit in front of the back 4 and cover both wingbacks who take it in turns to make runs.

Team vs Man U assuming Jags not fit

Verrips
Baldock Basham Robinson Stevens
Norwood Berge
Fleck
Lunny
Mousset Didsy
We could still have Bash and Baldock overlap too

I'd be more in favour of a tweak to the current system rather than a complete overhaul. I actually think it would be more worthwhile returning to a similar line up to the one we had before Christmas and potentially experimenting with bringing back the Duffy role at this level.

Also, with the lack of time between fixtures, there's no way we could implement a new formation at this stage of the season. It just doesn't make sense to me to do that. I think the lack of time on the training pitch is already taking it's toll.

Got to try something different. Teams have worked out that if they stop the overloads we are ineffective.

I love our overlapping centre halves and system, don’t get me wrong. However, if you factor in JOC being out, the pivot (Norwood) playing poorly at the moment, Egan being suspended (I actually think Egan’s role is pivotal in our system) I really think Wilder should consider adopting a new system.

4 at the back.

Berge and Norwood sat deep dictating and enforcing.

Fleck, Freeman and Mcgoldrick all floating around in behind Mousset.

I’m not suggesting play it forever but with our current injuries, suspensions and lack of form I’d really like us to try something a little different. We don’t look like scoring at the moment.

For that to work we need a proper goal scorer and at the moment none of the Strikers look like it. I mean when they are on the ball you know its going to be on target. Closest so far has been Billy and if it wasnt for the lockdown makes me wonder how many he would have had as he had found his goal scoring boots. McBurnie is getting chance after chance and if he doesnt come good Sept onwards need to get rid next Jan.

Lads we’ve got to 7th in the Premier League with this system. I suggest the system is fine. We need to change the personnel slightly and get back up to speed.
Well if we do keep the same system, we need to find someone for the central defence position in a 3. I can only think of Basham, in which case we'd have to risk Rodwell in his position. Would be a risk......

JOC let slip in an interview that we are working on something new in training.

I can't remember which interview, think it was in a national newspaper - a few weeks before COVID shutdown.

UTB

Got to try something different. Teams have worked out that if they stop the overloads we are ineffective.

I disagree, we clearly miss JOC down the left. Most of our attacking play has come down the right with Bash and Baldock getting forward. We've just been sloppy in the final third. I think Robinson needs time to get used to playing the LCB role for us.

I disagree, we clearly miss JOC down the left. Most of our attacking play has come down the right with Bash and Baldock getting forward. We've just been sloppy in the final third. I think Robinson needs time to get used to playing the LCB role for us.

Fair enough, what I'm implying is if we haven't got the personal available that have made our preferred system so effective then adapt to a different system that suits the players available (I think).

The 4-2-3-1 is popular in our league.

Typically played with a decent hold up man and bodies around him, intricate box-play, etc.

Back
Top Bottom