Neill Collins moves into management

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Collo's an intelligent bloke and can articulate himself well. Not so sure as a manager though, there's so many qualities you need to be a good manager such as able to motivate players, organise a team, buy well in the transfer marker - often to a small budget - able to be disciplined but also relate to the players. These are all qualities that Wilder, Warnock (hate saying it) and Bassett all have.

Collo seems a more reserved character to me, but I can see him being good football wise. Good look to him, hope it works out.

How is this Blades related?

I believe he used to play for us, but you’re right perhaps it doesn’t belong in the same section that in the past few days has seen threads about McNulty, Kenny, and Collins’s old partner in defence Maguire.

Can we have a section on the site for old players, and also a section for complaining about where threads are placed?

I believe he used to play for us, but you’re right perhaps it doesn’t belong in the same section that in the past few days has seen threads about McNulty, Kenny, and Collins’s old partner in defence Maguire.

Can we have a section on the site for old players, and also a section for complaining about where threads are placed?
Oh I hadn’t realised, I was thinking he played against us 179 times ;)

One of the few players after our relegation who I felt genuinely cared about the club . And along side Maguire he was a decent centre half aswell... Unfortunately as soon as Maguire left he spiraled but Ill always have time for Collins genuinely hope he does well .
Once a blade and all that...

He may have had a poor last 2 years for but at times you could tell he genuinely cared about the blades good look to him in management

I'll never forgive him for when he was ranting at George Long despite him not doing anything wrong during the game where Gillingham absolute pumped us first day of the season.

I'll never forgive him for when he was ranting at George Long despite him not doing anything wrong during the game where Gillingham absolute pumped us first day of the season.
Long didn't do anything wrong? Seriously ? He was awful that first half and his reluctance to come off his line was obvious ro all at the game

Soccer is actually the original term for football in fairness to the Yanks

The word 'football' is hundreds of years old. 'Soccer' less than two hundred. The Sheffield Rules, for example, were the rules of the Sheffield Football Association - not soccer.

As you probably already know, 'football' was a word used to describe a sport played in various ways that mixed in a lot of what we now know as football/rugby/aussie rules/american football. When the game we know today began to formalise it was referred to as 'Association Football', to distinguish it from rugby. 'Soccer' was a corruption of that phrase, derived from public school slang. It's possible that 'soccer' originates from before the single-word 'football' came to be widely understood as specifically that version of the game we play today, but it certainly wasn't the original term for football.

Collins was a decent player but didn't we come to the conclusion he kept getting dropped as he wouldn't follow management orders?
If I may paraphrase The Mikado:

My object all sublime
I shall achieve in time -
To let the punishment fit the crime -
The punishment fit the crime;

Back
Top Bottom