Neal Maupay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fair enough mate, my impression and assumption must have been wrong, I’ll take it on the chin and improve the assumptionometer in the future. :)

No need to apologise, it looks like I was the one who was wrong so I’ve no qualms in apologising, it’s a great time to be a Blade so we’ve no need to bicker over things we have no control over.

Your final comment should be sent to every Blade wiz, commonsense epitomised, and something I'm sure Wilder will employ this coming season.

The operative word being types. Benteke is the Didsy style player that CW can work on.

He does use his strength well, I’d say it’s his skill that makes it difficult to get the ball off him though.

Aye, he has a really good first touch and he has awareness of players around him and can run with the ball as well as create space for himself to either get a shot off or play in another player. I really hope we go for him, but I do appreciate it'll be a big fee for one player.

The operative word being types. Benteke is the Didsy style player that CW can work on.
I wouldn't want anyone closely resembling Benteke.

minimum £10m fee
currently earns £120k PW
doesn't score
doesn't look arsed

Exactly - 6 seasons with 3 clubs in PL - was good but not anymore, so he has something but it needs managing - our greatest asset.
As opposed to £10-20m for Championship players who never made the step up. Basing our budget on too many top Championship players appears to be an insurance against next seasons relegation. Recruiting 3 top PL players with the right character should pull some of the existing team upto the standard needed to survive.

Exactly - 6 seasons with 3 clubs in PL - was good but not anymore, so he has something but it needs managing - our greatest asset.
As opposed to £10-20m for Championship players who never made the step up. Basing our budget on too many top Championship players appears to be an insurance against next seasons relegation. Recruiting 3 top PL players with the right character should pull some of the existing team upto the standard needed to survive.

Artur Boruc Southampton Free transfer [1]
1 July 2015 CB Sylvain Distin Everton Free transfer [2]
1 July 2015 GK Adam Federici Reading Free transfer [3]
1 July 2015 LW Joshua King Blackburn Rovers £1,000,000 [4][5]
1 July 2015 LB Tyrone Mings Ipswich Town £8,000,000 + Fraserloan [6]
4 August 2015 RW Max Gradel Saint-Étienne £7,000,000 [7][8]
4 August 2015 ST Lee Tomlin Middlesbrough £3,000,000 [9][10]
1 September 2015 CF Glenn Murray Crystal Palace Undisclosed [11]
17 September 2015 CM Alessandro Cannataro Internazionale Free transfer [12]
10 January 2016 CF Benik Afobe Wolverhampton Wanderers £10,000,000 [13]
11 January 2016 ST Lewis Grabban Norwich City £8,000,000 [14]
Total spending:
11px-Decrease2.svg.png
£37,000,000

Bournemouth didn't too bad with minimal PL signings after promotion.

Total spending:
11px-Decrease2.svg.png
£37,000,000

Weird thing about that list is, there's only Joshua King that's actually been a worthwhile signing for them.

Total spending:
11px-Decrease2.svg.png
£37,000,000

Other then King and Boruc none could be deemed a PL success for them.

Maupay or Assombalonga or McBurrnie?

If they were all the same money I would go for
1. McBurrnie
2. Maupay
3. Assombalonga

But in reality I would want Brit for less than the others, he doesn’t do it for me. But thankfully it is not my decision.

Maupay or Assombalonga or McBurrnie?

If they were all the same money I would go for
1. McBurrnie
2. Maupay
3. Assombalonga

But in reality I would want Brit for less than the others, he doesn’t do it for me. But thankfully it is not my decision.

Think it depends on what we have to spend. I would imagine Maupay is the most expensive , then mcburnie then Assombalonga.

It all depends if Assombalonga is 15m then no, if he’s 8-9 then maybe. All well and good saying Assombalonga is 15m but Boro need to sell no no parachute payments so we are in the strong position. Rumours Maupay is £20+

All three are physical strikers that will cause issues whoever we end up with will be good.

Maupay is simply a better player than the others mentioned ...if we were pushing the boat out is deffo Maupay for me ..his all round games looks like he can hack the general play in the Premiership ..

Looks best striker in championship by a country mile when I've seen him

Fair enough mate, my impression and assumption must have been wrong, I’ll take it on the chin and improve the assumptionometer in the future. :)

No need to apologise, it looks like I was the one who was wrong so I’ve no qualms in apologising, it’s a great time to be a Blade so we’ve no need to bicker over things we have no control over.

Have you tried turning the assumptionometer on and off Wiz?

Having seen this compilation of his goals this season, i can't see what he offers that Sharp doesn't?

I don't see anything out of the ordinary in any of McBurnie, Maupay or Assombalonga. I'd rather Adams, Abraham (if he goes out on loan) or Bowen (and I'm going off him with the prices speculated but no worse than any of the others I'd imagine).

But he isn't born from the bosom of these great Isles :eek::eek::eek:

Francia is close enough though :p:p:p

He's about 6 years younger isn't he?

Think he's actually about 10 years younger

Yes; but that is suggesting Sharp is finished and won't play a role next season? The point i'm making is i'd rather we'd spend money on someone who brings something different. We don't have funds to sign loads of quality, proven players - so we need to be smart with which we go for.

Yes; but that is suggesting Sharp is finished and won't play a role next season? The point i'm making is i'd rather we'd spend money on someone who brings something different. We don't have funds to sign loads of quality, proven players - so we need to be smart with which we go for.

weerzloadsofqualityprovenplayersmunneh? Doesn’t have quite the same ring to it.

Personally I think he's a better player than Sharp.

Personally I think he's a better player than Sharp.

I’ll be honest - i’ve only seen him play in both games against us this season, and wasn’t overly impressed. As mentioned; purely based on that highlights reel, he looks a very similar player to Sharp.

I’ll be honest - i’ve only seen him play in both games against us this season, and wasn’t overly impressed. As mentioned; purely based on that highlights reel, he looks a very similar player to Sharp.

In the game at the Lane he was extremely poor. On 3 separate occasions he tried a quick turn and shoot but got closer to the corner flag on each attempt.

Back
Top Bottom