New American Blades Fan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

kingverde

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm a brand new Sheffield United fan from America and wanted to tell my story. I'm so excited to be a part of this fantastic s24su community you guys have.

I've been following the EPL from afar for some time but never very intensely or actively. As a big American sports fan, one of my recent goals was to finally dive all in on the EPL and European soccer in general. A buddy of mine and I started following more closely, watching games regularly and attacking our goal. We searched across the league for a team (while avoiding the top 6 clubs) that resonated most with us and we could back with the same passion we do our favorite American sports teams.

Long story short, the Blades resurgence, exciting 19-20 season, Wilder and the fun style of play really attracted us to become Sheffield United fans. We've been following the team actively for about a month now and have been having an absolute blast. I came across this community due to all the exciting transfer news (Berge - let's go!) and had to join up. I'm excited for Saturday's match vs Palace! I look forward to rooting on the Blades with you all from across the pond!!

UTB

Hello all!

I'm a brand new Sheffield United fan from America and wanted to tell my story. I'm so excited to be a part of this fantastic s24su community you guys have.

I've been following the EPL from afar for some time but never very intensely or actively. As a big American sports fan, one of my recent goals was to finally dive all in on the EPL and European soccer in general. A buddy of mine and I started following more closely, watching games regularly and attacking our goal. We searched across the league for a team (while avoiding the top 6 clubs) that resonated most with us and we could back with the same passion we do our favorite American sports teams.

Long story short, the Blades resurgence, exciting 19-20 season, Wilder and the fun style of play really attracted us to become Sheffield United fans. We've been following the team actively for about a month now and have been having an absolute blast. I came across this community due to all the exciting transfer news (Berge - let's go!) and had to join up. I'm excited for Saturday's match vs Palace! I look forward to rooting on the Blades with you all from across the pond!!

UTB
Welcome aboard my friend ⚪🔴⚔️

Hello all!

UTB

Where in the USA? We've got quite a few exiled/ex-pat Sheffielders on the forum who live stateside and at least one other recent American convert to the Blades. I'm in Maryland.

Hello all!

UTB
Lets Go Buffalo 🐂

Hello all!

UTB

Hi Donald, whats your mate called, you don't mention his name in the tweets.

Hello all!

UTB

Welcome to the family UTB

Welcome. We’re blue collar, usually shite and unfashionable. We drink too much at the plentiful pubs around our ground, sing too loud and tend to be unruly when we travel. We spend far too much time concentrating on the misfortunes of our arch rivals, Sheffield Wednesday football club, and they do the same with us - and we both wouldn’t have it any other way. Decades of misery, scandal and failure for a club of our size have instilled a fatalistic streak amongst the fanbase and a gallows sense of humour. But if you slag us off or write us off, we’ll be on all out attack in a blink of an eye. This is the city with the oldest two football clubs in the world, we have the oldest professional football ground in the world, as a city we were heavily involved in the inventing the rules of the game itself and, of course, we were the original “United” - all others copied our name.

We’re good now but we WILL be crap again, that is certain. If you know your way around a pint, don’t take yourself too seriously and will always give ‘em a good shout, this is the club for you.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom